Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Leamington, ON

It provides a retail experience, which gave me a new insight into a fast-paced and customer-friendly environment and to get trained in various policies and standards.
Fun place to work, flexible schedules. Can meet and befriend a lot of people. Lots of things to learn as an retail associate to keep up with Walmart standards but pays of at the end. Work becomes stressful at times due to poor planning.
Pros
Highly diverse, safe place, equal opportuinity employer
Cons
Poor focus on training, hardwork is not recognized
productive and fun workplace, learned the Canadian work experience it is a good place to grow, each and everyone is helpful and supportive. I am looking forward to great work experiences in the near future.
I learned a lot from being a cashier. Dealing with customers questions, and helping them with their items were my main tasks. I also had to have knowledge of simple accounting.
Workload in the dairy dept is overwhelming the more you do the more they want,very stressful to get everything out without management breathing down your neck,and be prepared to pull 1000 lbs of milk every wed you have to rearrange the cooler to fit it ,not worth the pay
Pros
charity events
Cons
weekends
Job Responsibilities; • Receive payment via cash, debit/credit card • Greet all clientele. • Maintain Clean work area all the time • Compare and lower prices to make merchandises in a competitive level.
really good place to work and everyone helpful as well.The work they give is basic and they also teach about the same before and then under supervision of manager they allow us to perform task.
Walmart is a great place to work, you are always able to find work to do, they never stop you from trying to learn new things or move up in the company. I started at store standards and made it to Customer Service Manager before I left.
Great place to work , good culture and well organized. Allocation shift is proper and adequate level of training are provided. good place learn some interpersonal and customer service skills.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?
Great job, terrible management. Made working there much worse than it needed to be, constantly understaffed and management would only get mad at their employees for being unable to complete a 5 person task with 2 employees.
Pros
Not stuck in one spot all day
Cons
Long Hours
After being at the Leamington Store for only 5 months, I was given great leadership and direction from all associates involved. Very positive atitudes that makes working there and experiance rather than "Just a Job"
Very friendly enviroment Cash out customers Good attitude Customer assistance anytime needed Try to elaborate on creditcard appications Layaway purchases as well
Pros
Nice friendly atomasphere
Cons
Didnt consider employees looking to advance
Had good and complicated (mostly complicated) managers, lazy and or annoying co-workers then there were the fun ones. Because of the lack of staff members, a lot was expected and some of the managers were unapologetic about it. Overall it was an okay experience.
Pros
Staff events, benefits, salary
Cons
Friendly colleagues. Lots of learning and a fun based experience. Great workplace to work and explore one's talent and potential. Integrity ad diginity at work.
It is a decent place to work. Great benefits for full time workers. No benefits for part time. The work isn't mentally difficult but can be very physically demanding. Walmart host a lot of dinners/lunchs for their workers at certain times of the year (christmas, easter, fund raisers).
Pros
Benefits for full time
Cons
Lack of moral boosting in management
Management in my area was interesting. If there was a question, you would get various answers that would just lead to more questions. However, the associates were kind and is what made the job enjoyable.
costumer service retail knowledge stocking shelf and looking after inventory team leader and team player Mostly part time jobs Easy and relaxing environment
overall the company has gone downhill from when I was first hired. now that they are the only big retailer in Canada it has not got any better. all they concern is the bottom line and do not value their employees as an asset to the company but more like inventory.
I wouldn't be who I am today if I didn't have the experience as working as a cashier for so many years. I think communication is key and that was never my strength before working at Walmart. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the people there because they become family. The hardest part of the job was doing so much work for barely any income. Management and co-workers become family so it's easy to trust in people
Pros
Flexible with availability
Cons
annoying customers ruin your day
The work is exactly what you would expect, often do not have the supplies needed to do our job properly, but the people I work with make up for it.
Pros
Community involvement
Cons
Dealing with the general public
Started there when I was 15 years old and was there for almost 10 years. They were a great company to work for. Was trained in most areas of the store.