Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Labrador City, NL

In charge of managing lines, counting cashes, interacting with customers, scheduling assignments for the day, and keeping the store clean. The management team are great.
.Enjoyed my stay, new learning for me about retail. Fun at work and there is no room for boredom. My superiors are so far are at there best in giving so much time and not to overlook something.
Walmart is a great place to work. Everyone is willing to help wherever they are needed and easy to get along with. If you have any issues or concern management take it seriously and helps to resolve the issue. I really enjoyed working there.
Working at Walmart was probably my most favourite job and I worked with the best people. I had amazing management and I learned a lot about customer service.
No matter what the management would chastise us if the truck is not unloaded on time, EVEN if some unforeseeable incident happened that was beyond our control. Definitly not on my first choice list to work for.
I worked mostly 7-3:30 Five days a week. Working under pressure to get everything done was really .Benefits were okay. Customer service I enjoyed the most
Pros
meeting all kinds of people
Cons
long hours and little recognition of work performed
It was fun because you were always meeting new people. I learned responsibility and scheduling and how to work with balancing money. I enjoyed working with my co-workers. I hardest part of the job was working in extreme cold temperatures.
Pros
Gained work experience
Cons
There was no bathroom provided which made shift work difficult at times
would rather not have to work at Walmart ever again, 7 night shifts with 2 days off then 3 nights for 2 more days off. Above reason is why I would rather not work there again.
This is my first place of work in the retail industry. Great team on management, out of approximately 6 managers (that i have dealt with), there is one weak link who was rude to employees regularly and was very unpleasant to work with, and no issues whatsoever with the rest of management. I learned to deal with customers, whether they were pleasant or not while working here and how to put the customer first as i would sometimes ignore my work duties to please customers. Seems like while I havent had an overly bad experience here, I have to say some of management seems to be out of touch with it's employees in that they do not seem to realize the workload they expect their employees. Other than that, not a bad place to work. Fellow employees are pleasant to work with. It's what you would generally expect from working at a Walmart.
Pros
Getting paid, social interaction on a daily basis.
Cons
One manager that ruined everyone's day.
Things got done but the management was not the best. No one had direction half of the time and was just trying to stay out of the way. I learned how to use a pallet jack on the job, and how to utilize my organizational skills while stacking boxes on the pallets. The co-workers were friendly for the most part but there were a few odd balls that were always cranky. The hardest part about the job was repetitively picking up boxes, over and over again. The most enjoyable part of the job was the pay.
Pros
Anything you need could be bought at your location of employment.
Cons
Terribly long hours
Night shift stocker...8 hr shifts,good people and staff....friendly
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
not enough time with my family