Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Kirkland, QC

I realy loved working at Wal-Mart. I think it's one of the best companies you can work for. I've flip-flopped between departments, but no matter where I go. I always felt welcomed and included. I just didn't like one of my supervisors who, when in-charge, made the place a living demonic paradise. She will call you out for minor infractions and her simple commands is enough to increase my blood pressure to an all-time high. The managers are great to work with and are very understanding.
Pros
Great managers, employee discount, friends
Cons
That supervisor, zoning
Walmart will do everything to make you *feel* like you are appreciated and valued, however they will not back you up when you really need it. Illusion of a good workplace until something goes wrong.
Pros
Free shoes yearly
Cons
Clientele and Management
Always something to do Nice colleagues Upper management were available and showed interest in their staff as well as the departments they were directly responsible for Fun to interact with customers
Working at Walmart is a solid job. It is a retail job so if you have no problems with retail then you are set with Walmart. It's a well established company that works well with its employees and has a good system for them to use even as a part timer.
overall it was an enjoyable work environment. Great co-workers, and possibilities of job advancement. Can be extremely stressful at times, especially holiday times,
Je voudrais travailler à walmart ça serait un bon endroit pour interagir avec les gens
En étant manutentionnaire le fait que l'on travail physique est bon pour la santé mais aussi comporte son lot de désagrément. J'ai travaillé 11 ans pour eux et par la suite des maux de dos persistant mon obligé de changer d'emploi
Pros
bonne environnement de travail
Cons
les salaires sont peu compétitifs
Very good entry level job for students. Management is very good about being fair to all associates. great benefits all around and a lot of great teamwork
The working environment was very friendly - lots of teamwork and friendly colleagues. I learned a lot working at Walmart, namely how to handle customer complaints, manage schedules, ensure the cash area had appropriate coverage, etc...
bad people it was a very bad environment to work in because of the people who worked there, all were snobs and thought they were better than others. but a good place
Les sessions étaient de une heure chaque et les condition de travaille étaient bien.
J'ai bien aimé le service à la clientèle. Je me suis impliqué dans le comité santé sécurité.
Pros
Bien entourré
Cons
Manque d'ouverture d'esprit
Environnement de travail très agréable. J'ai bien aimé le service à la clientèle. Je me suis impliqué dans le comité santé et sécurité.
Pros
Bien entourré
Cons
Manque d'ouverture d'esprit
I've been at Walmart for almost three years, it has taught me a lot. How to be patient and how to deal with customers in the appropriate manner. As well as how to deal with how fast paced Walmart can be. I learned how to multi-task and do everything from cash, customer service and self-checkout. I was the last person that they saw before they left the store so i had to make it memorable so that they would come again. The hardest part of the job was definitely the fact that it was fast paced and always busy, so you had to be on top of your game at all times. There's never a time where you can just relax and talk, you are always doing something. Which is good, because the time goes by very quickly. I met some of my best friends at Walmart which was definitely the best part about it.
Pros
Co-Workers were amazing
Cons
A lot of time on your feet/Very tiring
Walmart was overall a wonderful first job.The work itself was very tiring, you had to constantly be working and dealing with customers. Walmart, Kirkland is a very busy place considering it is one of the biggest and busiest in all of Quebec. It taught me a lot on how to handle tough situations quickly and also how to manage my time wisely. Having this job was a great opportunity and kept me learning new things every single day. My least favorite part was that management wasn't too considerate about their employees lives beyond work place. They overall weren't easily approachable (not all of them but most of them)
Pros
Free lunchs, Bonus paychecks, Benefits
Cons
Long, very busy hours.
It's a decent place to work. Not a place you'd want to spend a lifetime at but for a student it did the trick. The hours were alright by chance for me but a lot of other employees were constantly complaining about having too many or too few hours. The tasks were always very manageable.
Pros
Simple tasks
Cons
Break Room
Fast pace work which requires a strong physical strength. Boring repetitive music which is not uplifting to keep working during overnight. Shorter lunch break compared to date time employees.
Pros
Good understanding managers/supervisors
Cons
regular hours feels longer
Job entailed managing all cashiers, customer service associates, cart pushers and people greeters.
It wasn`t my ideal kind of job. I wasn`t there long enough to give a proper review because I was determined to find a job that best suited my talents in the work face. I was hoping for a job in the office dept.
we have had to do much more then what is on our job description. we don't get treated well. our back store manager is never any where in sight he doesn't help us even when we are short on staff and he doesn't manage at all nor is he good at it. not being paid enough for the amount of things we shouldn't have to do.
Pros
there are benefits
Cons
badly treated
Every single day we learn new things. The co-workers are most of the times there very helpful when we need help. At Wal-Mart, we treat all the associates on same way.