Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Kingston, ON

The front end management (the manager for the cashiers, and the CSMs) is wonderful, though I only worked with her briefly before I terminated my employment.
I have worked at Walmart for a few years now, and the main reason I'm still there is my manager. She makes myself and others feel valued and part of the team. I don't feel like any manager has just thrown any employee under the bus for the sake of a customer. No minimum wage job is going to be the best, but there are a lot of different teams in the store you can work for so you can probably find one you like. All in all, this is a great place to work.
Pros
unpredictable daily tasks, themed days, occasional free lunch, friendly peers & management
Cons
unpredictable daily tasks, you're not going to be making $20+/hr
Add another couple dollars to the pay and they would have better workers for overnights. Free water bottles year round. They take too long to hire new people.
Always push u to max.no respect for ppl.u are a number and thats it.one day you do well the other day even if u do we dont get acknowledged.we had pump trucks only to pull heavy skids of salt.no mechanical
They terminated me my last shift of work and waited until my shift was over. No explanation why. I am a military wife and that is my life. No respect for military family’s that have to move frequently. k Walmart Kingston not professional at all
great staff, good for people seeking team orientated positions, very understanding staff and open to suggestions on how to improve the work place and customer service.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
Being bakery associate was a good first good! I loved the people I worked with, loved the environment and was overall a good experience! It was cool to see how a big company like Walmart works!
Pros
Loved my coworkers
Cons
Was a little hard to get my shifts changed when I needed to s
Absent micro-managers. Poor performers are not held accountable. Priority jobs are directed to more capable persons. Hours are cut to to save on budget.
My job was basically to stock the shelves, make sure the floor was always clean, make sure the bakery was always clean, bake and deal with customer service. It was overall a great first job!
Pros
good breaks
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?
Never met my managers, very confusing first few shifts. Aggressive customers, late hours, no overtime. Don't work here. They don't care about their employees at all.
Good place to learn and explore the new opportunities. Also good place for learning new skills and develop leadership and problem solving skills. Able to work independently and as a team player.
I would get to work and sign in. I would get to the floor and I would check the CSMs desk to find out what cash I was working on than I would head to that register. I would ring the customers items through and bag them. I would take their money and give them their change. At the end of the night I would close out the cash and have to count a certain amount of money to leave in the register.
Pros
got a discount
Cons
sore feet
Not bad, not to much to complain about besides management could listen to their employees more. But friendly staff make it easier to come back and work.
I loved working in the bakery but the hour drive every morning at 3 am was far to hard on my body. I loved my coworkers and the job was so much fun I wish I could find something in smiths falls similar to it.
You will quickly learn the pros and cons retail if working at Walmart. Days usually fly by and there are many employees to make friends with. Managers are generally reasonable and understanding but can be spread too thin due to the high levels of staff generally.
Pros
Employee Discount, lots of hours for part-timers
Cons
Variety of shift start times depending on department
The time i worked there i was not treated even like a human managers would never actually listen to you. they treated there employees like they where just basically machine that should never complain.
Walmart was a great place to work. Management and staff were courteous and helpful. Team members went out of their way to assist any way they could. As Health and Safety Team leader, the staff worked very well together to implement safety guidelines and ensure it was a safe and fun place to work.
Relatively easy work with heavy lifting and demanding customers. Very buracratic company with little idea on how to properly operate or manage stores. Promotions will almost always be given to the least qualified and/or most incompetent.
Pros
Hours are flexible, discount card, starting wage above minimum
Cons
Poorly run with a focus on making money that has no concern for employes
Typical cashier job, other than typical walmart customers. Enjoyed working there very much and had to quit due to school and moving away for a few months.
Pros
hours, staff
Cons
customers
I found that the people I worked with were very diverse but Walmart is definitely it's own community. The main issue was that the management, particularly the upper management, the were determined to hold themselves apart and above those that worked for them. The constant treatment of any employee as disposable, in the words of one of the upper management "Just bodies to fill spots that the computer generated systems says are needed." That was the most difficult part of working there.
In a typical day as the night shift receiver i am responsible for all deliveries which include bread, milk, eggs, chips, pop ect. Making sure the back room is clean and up to Wal Marts standards. Stocking shelves, maintaining communication with management on deliveries are also part of my job. I have a good relationship with my co workers , and management does their best to provide support and training when needed. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing i got all my tasks done correctly and safely each night. The worst part of the job is the difficulty in moving upward in the company.
Pros
free muffins from mcdonalds on thursday
Cons
communication