Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Kindersley, SK

i am happy to work in Walmart in Kindersley that time before i have my new manager, after i have new manager he try change the deal i make with the original manager when i am apply my job, because i have to go home to my country that time , to not make any problem so i am resign
Employment growth are in place. Management are pretty approachable and they do open door policy. employee are encouraged to grow by trainings and couching.
Management has poor management skills. Your treated as a number and a body to make them look good. There is so much gossiping and backstabbing from the other employees. Look elsewhere for employment.
The job security is good No pressure on work flexible schedule The co workers are very supportive and friendly The medical facilities is great and family benefits are good
night shift: 2-3 skids per department to be unpacked every night. clean shelves as you go and keep your work area clean. day shift: Cashier: stock up cash areas, separate returns, handle cash.
A typical day at work, could go from fine to chaotic quickly. I learned how to deal with angry customers and to remain positive in the face of a challenge. The management was okay, i mean it could definitely use some work, but they are very kind and understanding. I've made many life long friends at Walmart, and it is a positive work environment most of the time, However, the opportunity for advancement was slim to none. No one seemed to care about my interest in a CSM position and my job was quickly getting boring. I didn't know how to apply for the position and I was left in the dark. I felt rather underappreciated, but I still love working at Walmart no matter what.
Pros
Great People
Learned lots about customer service and time management. Fun place to work. Would recommend to people learning and growing in the customer service pursuit.
Pros
learning experience
Cons
Learned new things everyday and working with both staff and employers were good. I enjoyed my time at walmart i hope i can work for the company again sometime
my co worker were great my supervisor picked favorites and I wasn't one of them but I did my job was always friendly and everyone left my till smiling or laughing.
Pros
meet newpeople
Cons
dont get paid enough, very disorginized
Handling the Cashiers. Handling work without any stress. Balance daily transactions.
.Merchandising ,Stocking ,Assigning task to overnight stockers by following company standards and policies. .Leadership and management Skills,integrate and co-ordinate with team to get the maximum results. .Broad minded, always ready to help to solve my job related problems. .Productivity is only thing which needs to be focused. .Co -workers are good . .Decision Making is the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Leadership
Cons
Long Hours
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working at Wal-Mart. Because I used my natural people skills sometimes it took the Assist. Mgr or Store Mgr a bit to get to know me. Once they did, they found that my production level was higher when I could just be myself. Kooky. I found that many of the other Dept. Mgr's were more often than not very willing to allow me to learn specific details of their departments as well. I also learned that customers liked it when you acted more human while maintaining a degree of knowledge about various departments, not just your own. I think that may have been another reason why I may have wanted to learn about other departments. Customers tend to get pretty snarky if they keep hearing "Sorry, that's not my dept" I would also like to think that I had something to do with teaching store personnel, that it's okay to have fun at work. Fun produces better performance and increases people skills. I never worked a Dept or trained a new hire, if I couldn't or wasn't willing to do the work myself. I believe that's why my last Store Manager said that he felt I had what it took to be a good Assistant Manager and that he would help me in any way he could from a good strong recommendation or whatever way he could as far as extra training would go.
Pros
If the Store Manager is easy going, it can be a fun place to work
Cons
Full time hours are considered 28-30 hours per week. The pay sucks
Support Manager 2011-2013 Wal Mart, Kindersley SK Job Description 1. Preparation-Tour Store with notes from day team  Identify Zoning Opportunity with the Closing Duty Manager  Review Store Manager recap, emails, Workbench  Unloader Follow-up  Receiving emptied  Merchandise Spotted  Waxing and extracting plan in Place 2. Plan Execution-Plan out team activities  Stocking  Unloader Follow-up  Maintenance Team Assignments and follow-up  Ongoing Touring of floor and answering questions 3. Plan follow-up-Quick review of progress and remaining task with team  Ensure store ready to open  Complete overnight ICS checklist  Complete overnight productivity recap  Tour with store manager or duty manager
Pros
good working enviornment
Cons
night job
Beginning shift meeting covering previous day sales, safety and company cheer,Management generally very good, empowering and highly motivatedAssociates friendly, very hard workingHardest part of the job was hiring workersEnjoyed fast pace, never boring
Pros
great benefits and compensation for managers.
Cons
my last six months averaging 70 to 90 hours a week.