Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Keswick, ON

Stay focused on tasks, work diligently and efficiently, integral work ethic, remain customer service friendly and you will do well. The retail industry is not for the faint of heart.
good experience, I enjoyed interacting with the customers, Walmart was a good place for me to experience I learned a lot of work ethic and how to work independently
Your experience at Walmart depends on the managers, but bad managers don't tend to stay very long. If you are a hard worker and do your job properly and on time you can move up in the company.
I would really only reccomend working at walmart if it is your first job as you will get some job skills out of it but that is about it. The job can be stressful at times and the management is not professional to say the least. There is definitely favouritism with the management and I personally feel like I am one of there least favourites. They also have given me phoney write ups and have made me feel like I am a really bad and lazy employee when infact the opposite is true
If you need a easy job, and don't care if your mental health goes down the drain then work for this soul sucking company. a typical day at work is stressful and full of abuse.
Very good place to work, managers and associates are very easy to get along with and the managers are also really good at balancing your outside life with work schedules. Such as my hockey schedule
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Early morning
It's a good job to pay the bills if you're a student looking for work or for a summer job. The co-workers are fun to work with (mainly because they're in the same range of age) and the managers are okay.
Walmart wasn’t a bad experience for me because it helped me with a lot of my work skills and customer service. Others may not enjoy Wal-Mart however I found it made me a better worker
Pros
Caring, and safe work environment
Cons
Over scheduling, communication between management
Great place to work. Always learned something new each day. Ability to grow within the company. Enjoyed working with a different variety of cultures. Always had a morning or afternoon meeting to update on how the company was doing and what the goals were for that day. Managers would ask for volunteers to help in different areas periodically and knew who they could rely on. Thats how i managed to discover almost every area of the store. Make yourself available for change more times than not.
Pros
Benefit packages for family were awesome, always helping charities and fundraising in a fun way
Cons
Constant management changes
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?
great place to start off. benefits for full time. profit sharing for all employees. discount card and 15% off coupons at Christmas. Walmart takes care of its employees. snacks in the lunch room on payday.
Pros
free holiday dinners
Cons
being asked about a product that only loblaws carries
Definitely very stressful as a customer experience sales floor associate, and a lot of unrealistic expectations but other then that a fun job I enjoyed going too
Pros
Breaks, hours, some departments
Cons
Having a lot of managers, unrealistic expectations, unfairness
I worked at walmart located in Keswick Ontario and would have to say that it is one of the best places any student could work! Associates there are friendly and Walmart really helps people work as a team.
Walmart was a great place to work at. There was always work to do and the people there always seemed to be pretty happy. It was such a good place to work because everyone was always so friendly.
Pros
free lunches every other Friday
Cons
short hours
Good place to work. I deal with lots of people and handle a lot of money.Management is good and caring. Most co-workers are like family. Very low stress and accommodating.
I enjoyed working at Walmart for the most part. There was a great diversity of people working there and I met a lot of people both customers and employees.
Pros
employee appreciation activities
The entire reason I left was because of a CSM (customer service manager) who was three times my age, but had no decorum or maturity. She did not like me, and that was quite obvious. She called me names like 'the beast', and always found a reason to talk badly about me (and my mother who also worked for the company), and even talked behind my back to my closest friends. When I approached upper management about it, nothing happened. I feel like I was forced into leaving due to the hostile work environment.
I think Walmart has very good company policies that would be more effective if they were utilized and followed properly. They over book part-time employee's and do not follow regulations. The managers are not sympathetic or understanding at all.
Pros
Friendly employees
Cons
The way issues are handled and addressed
Shifts were never boring and always productive. Working with so many people, shifts were given out appropriately and balanced with my personal life very well. It was a fun environment that I enjoyed returning to the following days to work again.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Closing meant you had to stay longer then scheduled due to customers
we should punch in and have our nightly Walmart meeting and then we would be given a department to work in that night. once we knew where we would be working we would take out the skids from the back room filled with merchandise and stock the shelves until the morning.
Pros
free lunches some times, good people.
Cons
it was at night so it messed with my schedule a lot.
It was a very decent job for my first time in any work force, the people were very nice and the management was harsh but also friendly and nice when they needed to be all in all a job place to work for your first job.
Pros
profit-share
Cons
to many hours 48+ a week
for a first job it was alright.the money was nice and some of the management was cool and the discount you get is great but they favor employees that are puss overs.