Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Kenora, ON

Walmart was a good experience. My typical day at work went by fast, and as I was a student, the flexible part-time hours made it easy to navigate school and work life. However, whenever I wasn't in school, I was booked and that made it difficult to have a social life. I loved being around people all day; if you have good customer service skills, it seems like you're just hanging out with friends all day. The hardest part of the job is the big rushes, when you feel overwhelmed and stressed.
Cons
Long, often busy hours.
stocked shelves on the display so people can grab what they want ,, i also helped out the cashiers with getting more people through the rush hour and busy nights
Pros
good team work
Cons
short lunch
was a fun place to work always room for advancement free training continuous on line and in store training profit sharing plane and the ability to purchase stocks
Working for Walart was a fun enjoyable experience. I worked well with the team and was able to learn many great skills. Which include great leadership skills and excellent customer service skills which really helped me with job performance. They provided me with great training so I could fullfill all my job duties which included managing more than 10 and up to 40 people at any given time. The part I hated most was having to be transferable every two years that was very difficult. Of course the customers are the most important part of the job love the energy I feel when I have helped someone and I get to see their happy faces over and over. Customers deserve to shop in a fun environment and feel comfortable approaching any associate in your establishment for whatever their needs might be.
Pros
Good work ethics and excellent training methods
Cons
Assistant mangers having to be transferable
From start to finish, I am always busy with work. It helps to know that you are helping the company look tidy and full of inventory. Working with staff is always pleasant, and the customers are always a pleasure to serve. I enjoy that the managers are easy to talk with and they have an open door policy.
Pros
Always helpful associates.
Cons
No Direct contact number to main supervisor.
Overall, a good place to work. Heavy lifting is required. Benefit plan is very good. 10% discount on all product. Working as a team as well as independently is very important. Management works to meet everyone's needs which, of course, is not always possible.
Pros
discount on store product
Cons
too few staff to meet the demands
dealing with cranky cuastomers for minimum wage hated job miserable every day staff was rude and inconsiderate
was a good place to work would stillbe there if i did not have to help my family
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?