Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Kemptville, ON

11 years with a company that treats you like garbage and their ROP is nothing, literally bottom of the barrel. They took away the Covid pay from their employees and the pandemic is FAR from being over. They do not care about their employees one bit. It’s all about making money not about making sure their employees are happy.
Pros
Cons
Treats everyone terrible
Management is terrible and will provide no help when concerns are raised. I have no desire to go to work anymore. Every interaction with the SM is awful.
Multiple department/assistant managers creates a stressful environment due to the fact that you're being told to complete different tasks by different people, each of which supposedly has the "most urgent need". The employee discount and option for benefits are incentives to continue working there. Most employees can be friendly. Advancement seems nearly impossible, as people who have been there for years and deserve management positions are still overlooked.
Learned a great deal of things from my two years at Walmart, including how to work with others, communication and reliability. A friendly place to work with patient managers.
i wouldnt work here more than a year... it literally drains your soul slowly it is fast paced and always short staffed. customers are rude and staff is not always friendly.
The whole assistant manager team needs to be changed. No guidance or support from management. Fulfillment associates are treated like animals. 2 hrs to unload a truck, 2hrs to work freight and still get overnight freight to salesfloor. They say 8 hour shift but its not after you take 2 x 15 min breaks and 1 hr lunch.
As a customer experience associate, I dabbled in many jobs in the store. I didn't feel that any of these positions kept me engaged and made me want to keep working.
I worked as a customer service manager and department manager at Walmart and I would not recommend it. All the assistant managers act like they are better than everyone else and you get no support from them when you need it. It is very hard to get fired from Walmart so they hold on to bad employees just so they have the bodies. Store managers in my experience have always been bad. They just talk a lot and say what you want to hear and nothing gets done about it. Walmart customers are terrible and rude and expect you to give them whatever they want and management doesn't back you up when you follow the rules. Very stressful environment. I know of several people who went on stress leave in just the few years I was there. Not a good place to work.
Pros
10% Discount, discounts through perkopolis.
Cons
Management sucks, low pay, bad attitudes
Your fellow workers here are some of the nicest people you will ever meet, but management on the other hand cause constant stress.The job involves attempting to perform tasks at an unreasonable pace and management watching over your shoulder constantly. Creates a lot of stress and generally have to stay late.
Pros
Sometimes free snacks
Cons
Working late, constant stress.
This place is a joke.....don't expect too much help from incompetent managers..right from the top down.......if you like a steady flow of the new faces of people to work with....this is your job.... they expect total open availability for part-time......no benefits and use number of scheduled hours against you if you don't fit their mold. When Walmart was forced to pay $14/hour......they cut everybody's part-time hours to make up the difference .......raising the min. wage was to help workers to get ahead....leave it to walmart to screw their own employees from doing this...... This place is all reports and numbers....not interested in you the employee.....just interested in having a body to fill a position.... open door policy and so called grassroot yearly meeting are a joke and window dressing only.... recommendation....keep on looking.....this is the bottom of company's to work for
Pros
will hire anybody....
Cons
high turn over for good reason
good job for students, but not much else to be quite honest. very difficult to acquire decent wages based on skill or merit. Not much room for advancement
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at walmart, my associates were easy to work with and very work oriented, it was something new everyday and the management team was very supportive.
The average day at Walmart consist of pushing carts, stocking the dairy ails and anywhere that need help. I learned alot of skills and worked many positions. Management at Walmart is very difficult to get along with but as for co-workers they were all team players and always gave a helping hand.
It was a job that provided income for a reasonable amount of work. Working in the garden center was by far the best aspect of the job as it allowed a shift in work from pushing carts to water and caring for plants.
Pros
Income
Cons
Erratic hours
The routine was nice if somewhat repetitive but it kept me busy and moving and that's good. I learned how to operate power equipment used to lift and move heavy loads of merchandise safely. Co-workers were the best part, they understand you, and are usually more than willing to help if they can.
Pros
Profit Sharing
Cons
Management had inconsistencies in instruction.
Good first job; wouldn't recommend staying there forever.
Pros
paid lunches
Cons
not enough money
People who worked there did not talk to the cleaners. I felt used and very long drive to work everyday.
My role as a Connection Center Associate was to activate phones, keep up to date on current promotions, technology, rate plans, interact with customers and help them find solutions to different issues, as well as helping with managerial duties. The most challenging part of the job was to keep track of the different promotions the carriers have at the same time. Sometimes they were the same, varied slightly, or were completely different. It is a lot of new information being given to you at once. I did at times enjoy it because I was constantly learning and there was always something new. The most enjoyable part of the job was when customers complimented my product knowledge and were pleased by the customer service given to them. This meant I was doing my job well, and making the customer happy too.
Pros
amazing staff, good hours
Cons
the location
My typical day at walmart is helping customers get the satisfication that they expected when coming into walmart. I provide feedback as well as listen to complants, I deal with the complants in a respectful manner, by suggesting ways that walmart can fix the problem. I also deal with returns/exchanges. As well as Western Union.I have learnt a lot from walmart in the last year and a half. I have learnt to help customers find what they are looking for when they come to walmart also being a Customer Service associate I have learnt to deal many different sistuations which I try my best to have the best outcome possible. I dont really have a hard part in my job. The most enjoyable part of my job is dealing with the customers, providing the feedback that they need.
Pros
ajustable hours
Cons
management