Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Kelowna, BC

as a first job, its very easy, except for working in cosmetics. theres almost no one there, stock gets left behind and not worked. they never schedule me any hours even if i ask for it. management isnt that great. the best part of my job is going on my breaks and clocking out.
Honestly the worst job I ever had in my life. Management was poor, schedules were never properly put together, and the gross miscommunication between management was constant. They'll promise you upon hiring that you can have certain times off (IE Christmas, a well known blackout holiday) in order to keep staff. Going home at the end of the wasn't even a respite, because you still have to go back to florescent lights and soulless "welcome to Walmarts"
overall it was nice to work. management was strict but nice to with. they always tried to understand their employees and tried to solve their problems.
While this company gets a bad rap, it is not warranted. If you have a strong work ethic and are reliable you can easily advance to management within 2 years. Managers get paid extremely well for what they do. Yes, you have to be comfortable with the usual corporate stuff but that is a fact for most jobs. Opportunities abound for those seeking more than a mundane existence but equally great for someone who just wants a job. Very fair and appreciative employer.
I worked at Walmart more than 5 years. staffs were friendly. flexible working hours. good management. Salary is little unfair. I learned good customer service skill.
Its a nice job to do on the sidelines but the whole application process for the job is really long, and in the meantime you are left hanging. a typical day was ok.
The coworkers were awesome, the training was okay. Sometimes it was hard to get a shift covered or take time off if needed. Good starting out place to work tho
At the walmart I worked at, management did not know how to handle or treat majority of staff with integrity and fairly. This issue mainly stemmed from the store manager leading with very poor examples.
The job overall was good, just got a little much for me towards the end as they were short staffed. the job security is good there as they always need people to do the job
a lack of basic communication between management staff often lead to have to do things repeatedly or undo things we had previously done. not a great job but it pays the bills.
It is nice experience to work at Walmart. Because through this job I learned how to face customer with their problems, how to complete day to day assigned task including helping customer when they need help from employees like me.
Management was terrible. Communication was even worse. Always willing to work against their employees (ie; one employee would prefer days , one would prefer evenings managers would constantly put you on what you didn’t want so you’d have to switch your shifts around.)
Long hours overnights Insane expectations Lazy management Must work if sick Very little perks for better positions Tiny lunch area shared with hundreds of employees, no safe spots for belongings
it all depends on what store you work at , worked in 4 different stores and last one i worked at was the hardest , store manager threaten her management team and made it hard to work for the company
Had a good time serving/getting to know the clients who came to the pharmacy department. Never a quiet moment as there was always something to do such as stocking shelves and general tidying.
This is a company that you may not want to dedicate a lot of your working life to. In this day and information superhighway age do your research and talk to people about this, and any other company you consider. Even the best laid plans can and do go awry. Stay vigilant and informed my Friends
Pros
A paycheque
Cons
Many
Excellent place to work. I enjoyed greeting and talking to the customers. Checking receipts for electronics was enjoyable. Working indoors was good when it was raining outside
Have a plan to move on and improve yourself. it gets stressful especially when managers don't pay attention or think about the wellbeing of staff......
Pros
Flexible shifts; great co-workers
Cons
Needs better management; low wages
Great for someone retired or a student. Flexible schedules. Very supportive and lots of growth opportunity. Some management is no good but for the most part, they are all very pleasant and encouraging.
Pros
Flexible hours.
Cons
Minimum wage.
is a great workplace to work, And you have to invest time inorder to learn new skills about your job. The work place have great customers and you have to be willing to serve them.Not so much room for advancement.In my position fitness is very important in this position of sales floor customer experience/ Cashier. You also have to be a very happy person to excel for you dealings with customers day in day out.Personally l enjoy my job here as of the difficulty of the job it's sales,can you sell if not ,Thats the difficult because if you deal with customers it could be answering simple questions and then seal the sale and this encompasses knowledge of product , location and store policy on every dealing level.Execution is very important how well you know your brands, can you process a register and seal with a smile simple things we take for granted. There is a lot more to be learned beside what l have written about.
Pros
flexability
Cons
less hours, No fulltime granted
When I started working to this company, it was fun place to work for, however, over the years, different managers it got change the work environment. At one point it was fun.