Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Kamloops, BC

Easy to handle most of the work. Teamwork is important here. Even fast-paced work environment does not make it feel like it's overwhelming. Break time is a huge plus point.
no happy people no happy workers make the store looks so dull and bad no body wants to work there. depends on which department you work you will be called out for help at the front
Worst company. Poor management. Minimum wage. No any other benefits. It's better to work for restaurants.. waste of time to work at Walmart. You won't learn anything..
They have Barbecues from to time of sometime bring in donuts coffee from tim hortons and pizza time to time. and get the stakeholders check in every April.
My experience at Walmart was awesome. My boss and I got along great which help me get awesome pay increases. If your willing they will train you in what ever area you wish.
I suffer from multiple chronic illnesses and at the time I was in and out of the Hospital, due to this they let me go. Even though, I always called in to give notice of any absence.
Management was far better than expected from walmart. Pay sucked but can't expect anything else. Good advancement oppurtuntity and good work experience
I loved working there even though it was only seasonal. I would love to work there again I keep sending in my resume but no responses back yet maybe because I can't remember the store number they want on your job application to send them..The co-workers and managers were a fun bunch of people to work with.The customers were very patient when you had to go and find the item they wanted if you couldn't get someone else to find it when you use the speaker system.
A lot of customer complaints to handle also running around to check for prices. Managing cashier and helping smooth handling of all due diligence is hard comparing the wages paid.
very busy environment. it is physically demanding at times. have a wide variety of customers and co workers. management is willing to work with staff to accommodate if a family emergency happens.
Everyday is good to work over there as everybody in the store is very supportive and all the co-workers are friendly. it feels great to have known so many people at the workplace including customers.
Probably one of the worst jobs I’ve ever had. The management was mediocre and the new produce staff were lackadaisical. My immediate supervisor was unfit for her role simply because she had no idea what she was doing and had super unrealistic expectations of everyone. There’s absolutely no room for advancements and favoritism runs rampant. My suggestion would be only take this job if you’re fresh out of High school and are looking for work.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Everything else you can imagine
I appreciated the people there and what they did for the people, but the management had little to no idea what needed to be done on the day to day. A lot of easily avoidable mistakes with regards to overall resource management, as well as allocation made it harder then it should have been to conduct day to day operations- with many stalls, controllable and uncontrollable.
Pros
Fun co-workers
Cons
Dislike-able upper management
When you work at walmart the company wants you to give them 100% of your time so they want you to work only for them and no other jobs. Walmart offers a share holds check every year.
Pros
free food for parties
Cons
not always full time hours.
It was a fun place to be, but the management was a little bit incoherent towards employees, the hardest part of the job was the strain the work had on your back if not lifting boxes properly. On the other hand the most enjoyable part of the job was the climate of the workplace.
Pros
Occasional free food
Cons
shortage of employees
All was cooperative. I did really enjoyed the work over there. HR always give snacks and some more stuff for eat on every festival. moreover, all employees do fun in free time.
Its fine as a job but I feel bad for people who are stuck working for them. The company doesn't care about its employees and it shows. It's a multi billion dollar company but can't afford to replace broken machinery?
I really enjoy working with this company and I was lucky to have a good supervisor. Management makes sure that the working environment is good for us all.
Pros
Good break times
Cons
Low pay
Flexibility in availability of hours . Friendly-management backed by positive work culture. Great customer service provided in relation to customer queries.
flexibility, work life balance, opportunities, friendly staff, good wages, trade of shifts, fun, extra shifts, good summer job opportunities, smooth hiring process
It's grunt work. Management is inconsistent due to the number of people you'll answer to, but it's not so bad. Lots of different people to get to know.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
inconsistent management