Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Huntsville, ON

It is repetitive work. long hours standing on your feet. make sure you do get your breaks. management isnt the best though, they will go out of their way to promote others from under you.
Management does not communicate with each other about the needs of associates. Open door policy leads to having it used against you. Favoritism is high. Feels like going to High school all over again with all the drama going on. Mental health and physical ailments are seen as a burden. Poor theft prevention. Lack of general humanity from management. Can talk to co-workers about anything and everything but god forbid management finds out.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Management is not very friendly, the scheduling of shifts is very hard to work, even when expressed to management was told they didnt have time to double check the schedule. Out of all the management only 5 are approachable and actually smile, most are very rude and grumpy to employees and customers.
I would love to get back to work at what i do best and a place that feels like home. But i had to move for better choices for my family. They hours were great I made some good work relationships and the training staff was very helpful.
Friendly polite people to work for, only issue was scheduling was odd, I asked as an older part time worker to spread my shifts out as it was a heavy job (putting produce/meat orders away) but I would end up working 4 to 5 full shifts in a row and the heavy lifting was left for me to do.
Pros
Friendly, polite, friendly management
Cons
Scheduling, average pay
Showing respect to employees, assist with extra training. It's a team company. Ensure you have all tools are provided to help you complete your role in the company.
Pros
tea company
Cons
wouldn't accomodate with my disability
overall work experience was great, could definitely improve on under staffing the stores and picking managers wiser. alot happens under the noses of the people in charge. i just wish they were smart enough to realize it.
The company used to be about making their associates and families happy and feel included but now it seems less care of associates and their families more about the money.
Pros
Benefits, stocks, shares
Cons
Terrible hours, want you to work more with less people, poor management
I really enjoyed working at this job, it was a very nice balance of working with people and making sure that everything was neat and organized. This is a very nice company to work for as they make sure all of your needs are taken care of.
Would recommend to anyone, overall a good company to work for Busy , very stressful environment to be in, nevertheless I have factistic time working for this company
Working at Walmart was great. The hours were awesome but it was hard to plan around them. Most employees are friendly to one another and can answer most of your questions if needed. The hardest part of the job was to keep an efficient work pace but also interact with the customers at the same time.
If I could have Monday to Friday 7-3 pm it would be perfect I just don't like the scattered hours. I went from being a busy cashier to a bored associate on the floor. They are pretty good at giving us 3 weeks notice for schedule.
Pros
People I work with are awesome for the most part
Cons
Dislike scatter brained hours, no rhyme, reason or pattern
Friendly people, learned how to handle a busy day. I learned how to stock shelves and hang up clothes, etc.
Enjoyable atmosphere, customers were pleasant and I got along very well with co-workers
A typical day included unloading a truck ,with team members. Doing pics and delivering the skids to the correct locations in the store.The most enjoyable part of the job was the working with co-workers and completing the task at hand.
I liked it at Walmart the people were great and very easy going