Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Hinton, AB

the people at my Walmart gossip about everything that they can think of and the management encourages it even though it is against Walmart company policy. the management also encourages teams to fight and argue with each other
Pros
long lunch breaks
Cons
lots of gossip
Worked here during high school and the summer between 1st and 2nd year college. Manager more concerned with making a buck than taking care of employees. Not a great experience, but taught me what I did and didn't want in a job going forward.
Starting out, I was a cashier, not wanting to keep my job.Slowly I started to work around and advance throughout the company, working as a CSM, OTC Manager and ending up as a Support Manager on nightshift.Though I was working towards Assistant Manager, inline with a promotion from the district manager. I ended up parting ways for a continuing education course.
Great place to work. good career advancement and good values and beliefs. Products are always good. fun atmosphere. Always learning new ways to better yourself and taught me alot about the retail industry. Walmart goes above and beyond for employees and the customer. Contributes to the world at making it a better place to live. green.
Great place to make friends.. Lack of training for associates. There is some advancement opportunities, but not to far up in business. All about work. Not very accommodating for family .
Overall i was pleased with the company , but found some of their views [ the pot calling the kettle black ] One of the best things about the job was that there was not any breathing down your neck an you were able to get your job done Finally it was a comfortable place to work an chances for advancement were quick [ i went from truck unloader to ove rnite mgr in 4ys
Pros
great benfit program great chances to advance
Cons
to much politics
As a company they are not very willing to work with employees. Management comes and goes. New changes weekly. Never any consitancy between management and staff. Wages are lacking for the amount of work was required. Work hours always flucuated.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
wages and hours lacking
if Walmart would pay there reg employees better they would have better workers that stay longer. also if they were trained better customers would be happer
Pros
discount card
program driven workplace with emphasis placed on achieving financial targets while satisfying all customer needs. In a small town this is especially rewarding as you are very involved in the community as well.
Pros
very busy days
Cons
can be difficult to attract and retain associates
great benefits if your fulltime, company doesn't respect there employees, hours are great. wages could be higher. they are able to teach you lots of retail, you watch modules about the company and how it started.
benefits
Cons
wages
I love my job here in general but its all the unneccasary stuff we have to deal with that is what gives a rating of 3 stars overall. The area I am in is perfect for me,I'm knowledgeable in the products I sell. I feel as though management doesn't truly listen to our concerns, as me and my co workers in my department have been pleading to have proper coverage on closing shifts and nothing has been done about it. We have requested equipment that does not interfere with productivity but that also hasn't changed. Everyone who works part time or full time will agree we dont get paid enough to consider the job a career and I personally haven't seen oppurtunities to advance this job into a career. However aside all the negativity I love the people i work with and the work, sometimes tedious is great for someone looking for a part time/full time starter job.
Pros
Great staff, fair amount of breaks, good for stsrting out
Cons
Management doesn't adress concerns, not much for advancement.
An improvement can be done in communication between manager and supervisor better, especially when it comes to giving shifts to employees working day shifts and evening shifts. Display's set up for holidays should be done at an APPROPRIATE time, basically stop putting them out early, customers have complained about this.
Pros
breaks and lunches
Cons
long hours, better communication with giving shifts
open store at 6 am ,morning meeting after meeting with night crew , focus on day ,what we need to accomplish ,payroll,interviews,walk about MOD set ups ,Promos and Flyer review know where all in store ... Review all staff arrived in uniform ,Fast Fresh Friendly service, Lead by example ,Effective communicator, Operation meeting ,grass roots meeting ,address any customer concerns , Fun work environment,
getting change dealing with customer complaints how to deal with customers management was good but charged often