Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Hawkesbury, ON

I worked in the freezer I was cold and too small for the store. I was helpful and nice with my supervisors and they appreciate the way I encourage my job
Pros
store discounts for asociates
Cons
Too early shift
Respecting all individuals, good management, customer oriented, schedule 3 week in advance. Reliable employer, good resources and benefits for all interested
Truly racist management & staff, no job security, always stressful environment being shuffled between department. Unclean work place, boxes everywhere, rude & arrogant management to say the least.
Arrogant management, started working over 40 hours per week than reduced to 16 flexible hours per week not allowing me to find another job. Always moving from one department to another.
Its steady. Made some friends. Good workplace culture. Team environment. Physical. Overall a positive experience for what it was. Nothing crazy fun but never boring.
What do you really expect going in. It's a job like any other. Depending on the store you get what you get. Some managers are very nice while others have no idea what they're doing while employees have no idea why they're managers.
always on the go, worked cash, customer service, and department manager. doing reports for inventory keeping sales floor stocked. ive learned how to control my emotions when dealing with angry customers, learned to use the computer programs, and much more. hardest part of the job is dealing with customers that are frustrated with a situation. the best part is working with the public and my coworkers
Pros
10%discount
Cons
always short staffed
review back room for stock, most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with a diverse group of customers and associates. doing a job from start to finish and see the progress,
Walmart does a lot of fund raising for charities which is wonderful. I enjoyed having a set shift of 7am-3:30pm. The hardest part of the job was getting others to do the work properly and follow through on voids, credit card payments and properly counting down drawers and coms at night. I really enjoyed most all the employees that I worked with. Wished I didn't lose all the sick time I had accrued from never calling in sick.
Pros
schedule 7am-3:30pm
Cons
low salary for position
I like to work for this campagny because they give more hours and is a workplace culture , the organisation and I learn more things from the compagny.
On a typical work day I would be stocking shelves with new merchandise, Wal-Mart was a decent place to work. I left after I sustained an injury to my back which certain people did not take into consideration, this was the only reason I did not stay. It was enjoyable to work hard and in a fast paced environment. Although the toughest parts was working on little to no sleep even so the job had to get done. The management was sub-par as they did not take into account of my well being.
Pros
Fast Paced, Good Wage, Fun Environment
Cons
Bad Management
A typical day at work is, you come at 5 a.m., unload your produce from the pallet, stack it on its proper pallet, bring the produce in front. The hardest part of the job was when you ran out of some produce and have to go get it in the fridge. (Small fridge's)
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Short on staff
beaucoup de changement inutile et de pression sans fondement exige l'impossible aux employez. Beaucoup de favoritisme.
Unfortunately the position I have does not allow for a equal work/life balance. The salary for the amount of work you are expected to do is not sufficient. There is great job security and there are always opportunity for advancement.
Working at Walmart was a great experience. The staff is very hard working and overall and good team spirit. I learned that hard work pays off in a team environment, it is self satisfying and when your teams is part of this, you can't get better. The hardest part of the job was that the schedules tend to change but overall, I think management worked with each of us to ensure a balance was achieved with respect to getting the job done but also a respect for us as individuals. The most enjoyable part of the job was that we had a respect for one another which really created a happy work environment. It was nice to go to work each day.
Pros
respect for employees, lunch and beak facilities
-As a whole we raised several thousands of dollars for various local charities and families in need. -finalized daily payroll by 9am, weekly budget were completed 8 hrs before deadline -be proffessional at all times to every associate, when they had personal issues, guide them to various agencies for personal help. -analysis reports for managent team and send feedback to district office -hardest part of my job was keeping a straight face when I knew management was going to fire an associate - most enjoyable part of my day was when someone said thank you or took time out to drop by my office to say good morning.
benefits
Cons
long drive to work 126 kms each way... but I loved my job...
Typical big box culture. Pay less and work hard. AKA- A glamourized sweat shop.No one can live on this salary. They can merely survive at best. Managers are mere puppets held by strings from higher up: mostly uneducated and lack people skills (poor communication). Promotions are sometimes given to the best brown-nosers. The real hard workers are slammed. The slackers overlooked. By far the worst job I've ever had. Family life is non existant to say the least! Never again and would never recommend it!
Pros
Cons
too many to list.
good working experience made a lot of new friends, lots of fun while working most enjoyable part of the job is getting to meet new people and having fun with friends hardest part of the job is having to find something to do some mangers were OK but most weren't very good
Pros
making new friends
Cons
dealing with hard headed customers
start at 11 pm and stalk shelves all night then when stocking is done we zone and make the store nice for customers in morning
Pros
full time with benifets
Cons
management sucks