Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Hanover, ON

You get consistent hours, lots of shifts, lots of opportunities, most employees are friendly and caring. Unfortunately, not paid that well (especially during covid), co-workers start drama and try to get you in trouble, management is ok but they don't really seem to care about their employees, forget your breaks sometimes, can sometimes overbook you in.
Pros
Consistent hours/lots of shifts/hours
Cons
Management doesn't really care
Management has no respect for their workers, coworker told they had a bad attitude for not working through break. They have no concern for safety of others as our walmart hasn't enforced the mask policy that they are supposed to. Poor pay and they expect you to break your back for them.
Cons
Incompetent managers
The job is straight forward. Lots of training. If you are not a problem solver, lazy or dont think for yourself then I wouldn't recommend working for a walmart. You have to know your job and do it properly. No one micro manages you. The breaks are long enough and if you actually work then you'll get good hours.
It's a good place to work. Face paced environment. As long as you do your job to the best of your ability you will enjoy it there. Do your job get your pay and go home. Never forget the customer is who you show up for. They are the only thing that is important.
Hanover Walmart Supercentre is a fun and friendly store. Great atmosphere, busy and time flies! I found the managers to be supportive, knowledgeable, motivating and up beat.
I found the majority of the staff very unfriendly.i did learn to be a cashier which was something totally new for me. My csms were awesome. The hardest part was dealing with cranky customers with no patience. Also a manager with very unfair buisiness practices. Nobody should have to put up with that nonsense. My boss was great, he was very understanding and helpful., also very friendly.
Pros
The friendly customers
Cons
The unfreindly customers no support from management or staff
To much work for one person to complete in a day. No thank you’s or moral boosting efforts made. Flexible for holidays and sick days. Good people horrible and I mean horrible management.
Pros
Discount card, time off
Cons
Poor Management, no support, no staff
-I would typically work in the backroom, unloading and loading trucks. I also stocked shelves with merchandise and placed displays. -I learned how to interact with customers with a friendly and helpful manner. -I dealt with my supervisor and manager who were both professional individuals. -I found it hard to complete the tasks needed within my work hours on some occasions. -I enjoyed my co-workers and the physical aspect of the job.
Walmart was a great place to work, I highly enjoyed it and had fun with everyone I worked with! However I had to leave because the hours were not what I was looking for.
Working at Walmart truly is a blast, you get your work done but you also get to connect with the people you're working with really well, making you never want to leave.
Pros
Amazing staff.
Cons
Sometimes long hours
I had the opportunity to work with great people and learn a completely new role as Claims Processor. Attention to detail and an appreciation for a large scale company and its employees.
It was a great job for a little while, I was excited for it in the beginning but the "honeymoon phase" wore off quickly and I became so against working there that my willpower to work and make it fun and engaging went downhill.
Pros
Discount Card
Cons
Short Lunches, Rude Workers and Customers, not safe or sanitary.
Good place to work. Learned a lot. Management was ok. Pay was fairly good for a part time student. Tbh I have never worked at any other company so I wouldn't know how to compare.
Pros
Discount card
Cons
No Benefits
It was the kind of place where you basically fend for yourself. Management wasn't very organized. However, they were flexible. I just wished the management team was more involved.
Pros
Lots of breaks!
Cons
Not very good management
i learned that having a positive attitude towards everyone made myself have a better day. the hardest part of the day is when i found that people would get upset with me because they had a bad day and took it out on me.
Pros
friendly employees
Cons
the staff at walmart were great, the management have no communication. too many people trying to run it different ways. I loved working in the lab and on the floor. I am a people person who is good with people. by the time I left the photo lab I was pretty much running it.
Pros
staff were great
Cons
bad managment
Working at a small store was one of the best things ever. The people and the environment was great. Would have went back in a heart beat
Pros
Decent wages
Cons
Management had flaws
I am enjoying working at Walmart. The management team is very helpful, always around when needed and a positive group to be looked up to. I like working with all the different cashiers and every day I learn something new. Its also gratify to know that you are doing a good job and people are happy to come through your till.
I needed to move up my title, the only way I could do that was to move. I wasn't ready or able to move at the time.
I enjoyed the job itself, but I couldn't get used to working nights.
Pros
it was simple work
Cons
it was overnights
I loved working in Walmart. They were always so nice to work for.
Pros
i worked in the accounting office
Cons
i worked alone