Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Hamilton, ON

While working there. I've seen alot of people come and go. Some people at the time got fired for ridiculous reasons while others were treated somewhat poorly and pushed out the door. Advancement was slim unless you played the suck up, to be honest. I wanted to be trained in more departments but was never allowed to
Pros
Profit sharing: If your there over a year
Cons
Management all over the place
It is a wonderful place to start your career in retail business. One thing about Walmart is it lets you grow with your potential, it has lot of opportunities to move forward in many different departments.
Pros
Walmart discount
Cons
Stressful
They make it sound like its all about family. This couldnt be farther than the truth. They bully people back to work if they get hurt. Pay is an insult for the responsibilities.
Cons
Working here has been very interesting. Walmart's culture is very accomodating and friendly. The managers are super cool . They don't only appreciate your work, they also assist you. It's sometimes difficult to distinguish who the managers are because they all working and doing the jobs of the associates. The associates are friendly and very polite too.
Pros
Work culture is great. Responsive management and associates
Cons
Salary is fair but they can do better.
Great place to work at Really well organized Fast paced work All workers are friendly to work with also it’s a great company. Just stay focused on your work and it will be really easy for you also you will enjoy working there so I strongly recommend you to work there.
Just bad...understaffed always... expecting one person to do the work of two or three. Even if they are less abled than other workers. A shame really.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Managers
department was under staffed and when i tried to reduce my hours because of school and other personal issues i was denied. in the year i worked there, there were 4 different managers. the last manager i had was great and very understanding of my situation.
People that work there are friendly. The supervisors are nice and take your break and lunch on time. I've learned customer service and self check out while I was working as a cashier.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Long hours standing
I worked at Walmart full-time Pros -fun -nice people -good management -many opportunities -work is fun Cons -none -nada -zilch -nothing -nope -not even one little thing
Walmart have a very friendly atmosphere to Work. Sometimes it gets fast but otherwise it is very comfortable for an individual to pursue future at Walmart. Immense Career opportunities helps individuals grow rapidly.
This company is very good for employees. The employee is always up to date on celebrating milestones and they have great fundraising efforts for employees and neighbourhood customer monetary donations. There is great teamwork and yes there ate certain times when it is fast paced busy . Employees always receive there breaks on time. ..
Working here was for the most part stressful when working longer hours than sometimes even the management did. Did not receive yearly review when I was supposed to and lack of communication between employees and management in general. For the most part, it was easy to learn the basics of being a cashier and majority of the management was quite friendly.
Walmart is a highly faced place area. The mangement helped alot. At times works hours were difficult and were hard on me too. But withh the help of colleagues I was able to copee up with them
With communication skills and past cash handling experience, and with my understanding for the values you try to follow here at Walmart, I am sure I can be a great customer assistant. I had the same job in the past, and I felt good doing it. My colleagues and superiors were satisfied with my work. I have no reason to doubt my ability to become a great assistant manager here at Walmart.
one of the best place to start working. hundred of customers evryday practical learning is enhanced . discounts for employees. to much money made 12k working ther
The tasks are easy, the team is well balanced. That said, due to sick calls, sometimes there are just one or two employees on the fashion salesfloor. Management is helpful and intuitive. Great first job or part-time.
This Review is based on a University Student who worked at Walmart Part Time during Summer and into the Fall Term. - Slightly above minimum wage. - Room for growth. - The biggest issue at Walmart is the management. - Bad timetables. - Unproportional number of associates to workload. - Occasional rude, condescending customers however the mast majority are actually fairly nice people. - Generally pleasant co-workers. - Learned nothing, just shelved items. - Most enjoyable part of the day was the paid 15 minute breaks.
No hours for competitive pay No management looking over employees Customers rude and obnoxious Management threatens you for your position if you call in sick to the store when the system call in doesn’t work
Pros
Do whatever you want
Cons
Goodluck
The hours are endless as assistant manager at Walmart. The salary is good however there is no overtime and the additional hours you have to work his ridiculous and never get those hours back either in time or in pay. Most managers treat the associates terribly because they are under so much stress. Store managers are way too dispensable at Walmart. Our store went through four different store managers in the first year I worked as assistant manager. Two of them were fired the other two are simply moved to other stores or demoted. I think the worst thing though is that managers are intimidated and even afraid of their area director. It's a terrible chain reaction that trickles right from the top. The hours are not only long but terrible, working many weekends and always short-staffed. I thought I could make a difference but I was just one small fish in a very large ocean.
Pros
Walmart discount card
Cons
Long unpaid hours as a manager, no feeling of real job security as all assistant managers, co-managers, and store managers are fearful of losing their job.
Good workplace, I learned to deal with many different types of people. It was difficult when people did not work the same amount or as hard. The hardest part was making sure everyone was doing their share of the work.
Walmart is a nice place to work. People were really helpful and if you have high goals for yourself there are various opportunities to grow within the company.