Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Halifax, NS

Good management Good workers to work with Fairly hourly wage Relaxed work environment Good team Good managers Good company with great potential Good experience
Hardwork cultureFast paced environmentRecovery from customer service desk Zooing the aisle Helping customers like finding a product for him/ herLong hours shifts Cash handling
Pros
Halloween treats
Cons
Long hours shifts
Working in a big company is always an experience. I am lucky to start my career with Walmart. I learnt a lot of things being a part of this experience.
Lots of systems in place to help employees at every level. Learning available through online courses all the time. Good communication and tools for sharing messages across the board.
Learned how to handle angry customer Learned to handle difficult and busy situation Friendly employees great management learned to working in a new culture
The people are nice, management is strong and I would recommend working at Walmart to anyone who is looking for a job that they can learn from, problem solving and customer experience are two big things you learn really fast at Walmart and also working as a team. I’ve recommended Walmart to two of my friends and now they work there with me and it’s great.
Local management was great. I wasn't paid nearly enough for the level of work they had me doing. Tire technician is not something everyone can do. Not to mention I was the only tech for a while.
The job was what you would expect unload a truck and separate into departments, then work the stock to the shelves while assisting customers. It is a physically active job that doesn't pay enough for the labour and they only seemed to have hours around back to school time.
I enjoyed working here, but the pay is not good. there is room for advancement. you will get 30 cents per hour raise, each year !!! that s not worth the effort!!!
As with any large company you feel like a number more than a person. As long as you can keep focused on the task at hand you should make it through the day without any problems(including a pat on the back for a good days work)
The Mgrs honestly need some training In Leadership and being professional. They do not handle situtations well and do not take employees seriously. I liked the vacation time.
Pros
vacation and sick pay
Cons
poor mgrs
It has almost been a year for me at Walmart and I enjoyed every moment of working there. My managers were super nice and always supportive and caring. Co-workers were always supportive and they always had a smile on their faces from the time when I started working to this day. I get enough hours and managers are alwyas responsive and supportive when I ask for time off due to academic or personal reasons. The pay is really good. Would definitely recommend working here.
Pros
Free snacks on Fridays.
Cons
Some customers might frustrate you.
The worst job I have ever done. Work condition is dirty, customer's cars are beyond filthy, Management is absurd and slow. They keep changing the schedule whenever they want. They think technician is expendable and replaceable. They just don't care. The wage is extremely low which is as same as greeters in front of the door. Just walk away is the best advice I can give.
Pros
Cons
Countless
Enjoyed 5 great years, only left to pursue other interests. The company actively participates in local and national charities. This is genuinely a company that gives back to its communities
It was a great position with flexible hours. Management was easy to get along with and very friendly. Learned a lot from talking to customers and had good product knowledge. The most enjoyable part of the job was constantly being active and walking around the store to help customers.
Pros
Fun Job
Cons
Low Pay
During a typical work day I receive glasses and check the prescriptions and insure they arrived correctly. Check in patients and serve them as they finish their eye exams.
Setting up for work, having our nightly meeting, Unfortunately overnight work is not for everyone. Learned Walmart Policies, how to co-ordinate with management on workplace strategies. Hardest part is keeping pace with the young co-workers, always satisfying on a job well done.
Great work environment and lots of great people working there. Managers can range from greatly involved to being barely there. They keep pretty much anybody they can hire even if that person isn't particularly productive or good at their job. They will schedule you for ten days in a row if they can. If they were more willing to discipline people that need it the store would greatly improve. Many people there in vital roles in the store are simply just collecting a paycheck
wonderful company to work with was not hard did mostly cashier work i didn't like working nights of different start times like working with customers liked using different forms of payment for sells and the manager meetings were awesome would be great to work in the company again like the idea for getting discount like dealing with merchandise had a lunch room usually got break every 2 hours
I worked over nights so their was no working with costumers just going to work putting out freight . working with minimal supervision. unloading truck.
Pros
getting a pay check
Cons
being too tried to have a life with my wife which ended
The management didn't listen to or accommodate my needs well at all. They did not follow my availability which caused me overwhelming stress. Scheduling is a major issue at this particular location and while I am thankful they took the chance on me having no experience and gave me the opportunity to gather some experience in this field, the scheduling is still an issue. I don't think Walmart is the right fit for me anymore.