Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Greenwood, NS

Constant stresses over morning rush. Co-workers berating me over my choice of decisions, nosy co-workers, manager was intimidating. Worked 5 days a week 3am to 12pm, Was not ideal for a 19 year old. Felt suicidal.
Great place to work but I got cut way back on hours. Down to 9 hours in 3 weeks. Management is really friendly and a great work environment. Would definitely recommend people towthere
good place to be. pay not so great. hope to stay few more years untill retirement. best environment i ever worked in and am glad to be there. co-workers for the most part are awsome
Pros
great people to work with, mostly. Only been there a year but very comfortable atmosphere.
Cons
Hourly pay is low. Winter decrease in hours is not fun either
I had some problems, they were not respectful of their workers. I really enjoyed the work I did and the people I associated with each day but the way I was treated from the staff was not healthy.
Learned the gun scanner inventory and modulars, some good skills there. Management was inconsistant as there was no Fashion manager for a while. Staff was fun and friendly. I enjoyed keeping busy. Not possible to live off minimum wage PT, and hours were all over the place.
They lie to staff and tell them what they want to hear. They lack leadership, they back stab one another. Hours are not good or guaranteed. Always under staff. Very minimal training. Takes a long time to get responses with issues, for example merit raises - they have the means to provide an increase in pay when you go above and beyond, but they prefer to give you a pin for your vest. No one is supposed to know about merit raises, it's a secret. Or issues with management, it's we are dealing with it, but nothing ever gets done. Annual performance reviews - they say $0.30 is the max, however, it's not true. You really need to read policy and procedures to know your rights and entitlements. Profit share is a joke - the max is $2600 sounds like a lot; however, you'll never see it, because it's not solely based on the profit Walmart makes, it's based on raising money for charities ( which Walmart gets the tax break not the employees, which most of the money comes from the employees), getting people to obtain a Walmart MasterCard, survey results from customers, just to name a few. The bit of money you get could easily be MORE hours throughout the year. HOW DO YOU JUSTIFY BEING ABLE TO SURVIVE ON 0 hours to up to 28 hours for part time and 28 to 37.5 hours for full time to support yourself or family to maybe getting the max which has not happened. Over past 5 years $400+ to highest $1550. No benefit, more consistent hours. The only ones that benefit from it, is Management, they get a lot more for profit share on top of their salaries. High stress levels - more...
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Lack of training, poor mgmt, short staff, mgmt lies/don't trust them
Longest and most stressful years of my life were spent at Walmart. They work you to death with no one to help. Extremely short staffed. Promises of advancement that never happen. Management too concerned with "coaching" everyone instead of giving helpful feedback that could improve employees.
Cons
If I could give this place half a star I would. Management is absolutely horrible. If you have an issue with a co-worker and have a " open door talk" with management, they hold it against you, and start treating you worse
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
It was a good place to work just not enough hours . It was fast paced , and the people were good to work with. Being a cashier I did not like standing in one spot for too long . I would have much rather being on the go more.
it was a good first job and i enjoyed working there and meeting new people but management could be iffy and some people could not work and still keep their job
Not sure about other Walmart stores, but the one in Greenwood at least is one of the worst, for working at and at one point, shopping at. Let me start with the fact that the AC in the building was not working, at all. It was alright during winter, but during the summer it was terrible, with customers and staff alike feeling faint and nauseous. Walmart apparently refused to fix it saying it was someone else responsibility while they said it was Walmart's. Meanwhile Walmart did nothing, though it did get fixed, but not for a long time. Moving on from there, the management repeatedly dropped the ball, conflicted scheduling from different trainers, paperwork they never got me to sign that I was apparently supposed to and even what seems to be a big chunk of training they just never got around to giving me while I was there. While there some of managers were nice, but most just weren't. A large number are rude and uncaring and don't even communicate well with each other. When another manger got on my case about BB guns not being in the cabinet where there just wasn't room for them and showed no understanding of the department it was concerning to say the least. Harsh, strict and some EXTREMELY rude managers that don't care for their staff in the slightest kills it. Speed requirement is extremely high as well. If you can, I would try other places, if not...well, you never know, it doesn't work for most, but it just might for you. Just be careful, if they tell you they are gonna be letting you go they seem to lose all interest in your well being.
Pros
Nice, polite and friendly co-workers
Cons
Literally everything except the co-workers
I loved my job at Walmart. I got lots of hours and the people and management were awesome to work with. Very friendly environment.
Pros
Lots of hours, friendly staff and managers
Cons
Wish I got paid a little more but other then that awesome job