Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Greater Sudbury, ON

Lots of friendly faces and friends to be made. Had a good time getting to know my coworkers and becoming part of the team of hardworking individuals at Walmart.
They are very accommodating there. If you have an issue you'll more than likely find people who are understanding and want to go out of there way to help.
No one in management in considerate. Coworkers were nice though. They didn't care about my disability and did not consider any personal matters. They were not understanding.
Do recover get told I will be in electronics because they don't have any body else. I'm usally alone in electronics when its busy, customer get mad. I have learned nothing that I went to school for.
Too much work for shift time. Fast paced to manage work load. Over whelmed with work load. Double hand work to get main job done. Don't get time for breaks.
Pros
Clean work.
Cons
Stressfull.
very buzy....lot of pressure to complete tasks. What used to be a good company to work for has changed over the years, to a robotic, cold enviornment with very little job satisfaction.
I was totally pleased n satisfied with the Management. My team always helped in motivating me during work schedules. I was highly satisfied with my overall work experience.
The associates at Walmart enjoy their jobs and do it to the best of their abilities. The management is poorly trained, most lack integrity and common communication skills. The lack of understanding and empathy makes for very stressful work experience. So why would I recommend this company to a friend? Simple, work culture.
The associates are stressed and get minimal hours if you are pert time. Associates looking for more hours and are being told there isn't more hours.They hire more associates than they need
The management team of Walmart is great. They explain each and everything in full detail that how to tackle different situation. Workplace culture of Walmart is help others.
Second time Ive worked for the company and both times are incredible. Management and fellow staff are super friendly and easy to get along with. Amazing management.
Walmart is a good place work but need to do more on salary. The environment is a good place to work with friendly management team and cooperative coworkers.
Pros
Friendly management
Cons
Low salary
I worked there for one year and my mental health went downhill and I tried explaining that I couldn’t make it in too work because my mental health was acting up and I couldn’t show up to work because I was scared to leave my house because of my anxiety
Pros
Boss
Cons
Employees
Walmart is crazy and busy. The customers can be rude, some are nice, most are crazy. The workers are nice, the management could give employees more help and attention
I worked in the men's department and then transferred to Cashier position. This enabled me to fully have knowledge of a cashier position and in a specific department where i can apply both of my work ethics.
Cons
Great company to work for. Learned essential day to day tasks. Working with the public helped me grow as an individual! Walmart was great for giving back to their community.
Great experience working in Walmart and very friendly atmosphere to work in. Also the schedules were also in alignment with school time tables. Other additional benefits like Walmart discount card, health insurance card etc were also provided.
Great Job Work/Life Balance, Salary/Benefits, Job Security/Advancement, Management and Job Culture.
Wal-Mart is an okay place to work. Usually decent wages, fun colleagues, and flexible work schedule that allowed us to work other jobs or go to school.
your a number, your expected to do what they tell you to do and anything else they want, what I learned was to take garbage. the management team well there in it for there paycheck and sit in the office most days sipping there coffee or out in mcdonalds, the culture well dont get me started, most enjoyable part of the job was my paycheck and going home, BUT IT WAS A JOB!!
Walmart is a place that makes you feel welcome at first, they management is a disaster, they make you feel low when you ask a question concerning your job. They are supposed to post all openings for advancement, however if they have a favourite, they ignore applicants and out that person in the position. The people that work there themselves are great people and are frustrated. Underpaid for all the work and care they put into their work. They are heavily understaffed and have timed work, if you are stocking they will tell you it takes 1.3 hours, the problem is while stocking they expect you to help customers and clean up the area. The 1.3 hours can quickly become 2-3. I would say they have benefits, which is great, but the overall stress and lack of appreciation is one of the many reasons why I would not suggest Walmart as employment.
Pros
The people you will meet, benefits and 10% discount.
Cons
Management, bad decision making, underpaid, over expectations
  1. Greater Sudbury, ON