Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Greater Napanee, ON

I really enjoy my job at Walmart. The other associates are great to work with and we work as a team. The balance between work and social life is what you make it.
Keep on employees that are freeloading off the company.. over work the ones they can.over all not my favorite Job some aspects are nice but there is much room for improvement
It's kind of hard to leave a review of how I normally operate because it changes day to day and depending on which Team Leads are working with me at the time. I work part-time in the Dairy/Frozen section and I've been there for just under a year. For students like myself, the hours are extremely flexible and I don't feel obligated to increase my availability because it has stayed the same for my whole career. Because I have to come home from school, I usually work closing shifts on the weekdays (anything goes on the weekends. I hardly get weekends off.) If this is your first job, I would suggest applying to the Fresh section (Dairy/Frozen, Meat, Deli, Produce, Bakery). Fresh tends to get a lot of the younger employees, so it'll be easy to make friends, and the work really isn't that hard. No matter what part of Fresh you work in, sometimes you are needed to help out in other parts. For me, I like to help out in produce when they need it. To be completely honest, it's a nice change of pace from lifting milk and yogurt all day, plus I have a few good friends in produce so we get to hang out. An important thing to remember is, if you want to talk to a friend for a bit, pick your spots wisely. I can't remember how many times I've heard that a bunch of people were talking in the dairy cooler and now a manager is angry. Management can be a bit annoying sometimes. Team leads can be pretty nice, but there will always be a few bad apples. Management is sort of a grey area. Some are nice, but honestly sometimes they don't take into consideration each persons situation. Some things aren't - more...
Pays above minimum wage even with no experience, awesome staff to work with. Will hire anyone. Management is pretty chill and never get angry unless you are not doing your job
Friendly, family oriented environment. Encouraged to learn and advance with in the company. Fast paced though relaxed, great customers. Great company to start your retail experience with.
Good place to work, time flies by because there is so much to do. Love conversing with the customers. Difficult to get a manager position due to structure changes
usually busy during weekends. learnt how to excel in a particular field. management is average. employees are cooperative. hardest part is early morning shifts. job is quite fulfilling.
Pros
job security
Cons
less hours
Worked with the company a long time. There are lots of great people I have worked with over the years. I advanced fast but preferred to do the work now one else wants to do Had good/bad days but overall I learned a lot and had a great time
management is not one of the best attributes for some of the store in the company. not every store is the same. They are know to be pushy with the mastercard on customers.
Pros
some great people to work with
Cons
cement floor, poor management
I have enjoyed working as a cashier for 2 months before being promoted to customer service manager. I have learned a lot of skills in this position that it will be an asset anywhere I go in the future.
Pros
Good group of cashiers to work with
Cons
not enough hours or pay
This was my first real job and it's a good place to start. Lots of training and will help you develop a lot of necessary skills you will use in all jobs. The management is pretty good and the discount and perks around holidays are a good bonus. Lots of flexibility to advance to different departments or positions. Hours were good too.
Pros
Develop skills
Cons
minimum wage
Walmart has mainly friendly and supportive people working for their company with strong rules and ways of the job. Management is nice, although they don't always go through with what they say. Average hours per week are workable, but poor shift lengths.
Pros
Paid breaks and training
This is a good place to work, if you want to grow and learn there are endless opportunities to do so with this company. If you're willing to work, you'll go far, and you'll get there quickly.
Very laid back environment with lots of chances for advancement/change of responsibility. Walmart focuses on in-house hiring, so if you have a degree/diploma in a field that Walmart offers while working there, you'd looked at first for eligibility. Annual raises as well as chances to change your position as frequently as the jobs are posted. A lot of micromanagement, but that's to be expected with a corporate chain such as Walmart.
A typical day working at Walmart was not as great as I expected. Everyone was always in a bad mood, customers included. I did not learn much from that position. Management was never around, or if they were they were not happy being there. My co-workers were very to themselves and never socialized with fellow workers, even in the break room. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the cranky people throughout every shift, mainly the employees instead of the customers.
Cons
Dirty work environment, angry coworkers, not a good place to work
I spent nearly 3 years working overnight at Walmart. The people were friendly and the work wasn't too hard.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Working overnight
I have worked in the Napanee Wal-Mart for just over 2 years as a cashier. While I was there I was able to also work in fashion, zone the different departments, pull expired foods and distribute the front end merchandise. I transferred to the Kingston super center Wal-Mart for school. I have now worked there for just over 6 months, It is very high paced and everyone is busy. Being a cashier is one of the greatest ways to meet people and build on your customer service skills. The lines are long, so as a cashier you have to remain calm and be quick about getting the customer through the till line and out the door in a friendly manner. The hardest part about being a cashier, I would say is needing change for the till, I say that because of it being such a busy place, there's usually a wait for it.
Pros
always busy
  1. Greater Napanee, ON