Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Grande Prairie, AB

Very busy place, but friendly. Multitasking is a priority, high rotation of assistant managers and associates, not enough workers on weekends. Good job to start.
Pros
Extra hours for cashiers
Cons
Very busy
Management is a mess, the scheduling is horrible and you work long hours. Lunch breaks are not paid and you must clock out during them so they can only pay you 7 hours for an 8 hour shift. The work is extremely demanding and stressful as the fashion department is always understaffed and busy.
Pros
Starting wage above $15
Cons
Unpaid lunch, terrible management, and understaffed
Good job culture Cooperative staff and coworkers Discounted sales for associates Further discount in total purchase Incentives during Covid-19 Sharing advantage Good working environment
I did not enjoy this job at all. The only reason I took it was because it was a job. Between travelling to and from work it barely paid the bills. Would not do this job again.
Pros
Cons
Too far and low wages
it was a good place to work for great benefits and experience family style. Great ways to learn products. Life skills as well as learning till or customer experience. Working as a team
Pros
family benefits family style
Cons
fast pace stress on body
Walmart is a changing company. They definitely try to have your back if there’s any problem. People are great to work with. It is a fast paced retail work environment with all the pains of constant change.
Working at Walmart is horrific. They overwork their staff and intentionally under-schedule shifts, leaving employees struggling to meet the demands of management. I was given 3 raises in the 2 years I worked there, one of which was mandatory because I was promoted to CSM. That particular raise was 15 cents. The other two raises? A nickel each. Raises were supposedly given based on performance, and although I scored 5/5 in four of the five categories I was evaluated on, my raise was the minimum possible raise they could give me. The only category I did poorly in was selling MasterCards, which is difficult to do in the first place given how horrible 90% of the customers are. They make a big deal during the interview about how they want you to feel welcome and like family. This is a lie. They do not care about you, they do not want to treat you like a human let alone fairly. Several employees in know were denied time off to go to funerals. One of my coworkers begged for more hours in order to send money to her family back in her home country, and they refused to give her overtime... and then sent her home early, forcing me to do overtime work that they did not pay me overtime for. I regularly worked for 10 hours, standing at a till being verbally abused by customers, at 18 years old. I have a hard time twisting my spine because of how often I did that as a cashier to smile at angry customers waiting for someone else's card to go through. If you work here, do not be fooled into thinking that this is where you want to be. Leave as soon as you can. And do not, under any circumstances, - more...
Wal-Mart sometimes gets a bad rep but it is actually a really good company to work for. I made my own schedule. It was always busy so time always goes by quickly. Lots of interesting people to work with.
At first I found work bit hard but as time goes by it becomes easier with the help of coworkers and specially the managers who are willing to help. Sometimes it is exhausting since you've got to work the quickiest possible.
Being a part time employee at Walmart, there is no assurance for hours of my work. It depends on Wal-mart’s business needs. Too much pressure to promote Master cards. Management seldom care about their associates needs.
good place to work. the people are friendly and open. supervisors are easy to communicate with. Co-works are great. The pay was not the greatest but it was good enough.
its a good place to work for your first job for me it was you can go up in management fairly easy if you are seen by management the people that you work with are great especially co-workers thats why i stayed up until management became dicks 8 years ive been with them
Office politics is rampant. Some associates are less trained. Some are willing to learn. Competition amongst managers are to the teeth. Work somewhere else
Pros
The associates loves me
Cons
Walmart should listen to the complaints of their associates. HR must insistently step in.
Managers had their own agenda and only cared about them self. If you didn’t get enough credit card applications,donations,or product protection plans you were not giving back to the company and didn’t deserve proper hours or schedule.
Co workers are awesome and supportive. Customers can be great and you look forward to seeing the same people weekly. Others can be rude. Managers tend to be focused on goals from head office, not on employee satisfaction.
This is an ideal job for a part time school kid or part time college kid.. If you like that kind of environment fast paced job this is it. But on your feet for along time.
Walmart was a very fast pace and steady work environment. Tons of oppurtunity for growth , but often overworks there staff or calls you in on short notice
stocking shelves. management is not very good here and very unorganized, hard place to work as people you work with are not very friendly. would not recommend.
went on a sick benefit when I reurned got cut hours and them also had other isuused management works you eith very little breaksit was not for me two weeks I wasn't even on the schedule.
Managers aren't very polite or understanding to staff and don't take pride in their employees, Walmart is also a poor place to shop. There's this one supervisor who is very ignorant to her employees and has several complaints about her to head management and still nothing has been done about it.. Poor place to work.
good and happy place nice to shop with discount for employee nice benefits good place to shop god place to communicate with people good experience to meet new people
good
Cons
not enough hours for cashier