Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Goderich, ON

The job was a good job it helped worked on working fast and helping people out when walking past them, the hardest part of the job was the early mornings and when things were not in the right spot.
modern day slavery, when nobody wants to be there or do any work it becomes a bad place to work, favorites are chosen and they get away with not doing anything.and all for peanuts
would not reccomend this hole to anyone - good co-workers absolutely abhorrent management in Goderich, ON - expected to do the work of others who are lazy.........
Very busy frontend for cashiers and customer service. Point of sale transactions cash, debit, and credit. Promotional incentive for customers to apply for the company MasterCard. Customer can pay off transaction on company card in the next transaction. Promotion gives customer a percentage in cash rewards. Cashiers paid incentive for each application approved.
Pros
Christmas luncheons, casual dress ticket for multiple sign ups
Cons
No full time postions
Lack of staff, managers always seem to hate their jobs. All of the workers are just counting down the minutes until they go on break or go home.
Pros
Proper breaks
Cons
Lack of staff
A great team to work will. There is a strong work ethic and management kept motivating staff to strive for excellence. My fellow co-workers were friendly and very helpful during training, Probably the most difficult part of the job was there were never enough hours. The most enjoyable part was getting together with my co-workers to rally for a cause or fundraising for charity.
Pros
Positive atmosphere
Cons
Not enough hours
A typical day involved arriving early for work, punching in and returning to the front of the store where I would zone or go on till. I learned a lot working at Walmart, I learned communicative skills, organizational skills, and how to deal with conflict. Management at Walmart was great, they were very understanding people and would help you wherever possible; my co-workers were great as well. There were so many different people at Walmart because of the different work positions within the store. The hardest part of my job was when we would be understaffed and it was very hectic, causing customers to be irritable. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I spent a summer working in the garden centre, as well when I was working in customer service. These two positions allowed me to expand my work knowledge on how to deal with customers in different environments that I enjoyed.
Pros
The different work experience gained in a variety of work positions
Cons
short shifts, under-staffed
Working as a cashier, occasionally answering the phone. The most enjoyable part of this job are my coworkers and interacting with customers.