Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Georgetown, ON

Great first job for teens to gather first experiences and what exactly the work culture is compared to school. Management is great and very friendly here, easy to make friends and lots of employees to cover the amount of work necessary
Pros
Slow
Cons
Boring
Management is okay at Walmart. They cheap out a lot on employees sometimes which makes it difficult to handle departments yourself. Very professional management other than that. Pay is more than minimum but workloads are too much for employees sometimes. I would reccomend it for students in high school or post grad because Walmart gives you many opportunities such as scholarship etc.
Pros
Good breaks, Lots of shifts, Good managment.
Cons
Shortage of employees
I have inculcated skills of good sales representative and cashier at the same time.Moreover,i have learned how to deal with various kind of people in all kinds of environment at the same time.
This a fast paced work environment especially during peak hours and holidays. Shifts usually go by pretty quickly and you are able to get lots of hours.
Too many assistant managers giving different tasks to benefit their needs and get backlash when your own tasks don't get completed. The team you are assigned to doesn't reflect the jobs you will be doing.
Pros
fun days
Cons
too many assistant managers
After working there for 2 years as a sales associate in the beginning and a cashier nearing the end of my employment there, I’ve found many flaws and some unmet needs and expectations that management did not fill for me as an associate working at their company.
I loved my job at Walmart. I worked as a fulfillment Associate so I would be in a large group and bring stock out to the front, do warehouse tings, etc. Unfortunately I had to resign because school got in the way but I would take back that job any second. The work was fun, the people were great, and the management was excellent. Keep in mind though, if you’re in school, this is not a job where you work a few days a week for a few hours per shift. No, they will schedule you 4-5 days a week with all shifts consisting of 6-7 hours. You will however get lots of breaks (2 15 mins and 1 hour). Working at Walmart, those were the days.
Pros
Cons
Long hours (if you’re in school)
productive work and big learning opportunities with some perks, great management, great teamwork and friendly and helping colleagues. Looking forward to growing more.
i find it pays well for me but i would plan on staying here. they're flexabile with their hours and will always work with you if certain things wont workout.
Good place to work while in high school. Good work environment, little stress, no pressure. Very easy going atmosphere. Managers are understanding and help out when needed.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Politics
While I was there, I was very happy just to have a job. There were a few negatives: expected to push customers who made it very clear they were not interested in applying for a credit card. Overall it was a good experience. A lot of nice people and managers.
Pros
Good hours.
Cons
Only paid minimum wage
Was a great job for a student. Walmart however, should hire managers with experience or education, as it would help the day to day operation and customer service. Was a good first job and was able to be promoted. Hours were somewhat flexible which made working during university manageable.
Pros
Somewhat flexible schedule
Cons
politics
Left to have a child. Poor hours and pay. High stress. Under appreciated, workers are not trained and difficult to work with. Would not return to this.
Management give sufficient training when you start ,as well as i had lots of different tasks i learned when i worked. managers and supervisors were always helpful and guided when need.
Pros
10 % discount plus 20% during end of the year
Cons
Never get opportunity to move up in your job.
A typical day of work was usually very busy until late night. I learned how to operate a cash register and deal with customers. The other cashiers were mostly pretty great but the upper management was absolutely awful. Management was extremely lazy yet worked everyone else to the bone and would get mad if you couldn't pick up extra shifts. Management was also extra tough on students. The hardest part of the job was dealing with angry customers who liked to yell, however you get used to it and move on very quickly.
Pros
10% off
Cons
Extremely unfavourable hours
Constantly being called out of department which leads to stealing. Management doesn't care when you tell them about any problems in the department. Will always take customers side even if they are wrong.
Not a relevant job to my field, but this is an employer with flexible hours that allows me to work part-time while also taking classes at Humber college.
I'd come to work for my shift. Made sure the printer was always operational to ensure customers' prints would come out with the highest possible quality. I assisted customers on the PictureKiosks whenever necessary. Performed cleaning maintenance on a daily basis, and called a technician in to report any repairs needing to be done. Got the customers' back on track once the repairs were completed. End of the night, I would count and ensure the inventory was accurate for the my co-workers who would be in the next morning. I also counted the cash drawer and ensure the correct float money was in the drawer and reported any shortages (if there were any).
Pros
I was always busy because I always had something to do with no hesitation.
Cons
The evening shifts were short-staffed; it could get a little stressful
Management send a lot of time sitting in the office eating and talking and do not do much to help you. When you do speak to them it usually feels like you are interrupting something or they are telling you that you are not doing something right - usually because you were not given the proper training and things change so often its hard to keep up.
I worked as a meat associate and was required to re-stock meat repeatedly during one shift. I was also required to conduct a regular temperature check as required by company policy in order to ensure all of the products were being held and maintained correctly. My management was a little difficult in terms of schedule flexibility because it was hard for me to balance a 25 hour work week being a full-time student. This was actually the reason I had to resign from position.
Pros
close to home
Cons
management
It was a nice experience. I met a lot of nice people and had an opportunity to learn a great deal and customer service positions.
Pros
friendly people.