Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Gander, NL

For the type of work that is required to be done the employees are under paid for the hard work they put in for this company to take in thousands everyday.
managers dont have a clue how to manage people just a bunch of low self esteem wanna bes assigned work usually involves thing not trained for properly . time allotments to complete tasks are unreasonable for some tasks. not paid enough for work expected
Pros
fellow workers
Cons
poor pay high expectations poorly organized work and they dont know how to talk to employees
When I started work there it was great. I had the most amazing coworkers. If the managers are great then work is fun and worth it. When it comes to the staff it's like a family.
Pros
great coworkers.
Not a good place to work if you have things to pay because you won’t get many hours, if it’s your first job it is a good place to start out to. It’s easy working there and the people are nice to work with.
For the work you do, you are paid well below what you should be. The physical requirement alone should warrant a higher pay grade. The hardest part about the job, isn't the customers. I enjoy dealing with the public. It's the inconsistency from upper management. One minute you'll have a assistant manager assign you one task, then the next you'll have another assign you another. When they both return they'll lecture you. It's fun haha
I became very close to those working around me. Everyone was willing to help one another out in times we were unsure. Enjoyed going into work every day.
Manager was mean, never gave time to get use to how to use the tools provided. Wasn’t very neat almost always working over the clock out time to get everything done.
I enjoyed working at Walmart. It was fast paced and everyday was different. Team leaders and management were nice and answered any question you may have.
Treated unfairly and wages are not enough to cover basic needs, schedules are all over the place. Benefits weren’t given and some workers are not friendly!
management lacks the ability to properly manage people they just don't care it baffles the minds of normal people how a company can hire such idiots for management and still succeed . They treats staff with utter contempt .constantly adding new tasks to be completed each shift so has to not have to hire more people .
Pros
going home from there
Cons
having to work with them goofs they call managers
I live in a small town where Walmart is one of the only places you can easily get a job. I worked there for a year until I found something better. The pay was just above minimum wage, which it is hard to raise a family on.
management was great pay wasn't the greatest. working there night shifts were long and slow. I loved working t gain hours as needed. unloading the truck was the best part of my job.
Great place to work! Good working environment. People are friendly and helpful. Enjoy working as a cashier there. Have made some new friends and learned a lot in my job.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Sometimes too busy to go on scheduled breaks on time.
The time spent as Walmart was a great fun experience that was mostly spent replenishing products on the shelves, loading/unloading freight. Also met a lot of great people while doing so.
The lack of respect is hard for so many people. That is one of the reasons the overturn is so high. A thank you goes a long way when you work hard to do a good job.
Alright job. Not something I would like to do for a life career. It doesn't have the greatest pay for starting out, but I do like that your pay grade raises based on not only position but also your experience.
employers are great as well as staff. very accommodating and willing to work with your schedule. only issue i found was there is no benefits offered for employees
A typical day for me would be to have all of fashions organized in an eight hour shift, all the clothes would be well organized by size and by color and brand-names. I would help as many customers as I could. I learned a lot about customer service where walmart has been my first job. i learned there was more than one thing about life that i could enjoy. the hardest part of my job was my memory lost and my hearing. i had to focus so much harder because i have severe memory loss. the most enjoyable part was honestly making a ton of friends and receiving amazing hours and the actual work in the organization of the clothing and meeting lots of new people as i worked. seeing the joy on their faces when i helped them. i loved it there so much.
It's the typical retail outlet experience. Some managers were great while others weren't. Most of the other employees were friendly and I was lucky to not get too many unruly customers. An alright first job experience for a teenager.
treat their workers poorly, severely under paid. you are not recognised for the work you do and there is very little room for growth within the company
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Working part time at Walmart was a great experience. I was able to work the particular hours which accommodated my family. Great co workers! I was sad to leave, only reason I did leave was due to relocating for my husbands work.
Pros
Schedule worked for me