Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Fredericton, NB

A typical day consisted of showing up when scheduled and doing anything that was asked of me. This company always prioritizes shareholder value above all else.
It was okay for those who are looking to get no where in life or just looking for extra income. For me it was incredibly boring because if you begin a job in which you already have over ten years of experience in over several previous retail jobs, they simply don't care anymore about those and they are not considered, nor are they valued. As a matter of fact all it does it put you lower on the totem pole.
Very disorganized management staff. The amount of work you have to do for what you are paid is not good. Poor communication between mangers and staff.
it's a good place to work at in order to train yourself to work efficiently under pressure in a fast-paced working environment and providing satisfaction to the customer.
Very professional environment, everybody was kind and you knew what was expected of you on a day to day basis, and for the most part you were given the tools and resources you needed to fulfil.
A normal day at work is running around and trying to keep shelves filled and customers happy, with being able to answer their questions and help them find products. It isn't always easy you'll get customers that will be frustrated or angry form other associates not answering there questions and you will have to manager an situation to the best of your ability and most of all don't take anything personally.
Management was mean and unwilling to provide adequate shifts to live off of. I had a baby while working there and no accommodations were made to help the transition. Benifits didn't exist.
Enjoyed working there. Had to relocate with husband , due to his medical condition. Co-workers were nice and very friendly . Management was as good as Walmart allows .
Pros
not from from home
Cons
not enough hours
Stocking shelves is not fun. Its one of the hardest jobs Ive had and its impossible to keep up with. Other then that its disappointing to think that the richest department store company in the world (at the time) could undercut and betray its workers as often as this company.
poor management and not very many opportunitys to advance in the workplace to higher up job. mostly just a flex for highschool students until they found something more permanent or secure in the future.
Could not ask for a better company to work for. When I was out on sick leave they were checking on me to make sure I was ok and when I returned to work they offered me a stool to sit when needed or I could just take a walk if I felt i needed too. Excellent company/bosses.
Walmart is a great experience to have. they provide a great working atmosphere. people, over there are friendly and kind. you get to do a variety of jobs every day.
Walmart was a great place to work at! I was able to work as a team and was apart of a great family. I was able to work with flexible team members that helped me out whenever I needed.
Pros
Competitive environment, long breaks
At the start everything seemed awesome, the management was very helpful and nice and then I got injured on the job and they were saying that i didn't get hurt at work when infact I did. Also lots of gossip amongst employees and management. Long hours and weird shifts. Pay isn't that good either and no benefits until a year of being with the company.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Long hours, no advancement, poor management, very unflexible shifts.
Walmart has great benefits for their employees, people are friendly, and they take care of breaks fantastically. Wonderful when busy but quite a bust when not.
Cons
large corperation
good job for those just starting out in the work life. good for those not needing to pay bills and who just need spending money most of the people are nice they don't give enough hours to the ones who show up daily and work and who know and get the jobs done instead they divvy them up between everyone and expect people to come in when they are called in regardless of what your plans are for your time off and if you say no they treat you like a piece of garbage
Pros
no hours
Good staff and management was always there for me when I needed them. I am a people person so it was a good fit for me. I advanced quickly and had very good support from everyone there.
A typical day at work would be saying the same things to customers as they went through your cash, very easy and repetitive work. I learned a lot about what it is like on the other side of the cash register and how to give change quickly haha. Management was alright but did not want you to take sick days and took a long time to get back to you on basically anything. Workplace culture was almost like a second family as people were very kind and talked about their lives and things of that nature when on breaks together. Hardest part of the job was standing and repeating the same task over and over for hours, the most enjoyable part of the job would be talking with nice customers :)
Pros
Minimal critical thinking and time to talk when it is a slow day.
Cons
Repetitive work.
Great people, fast paced environment. Can often be understaffed. Great Management for the most part, with a few exceptions. Hardest part of the job can be the customers and how they can treat you.
Pros
Fast Paced, Plenty of hours
Cons
Poor Employee discount, long hours
Enjoy working here, fast paced environment so the day goes by very quickly. Friendly co-workers who are always willing to help you if you need it. :)
Pros
Very leanient with your schedule.
Cons
None really for me. I enjoy my job
Appropriate training program. Friendly environment. Very useful benefits. Fun staff events. Free snacks (once and a while). Great employee opportunities.