Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Fort St. John, BC

Helping customers, answering a multi-lined phone, exchanging or returning products for customers, keeping my area clean and organized, sending & receiving money through Western Union for the customers, and taking complaints all taught me how to be organized, professional and detail oriented. The management was pretty good and I made some good friends there. The hardest part was when my department was slow and others were busy and I couldn't leave my department to help them. The most enjoyable part was being able to help others.
Pros
Staff appreciation lunches
Cons
Some customers cannot be satisfied, no matter what you do.
Friendly and very good experiance in walmart ..walmart is my favourite place to work ..best palce to shopping ..fresh products in produce always ..best customer service
A typical day working at Walmart was greeting people and cashing out customers with their items to purchase. I learned how to interact with different people within a new environment because I was new to Canada. It allowed me to open up to the unknown and accept what I did not understand. The workplace culture consisted of positive and a face-paced environment with high demands for quality goods with the best deals. I would say the hardest part of the job was long hours standing however, I enjoy interacting with customers since that was the highlight of my days working there.
Pros
learning about new products
Cons
long hours of standing
Very clicky, treat you not so nice. Dont train people properly. Pay sucks. List goes on forever but not gonna bore you with it. Nothing good about this place!
Cons
Everything!
Full of deceiving managers complained about many things never got resolved, management pushed people out if associates performed better then the management, the only enjoyable part of the job were the other associates, management was not trust worthy.
Pros
Cons
to many
I've learned so many things here and much more to learn. I love what I do at Walmart and I love the ambiance here and its very fun working here I am pushing my self to my limits to learn more.
lots to learn with the chance to improve yourself and grow in your skill set . as a manager work weeks are 50 to 70 hours a week work schedule doesn't leave room for family life
awesome service is received whenever I pay my visit their in Walmart further the staff is so nice and I worked their before so I know how good they are
Walmart is a good employer that offers the chance to serve the community in providing goods and services. Diverse workforce strong team, Good benefits and incentives.
Pros
Benefits and Incentives
Cons
With such a large company sometimes there's a loss of communication
Walmart is the most stressful and depressing company I have ever worked for. The management was awful and ended up getting a mass-firing shortly after I quit working there. The other employees were always sad and never cared about their work leading to poor quality and more useless stress. Their training system is incredibly weak for such a giant company. Don't work at Walmart unless you have no other options in life.
Pros
A small amount of money for easy tasks
Cons
Terrible Managers, Terrible Employees
Walmart, like many places had its problems between the employee's like many places across Canada. They mostly had small communication errors and the occasional mistake in orders that slowed down the work load quite a lot. For the most part it was a well working place and if you asked someone for help they may or may not help you depending on the condition their department was. I always tried to help out whoever asked for it if I was available.
Pros
You always had something to do, be it cleaning, stocking, or interacting with customers.
Cons
Very often most departments were either missing people, or had hardly anyone employed at all.
was a nice place to work, very clicky management. Management had changed and you needed to be an of a desired color to advance. used to be a place wither you could work hard and get ahead, and turned into one that you had to be a certain color to advance.
Walmart is a great company to work for. Flexible hours and great people to work with. It's like a family. I lost my son and my Walmart family did their best to support me.
Pros
Working with people
Cons
can't think of any
most of the day i had to push cart manually cause the "cart pusher" broke down month before i started, i have noticed i was not built for working outside at that time so they ended up training me for cashier, but they always needed carts so i didn't do it often. it was hard to understand some co-workers due to there accent. Management did there job but i didn't see them alot the hardest part was pushing carts up hill in the summer. i enjoyed working as a cashier mostly due to me not being outside.
Pros
10% off card in wallmart
Cons
low pay
I learned a lot of new things in that company,that was the first time i worked in walmart and it was a great experience. I was a cashier and i learnt how to use cash register and how to treat customers nicely.
Good place to work with. I have started my career in Canada at wal-mart. I have learned the management and leadership skills from this company. It has enhanced my knowledge about products and about people. I got the chance to work with different type of people from diverse areas of the world.
Great place to work,good pay, great management,Advancement possible with hard work.Good policies and procedures, great benefits.
Walmart is one of the best company ever to achieve more experience and also make their workers more valuable. while working at Walmart I learned many things like how to deal with your respective customers and how to serve them.
Pros
good suplies at functions like christmas
Cons
comfortable hours
Typical day at work would be to be assigned to a til and served customers with a smile and politely telling to enjoy the rest of their day as they leave walmart.
i enjoyed working at Wal-mart and would love to work there again as i had to leave my job last time before two week notice was up . My husband had a job and they moved his start date up. I regretted leaving there . We are now settled in living in Kamloops and have bought a home here so am going to try to get back in at Walmart . Management was good as a whole but i never got a chance to be fully trained i found there was no hard part of my job i have worked in many parts of the store within the store and always loved caring for customers needs and helping find things was my favorite part and watching the smile on a customers face . I really enjoyed my years with wal-mart and customer is first smiles and the 3 meter rule . all aspects of my adventures with walmart were always good experiences
Pros
customer service
Cons
Although often stressful. I enjoy the challenge , co-workers are for the most part happy and upbeat,
Pros
10 % discount, profit share check.
Cons
Always short staffed