Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Fort Saskatchewan, AB

Managing my area's associates brought out interpersonal talents that I did not fully realize I had. In my area, they were hard-working individuals who when shown respect, returned it with abundance.
no comment at this time for the fear of retaliation as before when you speak up they dont believe and then turn all management team against you and dont believe anything at all they dont address problems except sugar coat it to make them look good
All levels of management need to improve communication, day to day is chaos for the 1st hour. Walmart's management chain is comprised of ppl with zero retail experience and no people skills. Walmart will higher anyone into upper management who has successfully finished any type of Colledge, university or military service. This in effect creates an environment of hostility between management and staff as most staff have more real-life retail experience. Many staff members working up the latter have felt passed over in pursuit of promotions at key times simply cause a military vet wants a change in carrier. This usually happens with little communication from upper management with a simple notice that your promotion needs to forgo further consideration.
The management wernt terrible but the turn around rate for managers was really bad! I worked at Walmart for 3 years and saw all 7 of the assistant managers get replaced at-least twice if your a casual worker there are many opportunities to grow in the company and that aspect is great but some of the managers like everyplace were absolutely terrible not to mention the fact that it’s hard to stay there the higher up you reach
Pros
Hour long lunch
Cons
Lunch too long
I enjoyed working there. It was great part time because I was going to school at that time and living independently at a young age. I would definitely recommend a friend or family member to work with this company. The benefits are fair and employee discounts are a bonus as well!
No one will ever retire at Walmart if starting career there will find and excuse to let you go somehow after 6 years as manager told me I was not management material. and let me go. As an associate or department manager very satisfying positions. However pay at this level is not sufficient.
Manager of Fort Sask store should not be running a store. Doesn’t care about employees, only promotes brown nosers. He talks to employees like they’re all stupid. Just sits in his office all day and doesn’t help employees or customers on the sales floor
This place sucks so much. If you can avoid it do not work here. My manager was sexist, I did my job perfectly and got a talking to by the manager when others where not doing their jobs correctly. The management cares more about the sale and money then any of their employees. Save yourself while you still can and do not work at Walmart.
A typical day at Walmart is very chaotic and productive. You receive a list of tasks to complete at the start of your work day, while efficiently problem solving other situations that may come up throughout the day. Management was always very understanding with the personal lives of all of the employees. We receive praise for what we have done well throughout the day and constructive criticism for what we may need to work on. Management at Walmart will always drop anything in order to help an employee. The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting new people every day and learning the store like the back of my hand. I learnt many skills at Walmart such as; creative problem solving, multi-tasking and customer service skills.
Pros
Free lunches, Flexible hours
Cons
Long days, Chaotic environment
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?
It's a good job to start with or to do while you're in high school. Anything passed that and it is awful. Management would write you up for almost nothing, did nothing but gossip, yelled at you if you weren't doing the job of 4 people because they were perpetually under-staffed, and would constantly come in and bird dog you. Then I had one of the managers tell almost everyone that worked there that I had to go and get checked for bowel cancer. Awful place to work, at least in Fort Saskatchewan.
Pros
Worked with some alright people
Cons
Terrible pay, Management was awful
The work is great if you want to work. I learned how no one cares about the job, how the coworkers say ^ this is not my part of the job^. The management is worthless doing noting, with the hands in the pockets walking around the store. The culture was ok, some of them with complexes . I loved my job.
Pros
Cons
The worst management ever
Busy but fun atmosphere to work in right out of school. The pay was good and the managers were good to work with. Would have continued to work there but got a opportunity to work in Banff.
yes i will say that Walmart was probably the funniest place i have worked in retail i would go back if the chance ever came back up around the people are great friendly and i do approve
They didn't train me very well. The management was polite and almost always very helpful. I enjoyed my coworkers and managers. I would work there again.
When I am at the customer service desk I enjoy greeting and serving the customers. The challenge of solving and meeting their needs is at times complicated but very satisfactory when achieved. Working and mentoring new employees have been one of the best advantages that I have brought to the company.
Pros
a great place to interact with coworkers as well as meeting new people.
Cons
wages are not competitive in the retail market
Good starting job but not a long time career. Pay is terrible only minimum wage but management is okay the work is easy But customers are a pain overall not a career choice
I liked the Co-workers that was about it. Management is all over the place. They don't care much for their employees. Schedules were never out on time (maybe 1-2 weeks late).
checked out the client developed client pictures returned or refunded client purchases stocked merchandise for clients to purchases answered phone calls
Pros
10% discount on everything in store
Good place to work, friendly staff, great managers Would tell people to come apply here Lots of different departments to work in always full always fresh
Pros
Discount
Cons
this has been one of the best companies i have worked for, hands down. its a fun,professional, comfortable environment. provides great benefits. understanding management, etc.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
managers expectations are not what they used to be. If you are not looking for advancement right away its fine. if you are you better have the education behind it and the proper training and work your butt off for no consideration. they used to care about every employee now you are just a number.
Pros
pay check
Cons
mannagment
  1. Fort Saskatchewan, AB