Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Fort McMurray, AB

You have not worked retail until you have worked at Walmart! I learned so much while employed there and some skills to this day I still use. They offer great training and possibility for advancement if you are willing to put in the work.
I liked the pay. I did not however like the managers. They were very strict and hard to make sense of. They did not let you take time off when really needed. And I got told off for doing a good job.
Enjoy work environment, bussy , stress full but nice to work with coworkers and management without unnecessary pressure. New things to learn everyday , gives a lots of space and support to learn and handle new situations.
Culture is not good. People that's been there for a long time don't like following rules, as a new manager, it was hard enough to adjust with little training plus the attitude of people makes it harder. Higher management are the hardest people to follow rules, they break rules, specially safety, and they are setting a bad example. The most enjoyable part is working with some people that really likes you.
It's a good place to work, everything is well organized and people work like a family. And there is love of unit .I learned a lot about team work gives success
Pros
You buy your own food
Cons
Long hours some times
Walmart seems to have great policies to help employees feel secure in the workplace, however they are not always enforced unless you complain to HR. Management tend to power trip and even give corrective actions in front of customers! Not very professional.
Since we were required to work at a fast rate i couldn't keep up sometimes . i left work really exhausted . The management was so rude and so strict. It was work and work.
The is fun if you make it fun, i learnt a lot about handling money and customer service. The hardest part about the job is trying to sell the master cards to customers. The most fun part is meeting new people.
a typical day at work was great helping customers in need of search of items, it helped me learn a great sense of team work and team building and to keep a clean work place
I worked in the dairy section so I mostly was doing my own thing in this section. I would stock the shelves and use a forklift to transport the merchandise.
Wal-Mart was nice experience I had no issues .i wish them all the best because i have learned a lot from them and the upper management and good luck
You unload trucks, stock shelves and assist customers with purchases. You work as a team.Management is always there to assist. Great work life balance. always something to do
Pros
10% discount off purchases for associates
Cons
never enough time to finish work
Was a great company and felt I could make a difference. Transfered to Ft Mac upon a promotion. Was great till they brought in a new store manager who liked to threaten jobs over positive affirmation to get results. Broke all rules in regards to stocking, rotating and saftey practices. Many racial slurs behing office doors. And a overzealous jealousy toward any other staff and management appreciated more by the staff. What went from a dream job making it a better place. Became its own reflection of the video "Walmart High Cost of Low prices" What was a dream became a nightmare, very sad time in my life.
Pros
Decent medical/dental
Cons
Tyranical co and store managers with constant verbal abuse and job threats, long hrs, Productivity over saftey, Racist remarks, poor stock rotation.
was wonderful working with so many diff people and situations on a daily basis management was always nderstanding about you as a person not just an object.
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
no bennifit
it was good have learnt alot good woking enviroment friendly staff supportive management good learning experience good staff respectful place learnt alot
I enjoyed my job as it carried out a lot of responsibilities and met many deadlines. Working alone and as a team taught many skills that I will be able to apply to jobs in the future.
the grunts at walmart like i was are funny and awesome to be around but the work was always hard and they pushed you to do more and more i would never want to put any of my friends or family in that work place
Pros
Cons
longer hours and no thanks for those long hours
A lot of improvements must be done, People who works here sometimes don't get enough training. It is a fun workplace because of the people, but some of the employees are only trying to be here for hours and not to work, which saddens me before, because the company is paying them, but they barely work. For me, they should have a Stern but Firm management, so their reputation can improve.
Pros
You can always have overtime
Cons
Don't give not enough training to their employees
Managers are very personable. Coworkers are very team oriented and are willing to help. Met very cool people who became close friends. They are willing to teach train you and give chances of advancement.
fun working environment with friendly and supportive staff. the most enjoyable part of the job was the the team work and connections each and every employee has with each other.Personally i enjoyed working alongside smart, energetic and innovative young individuals and learning from them. there was a lot of variety in what i did each day, ranging from monotonous tasks to training new hires ,supervising busy font end department with limited or fewer staffs , covering for 2-3 staffs at times that were really challenging and exciting at times
The best company to start working abroad, nice people, Canadian and immigrants makes you feel better. Positive environment. I liked the meetings in the morning.
Pros
Meetings to cheer up the staff
Cons
some bad customers