Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Fort Erie, ON

I've been working here for on off 3 and a half years. Great place to work but the pay could be much better depending on job you do in store. I've enjoyed the management staff though and there is room to grow
I needed to take time off to care for a sick family member. There was no specific time when this family member would be better so my manager told me to "take a leave of absence with no return date" and then stated my job will be waiting for me when I'm ready to come back. After jumping through hoops trying to get my job back, I was told by head of HR that no, I couldn't get my job back and there was nothing they could do.
There will always be grumbles everywhere you go. I enjoy working here, love most of the staff, management is always helpful for the most part! No complaints! It’s a part time get me out of house and maybe try more? I love it!
My co workers were very friendly and easy to get along. They were great at training and i understood right away how to do things , especially since it was all hands on work
not a challenging job, people are decent and u can learn something new everyday but the training is horrible and the money is not there. overall I would work there again if it was full-time
If you are looking for a job that is flexible maybe for students this is the job for you. They do not offer full time but good salary. management is understanding and will accommodate for your outside of work life.
People you work with can be OK.! I like the fact you can help anyone, in other Department's. A lot of people take long breaks or lunches..I worked from 6am until 2 or so, Very busy getting things ready for opening at 8. Time goes fast. If you need help forget it.. People hide, or stand around talking while some of us work our butts off...
caring for patients and customers is priority. My direct manager was a terrific person to work under caring and fair. Meeting all our great patients and looking after there needs.
Pros
Excellent benfit packages and great people to work for
Cons
to much work not enough help.
I have worked at the Fort Erie location for many years and they are on a steady decline. The current managment team are the worst the store has ever seen. They don't know how to treat the staff and can be very pushy, demanding and unprofessional. They expect you to do the jobs of 2-3 people and still have the shelves full and provide great customer service. If you do manage to complete all the tasks you were given, you just get more jobs added to your plate until you are so overwhelmed you just don't know where to begin.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
Overwhelming workload, Bad management team
To be honest, I'm leaving on fairly bad terms. I really like most of my coworkers, and much of my management team. I don't like my store manager, whom has decided that because he personally dislikes me, he needs to remove me from my job and gift the position to someone he does like. The story is a long one, but would only be anonymously well-backed by many coworkers, over the last 14 months or so. I'm sure this recent experience is tainting my review a little, but I just can't help it right now. Walmart has a bad morale right now as they have tried to restructure the way they do things, and it just isn't working out the way it was expected. I have to admit, begrudgingly, that Walmart has kept me going for the last four years or so, but through a couple of life altering experiences, they just didn't stand behind me the way I had hoped.
Pros
The people are reasonably nice, and there are lots of opportunities to begin moving up.
Cons
If you don't drink the blue Kool-aid, you can only go up so far.
Very structured and focused on sales as opposed to customer experience. Staff are treated disrespectfully and are kept part time to avoid paying for benefits.
Pros
Local
Cons
Most else
If you work here as management you can do as you please. working as a entry level employee you are treated poorly. this company looks out for themselves
I find that we are so understaffed that I do everyone else's job constantly. Management doesn't understand and I have to do jobs I have not been trained for. I notice other worked who get paid more than me do less and pick what they get to do while as I do way more and get no praise for it unlike other people. I feel like I try hard to get nothing except stress in return. I feel no push to work hard anymore. 75% of the management is pushy and rude with me. The only thing I enjoy here is my coworkers, the long breaks, and the salary.
Pros
Long breaks, good pay
Cons
Understaffed, bad management
Great place to work Management is very flexible and easy to talk to if you have any questions. Fast pace environment filling prescriptions for customers, answering phone calls, sending and receiving faxes, filing, calling insurance companies, doctor's offices, and hospitals. The hardest part to working in the Pharmacy is when we are very busy that we make sure prescriptions get filled in a timely manner for the customers. I enjoy meeting new people and helping them everyday.
work hard theyll like you fast pace easy going fun environment good for students very flexible must be able to lift 50 pounds management is nice and friendly
- Management was awesome, understanding and cares about employees. - Most enjoyable part of the job was being around coworkers. - Excellent team environment with helpful staff.
I was hired on seasonally and my position was being an Overnight Stocker, so I worked from 11pm-7am. Not a bad shift if you enjoy working at night. I stocked the shelves, and after we stocked everything, I helped zone the section I was working in. I learned quite a bit, I never really stocked before and it was a great learning experience, and work learning experience for me. The management was great and also very nice and helpful when needed. My coworkers were pretty awesome too, I really liked them. They made the shift go by much faster, and I made some great friends there too. I never really found any part of the job hard, but I was continually learning and memorizing new things. Most enjoyable was just the work atmosphere, and my coworkers, and also liked how the job was also partially a work out, so I really liked that too.
The Walmart in Fort Erie is the worst company to work for they don't have enough employees and they don't know how to treat their techs. their managers are unprofessional and not very easy to talk to. They don't seem to understand customer service very well worst company i ever worked for and I will never work for them again.
I learned alot of people skills working there, as well as learning to work well with time limits.
Pros
interaccting with customers
Cons
not enough hours