Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Flin Flon, MB

Cliquey, and somewhat toxic. Management was mixed, some were fantastic,and others were outright lazy or rude. Tons of drama. You have to be able to keep on top of your work, and it can be fast paced and very demanding especially around holidays! However, there is plenty of room for advancement for competent individuals, yearly incentives, monthly recognition of excellence and if you are suited to retail, it can be a very rewarding career.
A great place to work! I like working with my team, we help each other! They also offer good benefits and pay you good! My Supervisor was excellent! They are flexible with my schedule! Happy and friendly environment!
I enjoyed working there. we had a collaborative team work. learnt lots of new things which helped further in my career. it was fun working with such a great team
I enjoyed the fast paced environment and every day always brought something new. There was always something to do and keep busy. Enjoyed meeting new customers
Pros
discount
Cons
hours
I was given a promotion at a young age and was able to balance work and school life easily. This job came with few challenges but always left work with a smile on my face. Great group of people to work with.
Management at the Walmart I worked at was poor. Staffing was not well planned, perpetually understaffed, lots of scheduling problems, rude manager and poorly treated staff.
Little to no Management that know what's going on. All the Managers were rude and mean Pretty much no training what so ever. There is a huge cardboard compacter that says on it you need to be a manager and be wearing PPE but when working there Manager don't really care about any safety concerns or employees welfare
Pros
Pre Aproved for a Mastercard
Cons
Managment
Lots of customer interaction, Learned How to maintain Customer Satisfaction as well as maintain tidiness and organization of work station
Pros
nice clean and tidy staff/break room
Cons
Lots of standing in place, little to no advancement opportunities
The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with and being able to help customers. I love my job because I really like working freight and keeping busy as your day just seems to fly by. What I find is the hardest part of the day is not having enough hours in a day to get everything done.
I have worked fot 11 years with walmart. Their wages towards associates were handed out unfairly. Someone with less years or experience would be makeing either the same or more to someone who's been there longer. Had no respect for the individual. They didn't hand out any good jobs or rewards for hard to to everyone. They had their favorites that received the special and non deserving credit. The only thing that have kept me there that long was the ability to transfer to different locations across canada and depending on the location to different area's of the store. They also don't go by senority for promotions nor if that person has more qualifications. I liked working with customers and with the staff. The management team at my last location weren't team players nor helpful with training. I have learned more from other department managers than the store managers. The most enjoyable part of the job was the steady monday to friday 7 to 3:30 shift, free coffee, some of my fellow co-workers and helping the customers! I haven't had asked for a raise in my whole working experience and when I did before my 11 year review I was denied. I was making less than $12 an hr, so I asked to be raised and matched to the other 10 year associates that were working as a department manager. I was also on a maternity leave and willing to come back sooner but the store manager never got back to me or was willing to work out a raise with me so there for I went in a gave my notice to the personal manager. Wal-mart has a "No Quit Policy" and that's when the Store Manager will ask you what are your - more...
Pros
monday to friday 7-3:30 shift.
Cons
lack of respect from the management team
Very busy there is always something to learn management always ready to help co-workers are helpful also.The hardest part is coaching but is a learning tool.I like woking in retail and enjoy customers.
i got to learn different codes, taking off taxes, and getting things ready like bags and cleaning up the till and and scanning merchandise and adding up all the things they have. the managemnt was good and so were the co-workers. the hardest part of the job was(to tell u the truth) was waking up early in the morning and goin to work on day shift)