Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Fergus, ON

good experience treated fairly. got along with most other cashier . supervisors were easy to get along with as long as you did your job.management hard
Worth the pay check but don't ever go above and beyond. The company as a hole cant seem to hold onto higher level staff. Walmart is a stepping stone for them between business schools. Walmart requires relocation after a certain level of promotions (mid level) with out appropriate compensation, driving away experienced staff.
Walmart is a good place to work, especially as a first job to gain experiences for further jobs in the future. Lots of friendly people work there. Good pay for the amount of work
I enjoyed to be associated with great co-workers. The Management was always so supportive and helpful to me, as to recommendations and suggestions. The work culture at Walmart has taught me, how to manage a fast paced retail environment.
I worked there for two years and had the best management team. Most of the other associates at this location and very friendly and easy to talk to. You can also move around a lot here and explore new areas of interest within the store.
I worked directly with the cashiers, looking after them and taking care of the money up front related to the tills and courtesy. I worked very closely with customers helping to solve any problem or concern that they had.
I am at Wal mart now and enjoying it but not getting full time hours and I am looking at moving to Guelph. A good job but i am just moving ahead in my future goals
Pros
Good personnel
Cons
Shifts tend to be all over the place
Walmart is an amazing work environment with many opportunties to grow. However with their break system, it's difficult to get in payable hours to your budget. However with communication with management, that can very easily be changed.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
NEed more payable hours
its ok, they gave me too many hours, didn't really respect my time, but the CSMs and coworkers were awesome, A really high ratio of people leaving to people coming in,though.
Pros
lots of staff events
Cons
lack of communication with managers
Arrived and had to wait a while until let in the building. Learned about retail and that it is not for me. Management seemed to make the rules up as they went but learned the powers that be were changeing them to suit. Worked every weekend and had no social time with my family. The best part of the job was the friends I made.
Pros
Cons
Worked every weekend
There was a wide range of employees, staff was always welcoming and understanding. No matter what I always had someone that made my shift much more enjoyable, almost always a great group of staff.
Managers hound you when you're already in the middle of trying to do something on the floor, your availability hours aren't respected; cashiers get called in the middle of their high school classes, people get scheduled outside of their listed availability, such as during school. I've had to put in 6 time change sheets as I'm not available on certain days and they still schedule me in on those days. One manager disrespects the female employees unless they're fellow managers. Only the girls are hounded by him and he let's the boys get away with some things that girls wouldn't. He also made a comment about a bakery employee to her face based upon what she was wearing (which was what she was wearing at her salon job, which she had to go to Walmart from immediately because they scheduled her in on Saturdays when she wasn't available Saturdays).
Pros
Good amount of breaks, decent pay for a high school student
Cons
Disrespectful managers
Given much heavier load to carry than other areas in the store, expected more from the backroom employees covering other areas of the store while attending to the normal jobs.
At Walmart I work in the fashion department. A typical shift for me includes assisting customers needs and solving any conflicts. Ensuring the fashion department is clean and tidy. I also Help out in various other departments when needed.
-Responsible for produce/bakery/deli department. Often cleaning and sanitary procedures as well as stocking shelves and nightly prep work. -Learned a lot about food preparation
A typical day at work consisted of me filling prescriptions, dealing with customers and greeting new patients to the pharmacy. Then I would help out the OTC orders (stock the shelves) once the pharmacy was not so busy. Lastly, I would do the end of the day duties (garbage, cleaning up, locking up) and head home. I learned how to identify what certain drugs do to people, how most effect us and how they work, and I also learned how to use pharmaceutical computer programs such as Kroll and Connexus. The hardest part of my job was having to deal with the angry clients is their drug benefits were not going through (meaning they would have to pay full price or take their card elsewhere) because it is hard to explain to the client that it is not our fault. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things every day.
It was a fun place to work. Management were nice and supportive. The best part of my job was the other employees
Pros
discount card
Cons
not enough hours