Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Etobicoke, ON

A good Place to Work and Build Career. The Management team is cooperative. It is a good place for students to work part-time. It accommodates the schedule needs.
There's groupism.. nepotism.. you name any type of favoritism, they have it.. they have more variety in favoritism than they have in the race of employees hired.
Pros
Skill add, looks good on CV
Cons
Too many to list
Room for improvement in the work/life balance. Also, could change up the pay scales for different sites. Increase the benefits to cover all meds, not some. Most people are good to relate to on a daily basis.
At first a very fair workplace. However, as time went on the management had changed for the worse. As the new management was much more strict in the sense that they would be ridiculing you over everything and anything. Eventually the staff I had initially started to work with left or had been fired due to no good reasons. Evidently this leads to this specific Walmarts downfall as they had spiraled down as their productivity has been reduced significantly. Indicated by the empty shelves all over the store ever since new management came into play.
It’s fun working on this place, coworkers are friendly and helpful. Managers do a great job. It’s a multicultural place that I enjoy so much. Store is been renovated and started to look amazing
Management level staff is very friendly with employees,they are ready to teach anything you want. According to me, i'm very happy to working with them.
The workplace is fine, i've learned a lot of great customer service skills such as the 5 foot rule. Management is very encouraging and supportive. The hardest part of the job was probably standing for long amount of times. They give ample amount of time to stretch and are very understanding of this part of the job.
This place has taught me the foundation of what it takes to become a Manager and to grow my skills in ways I could not have done by myself in such a time. I enjoyed working at Walmart because of the culture we had established throughout the years. The most enjoyable part of working at Walmart was being able to enjoy the time being there and working productively. From being an associate to becoming a member of the management I had learned what it feels like to be on both ends of the spectrum. It was a vital learning experience.
None to very little training, poor culture as this company in any store is run with favoritism and I found some departmental supervisors are racist. Also poor hours and they give best hours to the favorite employees.
Pros
Cons
Management favors some employees and poor schedules, poor work hours.
Currently working at Walmart as a merchandising associaite part time. Stocking up shelves and putting products where they need to belong. Also, reistering new products and putting new sale price tags on shelves.
Diverse working culture with friendly manager and always coworkers helping in each and every task of one another love working in Walmart excellent employer benefits
A typical day is an 8-hour shift. I learned how to keep the store clean and how to restock shopping carts. Management was ok. The hardest part was working in the sun. The most enjoyable part was walking around the store.
Pros
Discount at walmart
Cons
Working in the sun
Nice to work over there having good management system. Easy to locate everything as there is proper distribution of sources. Further staff is very humble and cooperative.
I've found it to be clean every time I have gone They have competitive prices, tons of things and it's cheaper than almost all the big supermarkets. Fresh produce, meat, etc. Plus they'll match literally ANY flyer that you bring, or anything you pull up on line with apps like Flipp.
On a typical night, would review truck deliveries in collaboration with the overnight duty mgr. conduct meeting w/associates and assign wok departments. What I have learned that team work and respect is always an important as aspect in any business. Management is supportive of their associates and there is a culture of teamwork and respect which I have enjoyed most. The hardest part of the job is keeping the associates from any injury or accident in view of the nature of our work. Hence, they are constantly reminded to work safe by following health and safety guidelines/procedure.
Pros
benefits, career opportunity
Cons
work hours ie. overnight
I worked at Walmart as a stock associate, only for about 3 months. The staff was friendly and nice. I was only seasonal but the work wasn't to hard. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to stock in the back of the store where shipping & receiving was.
Fun place to work at, alot of lazy coworkers and managers though. Did not get paid wnough for all the work that was required and extras added on. Benefits are great
Decent job for those looking for a part-time job whilst at school. Management could make an associate mad, however its only an entry level job so do as your may.
Outside of a handful of managers, working at Walmart had been a predictable, overbearing experience and felt very underpaid on more than one occasion.
Gives good entry level experience to people joining the workforce values and HR are highly valued Offer a flexible work schedule
The work place was always kept clean and maintained very well, coworkers were always accepting and helpful. The shifts were consistent and pay was good, management always kept an eye on the employees and kept us safe and up to date on all things going on at work.
Pros
Good benefits, Safe, Good pay
Cons
Sometimes interfered with school