Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Edson, AB

i loved working here i have the best time here got along with everyone it was hard on your feet n back but the friendly people u would meet always made up for it i loved it there n would go back to work there
Would recommend anyone looking for job experience to apply. They are for the most easy to work with however the brush off harassment in the workplace and at some points you get to go to work with your head down do your job and go home eventually you dread going to work. While working I was not aware of the management/ team belittling until I made management. That is why I left.
Some store are great but of you get a store that hates the LP it's the worse feeling ever but other stores that love make you feel wanted around and feel like are apart of the team
jobs were simple and easy to complete non stress eviroment, great for being introduced to the work place, always something to do, no job I was given exceeded my capabilities.
I greeted the customers and rang them through with their purchases as the came to my till. When not busy, I would straighten out the clothes in ladies wear.
Pros
Fun people to work with
Cons
Worked till about 10:00 pm at times
Was a well organised store that I believed was understanding and dedicated their hard work to serving and helping customers get what they needed also help save money.
I worked stocking shelves according to Walmart policies. I unpacked and stocked the items making sure the items were placed correctly. The team was always working to get the job done and if someone wasn't finished another would come and help.
Walmart for me was a good experience. I loved working there but the wage wasnt worth the hassle or torment that i endured. there were associates that were hired after I had worked there for three years making more than i was. when ever there was an increase in minimum wage the new associated getting hired would get the increase but no one else. so there is a bunch of associates working for less than minimum wage. they will not allow any flexibility (even though they tell you that they have flexible hours)
I enjoy working with the public and have learned valuable retail experience with Walmart. I manage a team of 10-20. I have managed up to 50 people at one time.
It was always a high paced environment. Customer volume was high, which gave plenty of opportunity for new challenges. Management was always on hand for assistance.
Day to day I worked as a cashier. I learned about customer service, returns and exchanges. I learned cash flow management processes as well throughout my time there.
It's Walmart what are you gonna expect. It's an okay workplace. Good staff and employees worked well together. Good hours
not much to say about it other then its an ok place to work at. Management is ok for the most part. it can be a stressful place to work at as you have to deal with a lot of people that are not the politest at times.
I have to give credit to walmart it is truly a good company a typical day would be getting the keys from the front taking them in the back doing counts in my department to make sure everything is still there my manager was great understanding and all very joyful my co-workers didn't quite like me a couple didn't like me but the rest enjoyed my time being there the hardest part of the jobs was mods and when we had to take everything off the shelfs and put it back there the most enjoyable was relaxing and getting customers easy choices between devices they can choice lets say for a printer
Pros
flexible hours
It was an okay company to work for. There is chances for advancement. They can be too many politics and it can feel like you are in high school. But for the most part I enjoyed my job and learning all the things that I have learned while I was there.
I personally found Walmart to be more of a hassle to work for than a pleasure. The schedules were always a mess, they took no interest in family emergencies. Their benefits were not what they said for them to be, overall I believe the only good thing out of it was more experience with my customers.
Cons
Rude managers/ unfriendly with their customers
typical day at work consists of delegation to shifts over which i bear responsibility, problem solving and prioritizing based on stores present liabilities, and co-operating with the management team to ensure productivity of store processes. i learned a lot about associate relations during my time working here, as well as how to gauge proficiencies and encourage associates to go the extra mile, and how to work more effectively under pressure. in my two and a half years working for Wal-Mart , my store has been managed by a total of 3 store managers changing almost annually, but despite this high rate of fluctuating management styles i must admit that due to the companies solid belief system it does maintain a fair amount of solidarity. however i must conclude that such high fluctuation has a lot to do with its high turn-over rate. what i enjoy most about my job is the constant challenge to improve, and adapt to the situation at hand. it has been a constant pleasure to find new ways to fulfill my duties in a constantly changing work environment and i look forward to applying these skills elsewhere. the most difficult part of my job has been keeping a high morale with associates while constantly being understaffed.
Pros
10 percent discount on most all merchandise. like to promote from within
Cons
high turn-over rate. viewed heavily as a temporary vocation. constant worker shortage.
As an employee of Walmart I was able to learn the skills needed in order to become a customer service manager. The store manager and assistant managers were very observant of everyones skills and made sure to reward them for it. Each day is different because you don't know what kinds of situations are going to come up at any given moment. Most of the other employees were friendly, helpful and willing to be flexible with shifts and jobs. The hardest part of my job at Walmart was managing the schedule. I enjoyed the challenge of trying to give everyone the proper hours and days but sometimes it didn't work out. The most enjoyable part of my job was how fast paced and different each day was.
Pros
store discount card for you and your spouse.
Cons
sometimes split shifts.
-I would start at 8:30am and work tell 2pm 2 days a week-Organization, merchandising skills, and all about movie companiesManagement didn't invalved much unless there was a problem-I worked alone for CIM but had Walmart employees around me-The hardest part of the job would be making the Manager happy at the Walmart during Christmas. Lots to deal with and I only had so many hours to work to make it happen. CIM need to give more Christmas hours-The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people, getting free products (movies) and it was
Pros
not stressful and it was organised
Cons
more hours would have been nice