Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Edmonton, AB

Depending on where you want to go in a career, this can be a good starting point but I wouldn't recommend it to a creative mind as the tasks can get very repetitive and unsatisfying.
Pros
Staff discount after 3 months
Cons
Weird hours depending on department
Training was via computer then put on the floor. No Managers to ask for help or for training. Very poor communications and work ethic. Lots of walking involved.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Everything else
I noticed numerous violations of labour law and flat out violations of human rights. The management laughed in my face when I brought these things to there attention.
Cons
Very busy place to work. Managers are always watching you.You have to learn and train yourself if you can't find anyone who is not to busy to train you. I have to learn almost everything on my own when I first started working at Walmart. When they switches over to a new way of working as in WOW things changes for the worst and no one was happy with the changes but it all worked out as everyone had to try their best and get used to the new ways of working.
Pros
Free lunches every few months
Cons
not enough hours or pay.
The job is not hard and i can adapt easily, my co-workers are very helpful and also the management. What i learned is that you have to be patient in all aspects specially when dealing with customers.
Pros
good management
Cons
short hours
I learned so much from Walmart. its a really good company.i start my career as a cashier and get higher positions. work as a department manager and customer service manager.most enjoyable part is to work as a team and helping customers.
Working here, I had various different people managing the day to day events which made it confusing and varied often. I had many management issues with schooling and life events. Getting time off was a difficult process even for one day.
Pros
Coworkers are Kind, Varied Work Level
Cons
Management, Time Off
J’ai travaillé 3 ans à un WalMart d’Edmonton. Facilité d’emploi et très instructif. Le salaire est inégal selon la provenance des personnes. J’ai été déçue de ce côté. Par contre, j’ai aimé travaillé dans ce milieu et eu beaucoup de plaisir en travaillant. Même aujourd’hui j’ai une déformation professionnelle de vouloir replacer les vêtements quand je magasine.
Pros
Travailler dans différents départements afin de connaître le magasin
Cons
Le salaire
Working for Walmart was the best experience ever.The way they included everyone, never left anyone behind and checking up on their employees to make sure everything is good
I started my career at Walmart and wanted to finish it off there, but it did not happen. I guess destiny had a part to play. Hard work and faithfulness towards duty will get you going despite the bad bugs,
benefits
Cons
limited hrs
The management team were not very kind. But I did enjoy my work and what I did. The location I worked at didn’t care much for new employees. And that has led to me not working there any longer.
good workplace for career growth and learndabout customer service skills Got opportunity to enhance my skills with Department Management 101 training for front end
I love working at Walmart. An overall very good place to start your career and very good wages and friendly co-workers and the environment. the number of hours offered for working is between 20 to 40 per week.
The place is really nice. I have learned many thimgs over there. Everyone is very cooperative. Proper breaks are provided to us. Everyone is very helpful
I was hired to work at this place during the pandemic, which is still ongoing. I was hired as a temporary employee, and was told that we would get a chance to become a full hire, but rather than risk actually training any of us temps and having to give *gasp* health benefits during a pandemic we were monkey work to do and then fired once our contracts were up. Hiring 30 people at a time during a pandemic and churning through them like clockwork, while clapping each other on the back. That's Wal-Mart!
All good , learning experience Hiring and recruiting high-performance teams and work within overall store and all departments Overall good experience
I worked for a third party company, under contact with Walmart. Management couldn't agree what work I had to prioritize, which caused delays in built building. Subpar communication from both companies, as well as OSL management having favorites.
1. Almost all days are busy as walmart sell their good products to their customers. 2. I have learn't alot of things like how to deal with different people. 3. Management is excellent all the managers do their work with full dedication.
Très chanceuse d'avoir travailler chez Walmart. Bonne ambiance Des collègues très chaleureux.
Store Manager at the time was not very people friendly, floor team was great. everyone partnered to get the job done. I worked in seasonal and spent a lot of time outside, that was the most enjoyable for me.
I worked in Fort Saskatchewan Walmart. Then transfered with the produce manager to the Capilano Mall Walmart. Before our Dept opened I worked in Toys then the Food Dept. Im a real people person so it's a great store for that type of person. The managers we all very supportive & help out if needed. I love working there. But we decided to move back to BC.