Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Duncan, BC

Job and management great! Covid-19 introduced lots of confusing messages! Customers make the job stressful! They verbally abuse the workers; swear; harass and insult immigrants!
Pros
Workers try hard; happy; smiling
Cons
Not enough employees to do a good job
As each workplace and job - it all depends on your manager and team you work with. I try and pick through managers to find ones I really enjoy and stick close to them, but my store is great. The managers are compassionate if you’re a hard worker and aren’t flakey, it’s easy to not be flakey. What’s frustrating is they keep lazy workers, but they seem to want to fix it now that they realize it’s becoming a rampant issue. As long as you find good coworkers and managers, I really enjoy this job
Pros
Excellent team, good communication, ability to work on your own
Cons
Stressful, unrealistic expectations, poor team work sometimes
I worked part time with Walmart, and I loved it. The only reason I left were for personal reasons. but everyone was friendly and I learned a lot about myself and all the different people that come in and out of Walmart
Pros
Friendly
Cons
everything is by computer
Zero regard for your life outside of work, barely any support in regards to your training, I worked there for less then a month and was left to effectively run a department by myself.
working in a part time position was sometimes hard with school so i only worked half shift most of the time. i would help customers look for things and help out other departments.
Working at Walmart was very stressful for me because the environment included lack of respect from your managers and the duty store managers. They place more importance on pushing the customer thru as fast as you can, and interaction with the customer they want you to limit. I didn't enjoy the position as much as I thought I would because of the stress and being a mom (they are adults now) with 5 kids, I could handle a lot of stress.
Good place for working if you want to communicate to others and friendly co-worker and managers and have a discount card if you work after while and have eligibility.
Do not work here. They work you to the bone and they don’t care. I was part time and was still asked to do over 40 hours a week with zero benefits. Bad company
I worked night shift in the dairy/ freezer department and it was very interesting because we had a lot to do for both sections! besides the fact of remembering where everything is, we had to make everything look nice and neat for the next day!
U derstamdthat basic family emergency happen. The company is wonderful. But i thunk management and CEO need more communication, they favor the ones they want and need to open their options of new employees.
The hours are pumped out by the system, supervisor manager have zero authority to change it. Unwilling to work with you and you’re schedule to balance home life and university.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
Unhelpful supervisors
The Short time that i was with Walmart was satisfactory. The Managers were very helpful in teaching me new ways of Merchandising and techniques,The staff and managers were very friendly
Pros
friendly staff and managers
Cons
not enough hours to support myself
I feel like a lot was asked for a one person job. They did not allow team work to get big tasks done. Not enough time to get a task done. They could have approached things differently, if they wanted it done very specifically.
Pros
Get off early
Cons
Work such an early time
I was position in different jobs, like cashier, stocking, floors associate, ordering for departments, training other associates, and unloading trucks. I learned so much for working with Walmart. I loved the people that I got to work with, and the shoppers. It was like a big family. The management taught me how to stock, unload the trucks, use the telxon gun, pricing, labeling, ordering, and giving me a chance to work all over the store.
Pros
Being taught the ins and outs of working for retail.
Although I do not think Walmart is a great place to work I can not deny that it is a very good starter job because they teach a lot of basic jobs like how to handle money.
It was hard work felt like it was a thankless job. The Magement was never able to get things done. Second it felt like I wasn't even a person there I was just a number
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Bad Management
Everyone is extremely friendly at Walmart and you'll feel more then welcomed and they have great benefits, you'll most likely be trained for multiple departments and you get trained by the sweetest and simplest people (:
Nice place with good people you can trust. Enjoyed me time here. If you are starting out of school or looking for employment while attending college, it is a great place to start. When there is a good Management team you couldn't ask for better. But unless you are short timing or Manager potential ensure you plan an alternate work.
Pros
Goodpeople
Cons
Hours and expectations
Alright if you don't mind hard work, with little pay. I have been working for Walmart for over 3 years and am making the same pay as workers that are being hired today. On top of that I have a total of 6 years retail experience to get just above min wage. what a joke.
Pros
Hours if your willing to go above and beyond
Cons
Management has unrealistic expectations/Dosen't deal with poor performance so results can improve.
Amazing place to work when it comes to benefits and availability. They are willing to work around your life. Management needs a lot of work. 10% discount was nice. They have an amazing open door policy.
Pros
Good salary and many shifts
Cons
Management.
The first couple of years was great but it gradually becomes bad to the point that Supervisors and Managers are pushing associates especially the Front-end associates to push customers to apply for the company's credit card and that came to worst that the Managers are threatening cashiers of losing their hours and/or they can be moved to a different departments. That's horrible! Lots of good old employees are gone because of the worst Managers in town.
Pros
Associates have 10% discount in the store
Cons
Worst Management/Managers