Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Dryden, ON

Under different management. Bad management when I was there. The area I worked was great. The ones I worked with were great, knowledgeable. Great customer service people.
I feel great to work at Walmart. My management team is really supportive. They have flexible schedule to work as suits to your need. You can grow your career really fast.
good place to work nice people being a cashier sucks managers need to get there acts together and coordinate better otherwise not a bad environment to work at
Pros
free lunches
Cons
I enjoy a day at work, it keeps me going everyday and it keeps me happy knowing that I will be providing for my own in a few years. I've learned that I have to work with people even if they disagree with me. The hardest part of the job would probably be lifting heavy equipment. The most enjoyable part would probably be my lunch breaks and half off every time.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hours.
Walmart is a good place to work they provide plenty of hours as long as good benefits if you can get a full time position most managers that are employed are helpful and respectful
very little recognition. Absolutely no work life balance Personal days have to be booked 3 weeks in advance. Racially biased AGAINST white people Randomly changes polices that where working don't like it you can quit Runs on a less than bare bone staff to "save you money"previously dangled carrots of certification were offered, insisting it would guarantee a graduation into higher pay, but once hired, no one was given the opportunity to complete the extra training, and thus all employees were left to stagnate with no hope of increased pay. This company values their own profitability even at the expense of recognizing experience.
Pros
Not to sure
Cons
They weren't very nice
Left for school and returned. Was trained for all departments Cashier, Garden Center Associate, Electronic Associate. Handle money on a constant basis, dealt with customers, balanced shifts, closed out store.
if you invest in your benefits they are superb! I would continue to keep working here but I am moving across the province so I need to secure a job down south. I loved working here, they brought snacks and lunches every once in a while and had free coffee, which on nights is a blessing. They helped out a woman who worked with us when she was diagnosed with cancer. Was thoughtful of them, and kept everything confidential that she did not want shared. Good form of respect you do not come by frequently. They have an annual bonus of up to $2000 before taxes for full time employees who have remained with them for over a year. Part-time receive bonuses too just a percentage based upon your hours of work you put in over the fiscal I would have to assume.
Pros
always busy, bonuses
Cons
can be very, very hot; or very, very cold
The saddest time i experienced was having to leave due to medical reasons as i had put 5 years in total with this company,I started as a cashier for a year,then worked as a sales-floor associate for a year then I worked sports department selling fishing n hunting licenses and providing customer service to all Walmart Canada customers it was a great experience and I will forever remember it.
Pros
I learned how to effectively be a part of a management team, I got to utilize all my skills and training hands on with my crew.
Cons
I fell ill and unfortunately had to move home to Hamilton, to get the proper medical care as my family physician is here!
Loved working for walmart, I am a hard worker, give customer service and love helping people.
Pros
Advancements
Cons
no cons