Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Drumheller, AB

i worked with individuals that had put up with management repeatedly. Management was quite undesirable and very off track with no actual coordination and team effort just inconvenient Quotas that where conceivable.
Management is completely unfair when you are working there, they pick and choose favourites, and it’s Very obvious who their favourites are Overall is was a good job, management could be better.
Fair, trustworthy and a caring place to work . Costumers come 1st. I enjoyed my 14.9 years with them am proud to recommend them to anyone, and would be like the opportunity to work for them again. I working with people, customers and people alike.
Without being transferable the highest level of advancement is assistant Manager. The business is changing and it is for the good of the customer. Some positions are more appealing than others depending on your work life balance.
Pros
The job can be fun
Cons
Turnover
Working at Wal-Mart was a great way to meet new people, very easy going team members and an enjoyable way to learn new skills. the managers were very understanding and had a very hard work ethic, keeping a balanced work place environment and very organized.
Pros
Hard working associates and the discount is a bonus.
As with any job, this can be a good company to work for. Despite the fact that people don`t agree with the wages paid to employees, this company does do a lot for communities (food drives, Breakfast Club of Canada, etc.)
Great job but the hours just aren't there. Some work is hard but other times is easy as pie. Enjoy the group of people I work with. No one is in a bad mood
Pros
Laugh and carry on with staff
Cons
Not enough hours to keep all the bills paid
A typical day at work consisted of helping customers look for products they needed and teaching them how they work if they didn't understand. At this job, I learned how to optimize my time by helping numerous customers in a short time frame and stocking shelves when there were no customers. Management at the store I worked at was less than optimal, they lacked proper communication, policies were often being changed or brought up and half of the work force would be uninformed about said changes until they were being scolded by their superiors for doing something they were supposed to do before, but was suddenly not allowed. My co-workers in the Electronics department were alright, only two of them were really helpful though, the other two were dead weight. The hardest part of the job was dealing with customers, solely on the basis that they always need to be right and when I would try to teach them how to use an item, they never bothered to listen and just scoffed at me. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I had the odd customer come in that would engage me in an actual conversation, one that wanted to learn about the items that were on sale and wanted to work with me to get the best deal.
Pros
10% discount in the store
Cons
Inconsistent work schedule, lack of work hours, low salary, no benefits for part-time workers