Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Drayton Valley, AB

Walmart wouldn’t let me take more time off for work and basically forced to quit after my mom died, they weren’t very companionate about me losing my mother and i was a minor so i needed time
Overall I liked working at Walmart the team I worked with was easy going and fun. I recommend working here. I had to move away so that is why I no longer work there.
The experience was overall positive. The responsibilities provided in my role were engaging and varied. I considered myself part of a team and had a lot of support from my fellow employees.
I love working for Walmart Canada. This company cares for its employees and offers a vast array of benefits. The care for its customers are second to none. I can rave about my store because I live it and see it everyday.
Management sucked, was given a promotion and they took it away without telling me then proceeded to give it to another employee and stop talking to me, create opposite schedules so I couldn’t confront them. Wouldn’t work there ever again.
Pushing carts isn't that hard until it gets busy and winter arrives, this makes the job itself a lot more demanding and exhausting. Our store is filled with the most friendly and amazing associates, if anyone needed help they would ask an associate and be helped ASAP. Although one problem is that it is a small store and most of the time we have been understaffed, unable to help the customers as much as we needed to, but we try our best.
Progression is very slow at Wal-Mart, the benefits are awful. They want to get away with everything as cheaply as possible and it makes it harder to do your job when they cut so many corners to save some pennies.
Pros
Good job security if you're a good worker.
Cons
Heartless management.
Usually 7-8.5 hour shifts. Usually half hour lunch break and 1-2 15 minute breaks. These breaks were mandatory which could prove disruptive especially on more busy days.
it is nice to work with people that fair for treatment, but sometime you will not get that, that management be aware of work schedules to be fair to everyone.
great management support. friendly staff. but less wages. overall a good learning experience. Managers are very supportive except the security staff..
Busy fast paced and friendly work days where you are expected to learn fast and adapt quick to help your team achieve their goals for the day. Great place to work .
Pros
benefits and associate discounts
Overall good place...coworkers were good to be around. Some advancement ops but very little training was provided. Would have been better if the training was better.
During my stay at Walmart, I've learned that there's always a way to keep yourself busy while adapting to routines. On an average day, working at the Drayton Valley Walmart, it can get busy enough to make the time pass. The Management there varies depending on the manager, though all show the best of intentions of giving the drive to all Associates. The Hardest part of the job was mostly the traveling between there and home. What I have enjoyed from working there were the benefits and the employee discounts.
Pros
Free occasional lunches
Cons
Scattered schedules, difficult to make a routine.
did my best I could while at work did not train employees does not give any recognition does not discipline bad employees does not give raises when deserved would never work there again
Pros
nice people
Cons
too much work for little pay
got to work, did facing of products for the most part, got to go outside to collect arts which was the best part also got to meet a lot of lovely people and help them if need be. As store standards it was my job to keep the place clean.
Pros
got to meet lots of new people and work outside
Cons
had to work inside also
Typical retail stocking job. Pay increases are terrible, high turnover and very busy. Hours are great if you are working another job, too.
Co workers where easy to get along with, x-mas time was a busy time for us but you learn to be fast at what you do all while making sure the people at your till where happy and found what they needed. some days i would be called back to other parts of the store to help out.
Pros
15 min breaks
Cons
Didnt get paid for lunch
I liked coming into work everyday because I liked what I did as a Pantry worker (coolers/freezers and stocking food onto shelves) because I'm built for heavy lifting and I learned a lot from the whmis training. Management was great, always looked over the associates and kept us motivated for another day of work, and my co-workers were very friendly towards everyone they came across.
Pros
3 breaks for an 8hr day
Cons
short breaks
I like working I like meeting new people. I like to keep busy.
Pros
an hour for lunch
Cons
not enough hours