Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Dorval, QC

Walmart is a good company for Associates. It is essential store where atmosphere of working is good.It provides facilitates for employees to develop their strength
Pros
Nearby Home
Cons
Physical Hardwork
Although i might not recommend walmart to any of my friends, i do not regret my time there because it taught me work ethic and discipline. My shifts were very busy with always more work to be done.
Working here will require you to learn many varied skills. You will gain skills in time management, setting priorities, and communication. Customer service skills a must, and a strong backbone to maintain composure in the face of abusive customers.
Co-workers were very helpful and friendly, a typical day usually went by fast if you get productive. I learnt how to handle cash registers and customer service techniques, and overall it was very enjoyable.
Working at Walmart Canada was a great experience. The training process is excellent. A lot of physical work, though the flexible hours are a perk, good benefits.
Working for Walmart was a good experience. There wasn't enough employees to do the work. The regular staff was overloaded with daily duties that were impossible to complete. The rate of pay was very poor especially for someone who has an education.
I've been working at Walmart for 5 year and I have nothing but good memories in terms of management and positions. If you show responsibility and simply do your job, they will encourage you to expand in the company. I've gone from cashier to sales floor to department manager in the 4 years that I've worked there. It's a good place for someone of any age.
really nice work environnement and great costumer service.
If you are good with sales and customer service this job is for you. There is sales stress and pressure put on you to make sales, Overall a good job for a proactive person
Pros
Commission, salary, good environment
Cons
sales stress
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?
while working at Walmart i learned how to socialize with all sorts of people and learn about one another. i also learned how to balance a cash. the hardest part about working at Walmart was not being able to give the costumer what he /she waned. the most enjoyable part of the job was helping and communicating with the costumers and my fellow employees as well.
Pros
nice break time.
Cons
in morning we get straight to placing medication on the shelves also the laboratory, and we offer costumer service at all time. lunch break we took turns paying for food. and closing was always on time.
Majority of team is young, mostly English speaking. Management isn't completely organized, and your position isn't guaranteed; scheduling can be difficult with special circumstances (ex.: night school, classes on sat)
Pros
short shifts
Cons
frequently lacking staff
un emploie plutôt ordinaire je dirais, un manque d'employer sur l'aire de vente
The store is desperately understaffed, you will be doing the job of minimum 3 people at the same time and get no recognition what so ever. No security, high rate of stealing. The pay is very low, and they want to compromise that with an annual bonus that we actually never get. For the past three years that I have been working there, I have never received a single dollar. Super cheap company. Not a single person in management is actually educated and knows how to run a store and employees. Employees are not secured, you will have to go through lots and lots of injustice through the customers and your management. Money is constantly given freely to the customers for no reason (customer satisfaction) but the store can't afford anything for its employees. You will stay over time, you almost never finish on the due time.
I found that the people who work there are amazing, but the management needs inprovement.
Avoir des discussions avec les clients que je croisé, mais transpoter les sacs plus lourd c'étais énorément difficile.
Pros
repas gratuit
Cons
pas beaucoup de pauses
I have occupied three positions at Walmart Dorval. Every day consist of helping our customers and make sure they are satisfied and if they are not we try and find a solution for them. We make sure of the safety of the customer as well as the employees. We pass customers at our cashes with a smile and help them in customer service for the returns. I have learned to use certain work tools that we need to complete our jobs, I have learned new tricks to lift and transports heavy items I have also learned to better myself not only as a person but as a fellow employee and co-worked. Our management was great. They answered our questions, they would help us find a situation to any problem we had. They would give you a hand when you needed it and they were not afraid to work like one of us. My co-workers, well we were like a family. We would help each other out, we learned things from each other, we would make our work shifts enjoyable and fun when we can. The hardest part of the job would have to be when we had no customer because then you need to find something to do and it's not always easy when everything that needs to be done is already finished and completed, but we always managed. The most enjoyable part of the job are the breaks, the great team effort and our employees moments. We had fun, we laughed a lot and it made our jobs fun.
Pros
insurance
Cons
lack of employees and slow days