Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Dartmouth, NS

It feels good working with this company. Good environment inside. Everybody is so supportive and helpful. No job stress. Provide free 15 minute breaks.
Pros
Paid Breaks
Cons
We started the day by taking the orders to the customers whenever the time they are scheduled for. We learned how to place the orders on right place and how to arrange the order when the customer arrives.
Walmart created a great place to gain experience, because it was so big so you could expand your knowledge and work in different sections of Walmart rather that be more people oriented with conversing and helping people.
This job is alright if you like fast and slow periods and inconsistent scheduling. Full time is 25 hours a week which is not enough to live on. As well the managers are not often willing to work with you to resolve scheduling conflict.
I would assign duites to my staff, deal withcustomers concerns. stock shelfs and order merchandise, along with varies management duites. as well I would do paperwork and all duites that were assigned in the retail gun for price changes and fixing on hands.
meeting the crew as refreshing and the atmosphere was mostly positive. Everyone was so welcoming and most days you would have pride going into work. would go back and work if i could
Friendly atmosphere. Good work culture. No firing. Managers attitude very friendly. Time to time training arrangements. Most of the job part time. Need to improve salary scale.
Good place to work..management works with the associates. Just didn't get enough hours to stay working there. Many people have the same issue, fairly big turnover
benefits
Cons
not enough hours
management has a big impact on the staff, employees would like to feel respected and valued, management walks all over their staff and isn't very respectful
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?
Walmart is a great employer and environment to work in ,every body is supportive and kind ,there are days that get very stressful and busy but with the support of every one things get under control,the management is great specially when I got sick and had to be on medical leave they were very understanding ,during Christmas times we always have free lunch and Christmas gifts , its hard when the pharmacist work without help specially in the morning
Pros
supportive environment
Cons
pharmacist has to work many hours alone
Don't work here if you expect to have a pleasant work experience. The Managerial team is very unreliable. Working with your schedule so that you are there the days you need to be and if you have things like Children,dependent pets or take care of an elderly family Member They will make it very difficult to cope with these issues and will schedule when THEY want you.
Pros
Air conditioned area.
Cons
Long hours, non appreciative staff, Terrible managers, Rude and or fussy customers, Demanding.
Nice people, despite the age gap. Flexible Scheduling. Lots of hours even as a part time student I got 27-35hrs/ weekly. Time off requests are usually given, as long as its reasonable.
Pros
Discount, 10% off
Cons
Long hours with short breaks
Walmart is a difficult company to work for sometimes. You MUST push the Walmart Mastercard on customers to sometimes the point of discomfort on both ends. Most of my managers throughout my time there have been intimidating - I personally was threatened by my front-end manager that if I did not pick up my Mastercard sales, my hours would be cut. The only reason I have stayed at this job for so long is the yearly bonus and 10% discount we get. Walmart is an OK job for the interim, but not a good one for the long term. Also, make sure you have a thick skin- you're going to need it.
Pros
Yearly stakeholders bonus, discount card, closed on most holidays, relatively flexible hours
Cons
Mastercard sales expectations, pay, lack of promotion opportunities, poor management, cashiers are not really showed gratitude or appreciation
Management was terrible. She favoured the men and always had it out for me since the beginning. The employees were two faced, not all of them, but most of them. They would be so kind and nice to your face but then say terrible things about you to other people. Not a positive work environment at all.
Pros
11 dollars an hour
Cons
evrything
It was just a job, the people i worked with were nice but as for the pay, hours, and reliableity it was bad. they latterly layed off all the backshift people because they didn't need them anymore and some of them were working for over 1 year they don't care about there employees just about there money and that is it.
Pros
Cons
pay, rasies, hours.
Had the worst experience there. Only stayed as long as I did cause I had a child to take care of. Got to the point where my hrs were cut to nothing. Spent more in travel then I was making
Pros
Long lunch
Cons
Stupid hrs
I worked cash and sometimes helped on the floor. Worked in the clothes department sometimes, other times helped with displays. Worked during Christmas season when I was in high school. My first job. Paid student wage. Very busy time and customers get very restless sometimes. Working as a cashier was a pretty good job and pretty easy.
Pros
Discount
Cons
No benefits for part-time
I worked at Walmart for a few years. It was good for a first job but I found myself getting bored after the Christmas rush. Many of the people I worked with were fantastic, but this job just was not for me.
Ridiculously unorganized company. No training at all, hostile employees.Required to work until 11 and the buses stop running. Rude and cluesless management. I would ask for time off and they would always mess up the days. Very stressful and under staffed. Would not recommend to a friend.
Pros
Lots of Breaks
Cons
Poor Management and Mean coworkers
This company has taught me how to have patience with co-workers and customers. I mostly work in the Tire Lube center changing tires and oil, occasionally a battery or two. When not working on vehicles I spend time in the hardware department, zoning and putting away stock. Over all haven't had many complaints about the store, lovely people to work with and management is easy to get a long with and always understanding.
Pros
10% discount and profit sharing
Cons
Long travel to work, and never closes for snow storms
I have worked there for almost 8 years now. I love the people I work with and enjoy the customers. I show up to work for 6am and begin the daily routine of getting the baked goods out on display for the customers. In the bakery department I take orders, set displays, make sure the shelves do not go empty. In my department you stay on your toes. Fast paced.