Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Cranbrook, BC

The job is definitely good if someone is looking for a startup as an international student. However I would not look into yhis if you want to have a growth stability in the job.
For a first job it will provide you with some skills that will be helpful in future careers (like customer service). However, after about a month of working here I have had a hard time getting up to go to work in the morning because the motivation to do my job just isn’t there. Management can be good, but it seems like that depends on if they really like you or not. I have always had good experiences with my managers, but I know people who have nothing but terrible things to say.
Pros
Good for learning
Cons
Almost everything else
Walmart gives everyone a chance to grow and learn. Walmart gave me knowledge, organisational skills. It's a great company for any age in the work force. Profit sharing is great. The company gives learning tools so a person can take on their journey of life.
Really excited when I first started, but was continually screwed out of the benefits (shorted me the hours right before qualifying for them). Management was a mixed bag, some were great and others were meh. Coworkers were amazing minus a couple of lifer grouches but even they had their good days too. Salary was awful for the stress they put us CSMs through, definitely deserved at least $16.00 per hour for the stuff that happened there. But it is a great way to get manager/supervisor experience.
It is feel like home environment. Everyone has a friendly nature and always ready to help you. All associate have smile on their face. They always gives respect and appreciate the work. Love ❤️ to work at Walmart.
not bad benefits and holiday pay but they have stupid high expectations and make employees feel useless when they don't reach these unrealistic goals.
Here I worked with a variety of people and we even had a cheer that was done before the shifts started. The people there are all very friendly and everyone does their part.
Pros
Social Interactions
Cons
Scheduling
I started working there in the grocery department, which i enjoyed. Then was moved over to fashion which i did not enjoy , was then transferred to cahier which i enjoyed. I was not getting enough hours.
Pros
enjoyed the customer service part
Cons
not enough hours and not good pay
Walmart is what you make it. If you are a strong worker and williness to go the extra steps, you will do well in this company. The incentives are great! Wages are higher than minimum wage and theres always room for advancement. Be positive and proactive and you will do well.
Pros
Incentives, Advancement, Store Manager
Cons
Negativity from staff - be proactive rather than reactive
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?
Low pay, growing workloads without added time to perform. Poor organization in store, low staff morale, working 9 days in a row at this wage was unacceptable.
Not sure why this is required. The above questions pretty much sum up any information that I could be expected to provide you with. This section should be optional.
Its a very busy work environment. lots of work to do at all times. must be great with the public as well as working with others. being physically fit will be a great benefit as there is lots of lifting and moving of heavy stock. for the most part the people you work with are very nice and fun to work with.
a typical day at work is greeting customers, scanning and bagging groceries and collecting payment. I learned how to greet customers and to try to upsell customers on the Walmart rewards credit card. the workplace culture I found to be enjoyable. All the cashiers have a friendly cooperation working together. The hardest part of the job can be assisting grouchy customers. The most enjoyable part of the job are the many many pleasant customers and the many nice chats.
Management lacked in training. I was hired for Maintenance Position I applied for as that was my background, and right before December, was told I was being moved to In Stock position, without warning and that I would no longer be on maintenance. This store did not care at the time. Management were wishy washy, and you never knew what to expect day in day out from them.
Pros
Cons
Lack of Management skills, employee fairness.
I had fun working here. I met a whole bunch of different people. You really get to know the community when working at Walmart. Everyone shops there! Literally everyone.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
typical day at work would be that you talk to all lot of people and ask if they need help and you help them the best as you could. what i learned about that job was how good i was helping out customers. the hardest part was dealing with rude people them yelling at you its your fault that you dont have what i want the most enjoyebale part was working with all the good people there
what i learned at this job was more people skills and to help customers with there phone troubles. some days there is very long because you are on your feet all day and no customers for you to talk about phones.the hardest part about the job was learning how to set up phones. the most enjoyed part of the job was the people i worked with
This is the one of the best place in all over the Canada and its make me happy by doing help of people and helps to boost communication skills as well.
Pros
Discount on grocery
Cons
Would be a great place to work if management listened more & communicated with each other & staff. Working with fellow associates was mainly enjoyable.
Pros
Fellow workers
Cons
No communication
not a fan of management or how the buisness is run, hiring more people when not needed and not doing anything when more people are needed
I personally didn't have the greatest experience working at Wal-mart. I found that the management wasn't at all how they make themselves out be during the orientation. Although it wasn't always terrible, the employees are very nice, the friends I made at this job are great people, we always made the day worth while. The beginning pay wasn't all that great. I'm glad for this job because I learned how to communicate with other people a lot better, it taught me to be less shy. The hardest part of this job was having to deal with rude customers, or angry customers.
Pros
Free food (occasionally)
Cons
Terrible pay, long hours, bad management