Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Courtenay, BC

As a cashier it was fun to work. Day passes fast by chatting with nice customers . The only negative thing was that they wanted us to sell Credit Cards also which was not easy because of other people waiting in line. Managers at my location were supportive. Lunch room was big and they often had free snacks for us.
Pros
Fun to work, time passes fast
Cons
Difficult to get a full time even after 3 months
I had an amazing experience working at Walmart. I learned a lot of things which includes team work and team building skills. The hardest part of job was timings.
I was employed for17 years. The place was great at first and slowly progress downhill withtime. All you are is anumber and can easily be replaced. I was capped at $15 hr and no sympathy for employees
Nice people and good management and they have really good infrastructure and As a Walmart employee I like to work with other. Moreover they have good facilities and insurance benefits.
perfect workplace to grow and learn the team is so energetic and management is friendly and supports the employees the workplace is clean and provides a positive work situation
Managers don’t care about your health they want work done at any cost. Resist people all over, even other departments teach you how to do work. They interfere every time
Pros
Break time
Cons
Harassment
I work every week. Good co-workers although some could act funny. Pay is okay because the company pays above the minimum wage. When you first start, a lot of hours but after, one could get six hours in a whole week which is bad. I rather you hire employees you can give at least 20 hrs a week.Customers sometimes try to find a reason to argue but I don’t let it get to me. Working here could also be stressful.
Pros
Somewhat good pay
Cons
Not enough hours
Was basically fired without just cause when I injured my wrist and couldn't work in department, was encouraged to not go to the doctors to have it looked it... to probably avoid a workers claim. Management played favorites, Job its self wasn't bad But had to clean up a huge mess when I moved departments including finding 1000$ of worth of expired product. Co workers were the only plus.
Pros
some good co-workers
working for Walmart is the best I love the staff and the people there I have no Issues with them I loved my job and I did it well I hope to go back some day.. thank you
This company has strange ideas in the tire and lube department it takes 2 guys to do a oil change and filter I know of a single mom had leak in one tire they needed a new tire but she should have to buy 4 tires the other 3 tires were like new I checked 4 other tire shops and they there's no need for that is this how they help the consumer there use to be 12 guys on this shop now it's down to 4 I wonder why
Pros
Cons
To many to mention
I am fully satisfied with working at Walmart as bakery associate. I have improved in different ways after reaching here. Since the other coworkers helped me to improve my language and confidence.
its my pleasure that i got a job at Walmart. its very good moreover its very respectful job and i never give up i always try good as i can do so i thankful to Walmart.
Constantly working, which I really enjoyed. Working with the same crew daily. Nightly work 11pm to 7am Enjoyable work community and environment. Supportive and encouraging management
Pros
constant work
Cons
overnights
There are definitely some good people. Except the odd snarky coworker. Especially during a afternoon rush, always be on guard for the long lines of people rushing in. Also that one angry coworker who tries to get literally everyone fired. 😂
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Snarky coworker
I love the people and the company it offers discount ,share options, and pay out on holiday pay as well as a raise after yearly review. I have learned all the codes for the produce items and the most enjoyable part of my job is working with the staff I work with. The culture is very eclectic ethnicity. The one thing for me that I find does't suit me are the hours from 7am to 11pm.
Pros
the staff
Cons
the hours and selling the walmart master card
They work with u to help u out to be the best. Got my certificates through them and tried out about 9 different positions. Average work day was nice because u meet customers.
This is an employer who appreciates hard work and will give you maximum hours. Excellent training program and efficient work culture. Managers are friendly and helpful. Co-workers work as a team.
always though about their employees, treat them all with respect, team players, fun days loved it there, loved holidays was my favor time working there
Pros
nice lunch room
Cons
depend on hours you get
Pretty nice place to work (depending on the store) Lots of really great people to work with. Little room for advancement.
Pros
Paid coffee breaks
Cons
Unpaid hour lunch
Working as a cashier is very tiring and very stressful. Our store has become very busy and we are so short on staff. Long long line-ups breaks running far behind and managment that doesnt seem to care. By the end of an 8 hour shift body is sore and extremely exhausted. Pay isnt great and raises are based on many things including how many mastercards you get. Only concern by management is mastercards.
Pros
Free lunch after 70 plus accident free days, some great co workers
Cons
Pay isnt great, hours arent great no benefits unless you are fulltime and this store doesnt hire full time
Hard place to work, very very busy, if you thrive under pressure this would be a great work environment. Management was not that great. I would book time off with 2 months in advance and they would not give it to me, and I would have to find people to cover on my own. Were patronizing and rude. Loved my coworkers.. we always had a lot of fun Customers were horrible and obnoxious.. I worked customer service desk and had a couple people throw things and was yelled at several times, however, that's possible to happen anywhere you work.
Pros
Some free lunches, "family" environment
Cons
long hours, busy day