Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Cornwall, ON

Walmart is good for a first job but cons were that it would take minimum 3 days to switch you shift with someone else, and when I first started I was working part time for 16-30 hours a week to less than 8 hours after my first year. The work was very easy and involves you to do some problem solving on your own but usually the customer service employees would come help you if you had any problems. Breaks also very depending on how long your shift is so you feel rejuvenated through the hole thing and they provide 11+ hours of modules before you start on the floor and 2 days of shadowing somebody on cash so you are well prepared which was very helpful.
Pros
Good breaks, easy work, lots of training
Cons
Unpredictable hours, shift changes, poor management
Not sure if it’s just the location, but working at Walmart was horrible. Management treats you poorly and yells at everyone constantly (especially when I was new and learning), customers cuss at you, the store is unorganized, and most of all they’re inconsiderate. I dreaded work each day. I think it could’ve been a lot better with different management, but I don’t know for sure. I recommend never working there.
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
Stated working for this company, love working but don't ask for more work when you run out, your TL gives attitude and will get you fired and lies about you. This TL has a poor work ethic and tells her worker to wing it.
A typical work day includes a fast paced atmosphere, weather it be in the cooler or in the dry room, Shipping or receiving.Workplace culture is to stay focused on your task and department duties.Hardest part of this job is probably lifting freight at 50lbs , not just one box but there might be many to fill an order.Most enjoyable part of this job is the people you work with,Different cultures,and people.
grate work experience, related to my field, i learned about the sustainability programs of Walmart, how it is beneficial for customers services and better life.
Coworkers were unmotivated and jealous of anyone who actually worked hard. Verbal harassment was common. While HR took complaints seriously and attempted to deal with issues, the harassers never got fired.
Pros
HR willing to work with you
Cons
Work culture is awful
I absolutely love working at Walmart just not getting enough hours so it’s time to find something new. I thank Walmart for the wonderful experience and all the amazing things they have taught me through the past few years.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Rude customers
If you want to work 60 hours per week with no overtime this is the place. 14 hours per day is what they expect. Don't hope to go home after a 12 hour day they will work you untill they say you can go home.
Best pay in town by far, but of course it comes with a price. The team leaders are hired off the street for the most part & have no idea what the job actually is like on the laborer. They're trained to focus on numbers on paper rather than the people performing the tasks that run the company which in turn creates a very hostile relationship for some workers and leaders. There is no hope for acquiring day-shift unless you take part-time or are okay with having a terrible schedule.
great workplace and great for any position. at Walmart everyone is valued and each position is important great job and great people to work with. I recommend this job to anyone looking.
Working for Walmart has been the most positive experience in my career. I have been very fortunate to work for some of the best leaders, which has helped me develop as a professional. I highly recommend working for Walmart.
Good working environment with a fair equal chance for everybody. Everyone is collaborating and specific about the work to be performed. Morever the colleagues are supportive to each other. Nice palce to work
lots of space to climb if you work hard in this company they train you until you are able to work alone you do have a quota to meet like most company's some days its hard other day very easy
Company has very high turn over. Management is "bass ackwards".. they claim to be "a company that cares" but in reality they dont give a rats behind... employees are just a number there... MAYBE 5 members actually know my NAME let alone anything else about me... knew my name let alon
For a company of this magnitude you come across a LOT of different people and its so refreshing especially working nights to be able to work with these amazing people and to all strive for the same goal of a safe, clean and by the "book" work environment. I 10/10 recommend Walmart Logistics to anyone and everyone that is looking for a fast paced, secure, safe, well paid job. Walmart offers a TON of help, benefits and are eager to listen and truly help their employees.
Managment Was Terrible and unorganized, the job is all and all easy but the lack of hours and friendliness of managment makes it a hard place to work,
Managers are friendly. I can keep a good relationship with the other workers. I can meet and make friendship with a lot of people in a single day at walmart
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No permanent schedule.
my overall experience at this company was good, the employees work well individually as well as in group situations. the hardest part of the job would be the fast-paced picking required.
do not do it..... the corporations talks out both sides of the mouth, policy changes all the time and there is no disciplne. the drivers are horrible and treated like they own the company! bunch of cry babies
Pros
nothing good about it
Cons
drivers are horrible
Not a great company to work for. Was a great company to work for once upon a time but the demands of Walmart has turned the management team into robots.
Good place to work if you don’t mind working long hours and physical work, management is good, but you need to learn who to go to for help or problem solving