Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Corner Brook, NL

Its an okay place to work. Obviously the customers aren't great but you're going to get that anywhere you work. My biggest issue with working here was they didn't care if you were sick, they wanted you in.
Pros
Easy job to do
Cons
Customers and management
Very stressful environment. They expect a lot especially from students but pay very little. Management is cruel and borderline abusive. Not worth it at all.
Pros
Always get scheduled breaks and lunch
Cons
Way too much work for the pay
Management does their best for the associates with their knowledge of everything in the workplace. If you have personal problems as well a few are available to talk. They provide many out of work opportunities like scholarships, eye benefits, etc. They also provide the opportunity for a First aid responder course and host events. During special events they even allow you to go outside the daily dress code(halloween, christmas), once a year they even supply the lunch room with Mary Browns. It is your typical large company business but the management is wonderful and I enjoy my fashion team.
Great place to work,,,great staff..Enjoyed my time working at Walmart in Corner Brook, Nl. Worked as a cashier there part time for 4 years from Sep to Dec each year and injoyed it very much...
I have been with Walmart for 6 years, almost 7. I have worked in 3 different store locations. Most of the management and staff at the Corner Brook location are great.
I have bad kidneys and there are times that I do get sick. She expects too much of me I don't like working on the belts at Walmart cause there is to much heavy lifting
Pros
Good working enviroment lots of pay and benefits
Cons
They expect to much
A very accommodating workplace for people who have physical or mental health limitations. They create a safe and inviting opportunity for associates to advance no matter their age, sex, gender, and sexual orientation.
Pros
10% After 3 months probation
Cons
Standing in one spot for long periods of time
Walmart is typically very busy, but management and other members of the staff work together well to get things done. The hardest part of the job would have to be coverage as there are not always enough people scheduled. Overall it is a good place to work and very fair when it comes to breaks and requesting time off.
Didn't mind working for Walmart at all, if it wasn't for night shift bein such a toll on my body I would easily still be working there now, loved working there.
Pros
friendly staff, long breaks
Cons
understaffed, heavy workload
I enjoyed working there very much so and enjoyed the staff and it was all team player work and meet lots of customers and learn new things every day and learn about all the safety things
don't work for walmart I was a clear that was there for a new new complay over it was good place to work and it was very under staff at night it was lot of work some nights
Pros
great staff
Cons
clock in at shift time, learned how to clean bathrooms, do carry outs, management was firm but approachable, workplace culture easy going and team oriented hardest part dealing with customers
Pros
discount at certain places
Cons
annoying customers
-management are great -flexible shifts -tons of opprotunities to get hours - 50% off food -fun enviroment -good place to excel and work your way up
good workplace with good management and staff. Mostly hard working assoicates. Very good work/life balance, will go out of their way to help you.
I've learned so much at Walmart. I love my co-workers, customers, managers and the work environment. I really like getting to interact with so many different people and learning new things.
Working with this company was a awesome experience, and was only one of my first real jobs. It made me realise what working was all about. It was great to work with the employees. It was also a great place to learn!
I work in the electronic Department but trying to expand to other departments. Because I'm a single dad caring for 2 children, my hours are kind of limited to day time only. Its hard to get many shifts at Walmart with only limited availability. The co-workers are usually great and easy to get along with. I was recently on the Renovation team for 4 months and learned many thing throughout the store. This part of the job was the most enjoyable as I like setting things up or changing equipment.
Good managers who took your needs into consideration. Fully stocked lunch room and great customers!!
Pros
regular assessment and pay increases, profit sharing.
Cons
no medical benefits etc. for part-time employees.