Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Coquitlam, BC

it's what you expect out of a retail job, you do what you're told, and thats all, some days there is alot of work sometimes not alot. the scheduling can be pretty bad at times, but overall, its what you think it would be
You have to work more than you're expected to. You have to be very co-operative with customers which sometimes isn't easy. You're expected to give more than your hundred percent and sometimes have to cover up for your fellow peers. overall its a really good exposure of time management and I would recommend everyone to take this opportunity and give your 100% in it
Pros
Flexible, reliable.
Cons
Managment
Good place to work for a student. Flexible hours. Team atmosphere. Lots of positions available to choose from. Customer service skills are key to be successful at this job.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Busy shifts
The people were nice, but the management left something to be desired. There was a lack of communication between managers, at least from the employee perspective.
Half are manager and half associates ,awefully all managers are interfering in your job!! Always you are worried about your hours, simetimes 19 hours a week, sometimes 12! Sometimes 36! You can not count on it for your live payees.
The most enjoyable part about work is everyone is treated the same. Management is excellent. Workplace culture is fantastic. People and colleagues are helpful
It was ok for temporary work and income, but I think for a serious person like me who intends to support his family to the best of his abilities I could do better.
Good place to work as a first job to learn about the ins and outs of retail work. I am a student and I was able to choose my hours around my class schedule.
Fast paced work environment but you find your pace after you get used to it. Great manager, gives me my days off when requested and helps me whenever I ask in his best ability.
Pros
one hour break during an 8 hour shift, included with two 15 minutes
Cons
Rude customers, handling expired foods
-Stay motivated and be positive -To prioritize tasks, manage time, listen to the problems and solve them. I also learned how to deliver the task to your team members and make sure its done by doing follow ups. -Prioritizing tasks, time management, problem solving skills -Diversity, understanding, teamwork, helpful, professional -Hardest part of work was staff shortage and staff not showing up on time or no show -Unexpected hurdles and bringing effective results, training newly hired associates and following up with them
-workplace culture was very good as i worked with many nice people that made my job more fun -learned more customer service skills -managers were easy to get a hold of -very flexible work hours
pay is low benefits are ok lots of physical work for the pay almost warehouse work but you get paid minimum wage. definitely not recommend for people looking for higher pay. work environment was good management a little pushy but some are good.
Pros
i hour lunch two coffeee breaks
Cons
low pay work too much for pay
A typical day they expect you to do get everything done at a certain time with little help. I have learned how to pace myself with my work and not injurining myself. The management is not what I expected. They are misleading due to the lack of training. I feel like I have to do everything on my own. The workplace culture is disappointing. The hardest part of the job are the sleepless nights. The most enjoyable part of the job is that my shifts go by quick.
Pros
Quick shifts
Cons
Sleepless nights
After working there for a while, the managers began to take advantage of me (abusing my available hours, scheduling me as full time when I was part time) etc.
The job is not stressful but the management needs to improve especially in communicating to employees. When approached for information, managers hardly know what to say.
Pros
Breaks allowed
Cons
Irregular hours
I enjoy the roller coaster, the casino, the bungee jump called life; this is the daily experience working at Walmart. It is a real pleasure to work with the different types of customers, associates, partners and others at Walmart. The working atmosphere at Walmart is very colourful. If you like being on your feet and covering more than 8 kms during your daily work shift then you will enjoy working for Walmart.
Pros
Meeting all kind of people
Cons
In the morning hrs it is dull as there are more associates then customers.