Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Collingwood, ON

Pays to little to keep up with the cost of living for the area. Good coworkers that are helpful as are most assistant managers except for one who staff seem afraid of
Pros
Discount card, fast paced, co-workers
Cons
Hourly wage
I have nothing bad to say about Walmart it was great to me I started at the bottom worked my way up to the top and left after 15 yrs relocated. I would go back
It's Walmart. If you like ppl alot then go ahead. But after 3 year's you fine you can't fix stupid. If they payed more to work there, then it would be a nice store to shop
With places like Walmart, it's the people around you that make or break the job. The unfortunate part is, there are a lot of managers who don't exactly understand how to get the most out of their subordinates. This can leave workers becoming easily irritated, or wishing to move to a different job very quickly. Unless you find a diamond in the rough location, you're most likely better off getting paid a hair above minimum wage somewhere else.
All the cashiers i worked with were pretty great to work with... it was an awesome atmosphere to be in, most of the time... they dont have your back when it come to not being about to be there because your child is at home sick
Working as a cashier, there are no guaranteed hours. Co-workers were nice. Clientele varied. People call in sick all the time, so you didn't always have the support you needed on shift.
- Terrible scheduling that serves the company, not you. Your hours may be cut or changed on a whim to save the company a buck. - Benefits/perks available to full time staff, but they'll cap your hours within half an hour of becoming full time so they never have to give them to you. - Sideways advancements. They'll give you more responsibility/burden with no extra pay. Lower-level management positions will having you working gruelling hours, on salary, so while you might make slightly more money, you'll be living at Wal-Mart. - Lazy upper-management who typically sit in their offices all day; most of them steal to supplement their terrible income. - The only good thing about this job are the other poor saps working along side you.
Lots of happy co workers who are eager to help new staff learn & make them feel welcome.
I loved working at Walmart, I always felt valued there. I worked hard but we also had lots of fun. It was like family and I found it very hard to leave when I moved away
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?
The training was very weak and made working difficult because of lack of knowledge. Working with the Optician was good but training was very sporadic which extended the learning curve,
Pros
not working on an assembly line
Cons
learning curve very steep
It is what you think working at Walmart entails. It does offer some good job advancements, although I'm just working there as I go to school as well. Not very much hours at the moment. Always hiring though.
Face paced and competitive. The company has room for you to grow if you desire. Plenty of opportunities to expand job capabilities in a variety of settings.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Easy to get a job here, but the longer you are here the less hours you get. Make sure when working here you know your rights under canvas labor laws, they try to insinuate things that are not at Liberty to insinuate or threatened. This is written by somebody the dean as rehireable.
Cons
When rate of pay goes up. Hours will go down
Not a very friendly place to work. Not really good hours. Would of liked to do more photography choices then just the sit and pose. Wouldn't work there again.
I very much enjoyed my time with the company, having worked for them on two separate occasions, and would go back again if given the opportunity in the back offices.
Pros
Team atmosphere.
Cons
Low pay.
loved working with the people there and seeing the public, hardest part of the job was dealing with not so nice customers
I Loved my position. I Worked with some great people. I enjoyed the customers, many whom returned year after year. We had a lot of ongoing safety training. Some good perks.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
management
Being an "unloader" at Wal Mart, really opened my eyes to the work life. I made awesome friends, and we had hilarious memories together. When the baler exploded cardboard all throughout the backroom, when we made a maze out of toilet paper, and the night I flipped a pump truck.
Pros
Great friends
Cons
Back to back hours (closing, and opening next day)
I enjoyed working there .It was a new store when i started the management was great and the co workers also i made a lot of new friends There was a lot to learn to being a manager but i enjoyed it.
Pros
team work, learning new things.
My typical day at work was to always make sure picks were done and been able to use a telezon gun. Any trucks that showed up during that time would have to be received and paperwork would be done by a upc associate. I learned about how to work with telezon guns and receiving that trucks properly. My management team was great they all worked fair and made everyone feel welcome and who ever didnt fit in they usually made me a top person to help them move quicker and felt they belong in the back room. My co-workers were all hard working and completed everything up what the expectation was needed. A few nights weren't as good as others but who doesn't fall off every now and then ?. Hardest part of the job was probably fitting every task in for the night to go as planned. not everything works out for the night but you always made sure it was completed. ex. picks,pulling,setting for truck,unloading truck,wrapping skids,pulling old freight along with the new every night had its challenges but majority of the time it was all completed. Working with everyone being a team leader wasn't something i wanted but its something i was willing to move on to. I loved helping the company and being someone they could put their faith into to make sure the jobs and tasks were all completed.
Pros
completing things early- the choice of ice cream or something that was considered a good night.
Cons
picking up slack for others or being short handed.
Although the hours were not consistent, management worked at being flexible with employees schedules. I learned what it was like to be part of a huge team and many valuable team work skills. The hardest part of the job would be asking for individuals to apply for the Walmart Rewards Mastercard. And the most enjoyable part was how great all of the co-workers got along with each other. Still today I enjoy going to Walmart just to say hi to previous co-workers and catch up.
Pros
staff parties
Cons
inconsistent hours