Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Cold Lake, AB

One of the worst places I ever worked, never got a credit card to make purchases until a week before I was fired and I was there to repair stuff its kind of hard without a way of buying or getting parts and tools. Was given a cube van in January in Western Canada with no winter tires. Clueless and borderline inept management.
It can be a very toxic place to work, management tends to play around alot with the workers: they do play favorites, and if they have an issue with you they'll likely push you untill you quit.
Pros
Its a paycheck.
Cons
Its not much of a paycheck.
Fast Paced Lifestyle. Constantly Busy throughout day Job Advancement is there, if you seek it. Great relationships made during my experience working there.
Great staff helps with dealing with unfortunate people. Only thing i dislike is working my butt of and getting paid the same amount as people who just stand around doing nothing. Great company lots of benefits just low pay
The work days were typically full and employees were kept busy. Was trained in cash, food side retail, and all salesfloor activities. Favourite part of the job was co-workers and getting to work alongside them.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Poor communication between headquarters and store management
walmart is a busy company being an unloader was a a very busy job always except for when the truck was late sometimes my favorite about the job was lunch and every second week to be honest this is true nobody doesnt like not getting paid unless your volunteering to help
I like to start my day off with a good breakfast. I learn how to multi-task. i think i will like the man agent. i got good culture in my work. waitting on the next task. interacting with people
Pros
social life, having money, getting a life out side work
Cons
i am bad with time management.
Walmart is my favourite job I've ever had. I enjoyed it very much and I love shopping there almost every day. The prices are amazing and the staff is very friendly. I have never had a problem shopping at Walmart.
I didn't mind working at coldlake Alberta Walmart. The staff were nice and it was fast paced enough to keep me on my feet. A community I'd love to work with again.
Team Setting no one gets centered out everyone stays involved team meetings always moving consistant tasks never stationary always being asked to perform different tasks in other depts room to grow
Pros
Growth Opp
Working at walmart was super fast pace and quite confusing at first, but once I learned what I was doing, it was a pretty good job. would work there again.
Plans are laid out well. Enjoyed working with the employees and the customers. Everyone was very help full with anything that you need help with. Great selection.
got picked on a lot no one is treated equal, i don't feel safe going to work, even with a doctors note they wont listen. they say one thing and do another. they tell you your family comes first but they are NOT a family friendly employer.
Pros
income
Cons
no hours that work with your life, horrible people
When I worked at Walmart I found there were too many management staff on that where very helpful when store was busy but rushed us. I was one of the top 3 cashiers who worked quickly with a 100% balanced cash drawer on every shift.
My peers at Wal-Mart were great friendly people but the hours the company asked us to work were poor as well as the conditions. I could work the closing shift one night and the opening shift the next or work six to seven days in a row.
Pros
Friendly staff/co-workers
Cons
Long hours for to low of pay
My time here was great, i got along with the rest of the staff quite easily and all my hard work was appreciated and the managers were very pleased with my ability to get tasks done and keep a fast work environment
the job was for the most part i consider easy, but my co-workers were not enjoyable to work with, the people who were supposed to train me rarely showed up, and there was no one to take over to teach me what to do. After a couple weeks I learned how to do everything myself, working alone most of the time.
Pros
simple job
Cons
unfriendly environment
It's a good place to work. Very busy and productive. The associates are all very nice and a lot of fun to work with. The managers don't go by people's availability and don't really talk to them and don't help when people are by them selfs.
Pros
The customers
Cons
Not going by people's Availablity
Working for walmart is great.. the staff i work with are an amazing group of people that have helped me learn and grow and to become the employee i am today. The hardest part of the job i find when working in any pharmacy is getting close to patients that later pass on but the best part of my job is coming to work everyday with people i enjoy working with and helping all the patients that we do help! Its a rewarding feeling.
Pros
Helping people.
Cons
Losing patients you have grown attached too.
This was a good job at the time. But it didn't fit me. Shifts can be constant, for me they were. Raises were poor and showed in peoples job performance.
Pros
10% discount on MOST things
Cons
Management.
This joy gives me the ability to work with many different people, different cultures and various challenges throughout any given day. Different vendors, different departments and skill sets.
Pros
Company Discount, friendly associates
Cons
low wage