Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Cochrane, AB

Overall, it's not a bad job. The culture isn't the best, no-one wants to share information on how to do the job most efficiently. The managers are quick to point out mistakes and slow to show appreciation.It is a good job for those that simply need an unskilled job. They want staff to do far more work than the rate of pay warrants, leaving everyone feeling taken advantage of.
Pros
No special skills required
Cons
Demanding for rate of pay
A typical day at Walmart was busy and sometimes overwhelming, but otherwise okay. I learned how to zone items and greet customers, take phone calls, etc. Management in the Customer Salesfloor Asscoiate was quite poor. Assistant manager was rude to me quite often. I loved my co-workers. I enjoyed being with my coworkers.
Pros
Good lunch hours, friendly coworkers
Cons
Rude management, long hours, non-flexible schedule hours
I have learned how to bin, stock, zone, receive, picks, mark downs, claims. The hardest part of the job was trying to get everything done in one night. The most enjoyable part of the was working with the other associates there.
Working at walmart were some of the greatest times. Made a lot of friends there, and had alot of fun with what i was doing. The management was always friendly as well.
This role is a typical grocery stocking position with what seems to be atypical processes attached to it. Work volume to staffing volume is not consistent and often times leaves an imbalance which causes frustration and stress among the staff. There is a large disconnect between the day shift and the night shift staff which often times leads to staff handling the same freight sometimes four times a day and becomes extremely noticeable when there are large quantities of new freight to be worked. This additional handling of freight leads to packages being damaged and product quality being compromised. The additional freight handling also ends up causing stress to the staff because management then begins to belittle the staff as to why work isn't being completed efficiently. Management is extremely inexperienced and doesn't have realistic processes or expectations in place to provide for a productive work environment. Productivity expectations are not only unclear but unrealistic at all times which leads to staff being scolded for what management feels is underachievement.
it was a very easy, relaxed job if you did as you were told you had no problems. I would recommend it for students. Management could use some work, the managers and Assistant managers were the ones who gossiped and talked trash a lot even though it broke policy.
Store #1135 just completed a lunchroom update and is in process of setting up online grocery shopping section in the backroom. This store has great management and staff.
The workplace was fun and I learned many different skills - especially how to deal with people. I appreciated what I learnt at this establishment and is a fantastic first job.
The collective staff works overnight to restock shelves and clean the building for the following day. We'd have a short meeting to assign sections and go about a routine for most of the night. The work is straightforward and could be finished with time to spare so your not working under pressure. The worst aspect of the job was dealing with management. The supervising staff was woefully incapable of performing their own job while criticizing others for the way they performed their jobs (ie working diligently and finishing early). Additionally employees would be hired for one job but expected to take on the responsibilities of a different position they were not formally trained for and usually for a lower pay grade. My coworkers experienced similar problems with management and how staff was distributed between departments. Some departments would have a surplus of employees that would have to assist other departments, and some employees couldn't take their scheduled breaks because there would be no one to relieve them.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Mismanagement, monotonous
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?
i enjoyed working here but often we were understaffed and the extra burden on other workers was a lot... my co-workers were fairly pleasant to be around
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
usually understaffed
Typical day consisted of scanning and doing inventory for part of the day and unloading a truck the other part of the day. I learnt how to operate scanners and how to unload a truck in a timely manner while keeping the backroom tidy. Hardest part was having to deal with the poor management. Most enjoyable part was seeing all the progress I made in a day. Management was very poor and did not care about their employees.
Cons
Two-faced managers who didn't care
I learned how to operate scanners, how to do inventory, unload trucks in a timely fashion and just keep the backroom tidy. Management did not care about their employees, which made working there not enjoyable. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing how much progress I could make in a day. The least enjoyable part was having to deal with the managers
Pros
Was physically active at work, got good hours and some over-time
Cons
Poor management
A very good experience and a fun place to work at, the staff are really friendly and they do their best in trying to help co-workers and the customers who shop at their store.
People are friendly and talkative, get lots of stories of weird costumers,if people dont get hurt for days you get free food. Overall i have enjoyed working there even though many of the walmart corporate rules basically screwed me over when a coworker almost attacked me and I got in trouble because of them almost hitting me and calling me horrible things right in front of a camera while i stood there and didnt retaliate.
Pros
discounts of more than just in the store and many ways to go up the corporate ladder.
Cons
Pay is garbage for the work you might be doing.
Wal Mart is a very good experience to work in which allows you to learn vast skills in different sections of the store. The staff and employees are always willing to help when you need those extra hands to finish a task.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
I felt like i was always on the run or being discriminated because of my skin tone. I felt like everyone was watching me and the mangers were rude and mean.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
managers
Management was very laissez faire, did not work much, sometimes would leave me with too much to do on my own. Wage was lower than what I signed for and I had to fight to get it changed. Other wise was an excellent place to work.
Pros
Excellent breaks
Cons
Unmotivated management team
Worked in the meat dept.Enjoyed what I did.Also worked hard and learned lots every day.Staff was great hard workers willing to go the extra mile.Work place safety they were very lean with there staff.
Pros
Benefits are awesome, staff good to work with.
Cons
Poor training, mgt needs work.
Started as cashier and worked my way to cashier leader. Daily duties included assisting customers with check outs, cash balance, fast paced work environment.
I am grateful for the way Walmart trained me thoroughly and quickly so I could make my job easier. If I wanted to be trained to do something, I could ask and something would most likely be arranged to help me with what I would like to learn.
Pros
Safe place to work, employee recognition/involvement
Cons
Inconsistent hours
Working with the company is enjoyable, challenging and much to learn, you learned to be patient, resilient , and respectful at all times , the management is great in dealings with employees giving clear instructions before the start of the day on a day to day basis, co-workers always observed company policies avoiding any kind of discrimination, there's no part of the job that is hard enough to do for as long as you are enjoying it. over-all its great experience to work with such kind of company.