Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Cobourg, ON

It is a good place to work as part-time for international students Have to travel 100 kms every day from where I live Colleges and managers are helpful
I love my job competitive wages Friendly staff Great mangament Yearly bonuses Lots of training Great team of associates Yearly raises Flexable with scheduling That's it
Management cares about their job...making the store money. They dont care about employees. They dont care about customers. They care about money and that is it. Every thing else is policy. And if they dont like you they will legit make up their own reasons to fire you (and have a fake paper trail to back up those fake reasons). Good luck.
Pros
Its a job?
Cons
Management. Hours. Pay. Coworkers.
Great place to work Very friends and flexible workplace life balance Lots of perks of the job Easy fast days Customer service is the best fun place to work
Hard work, constantly busy. Helping customers, going on cash, merchandising, refilling shelves, doing modular(merchandise assigned location), pricing changes and more
Pros
Benefits, bonus
Cons
Trying to follow many different managements directions
Walmart is an amazing company to work for, there are many chances to grow within the company, accepting to all cultures, very busy but always something to do the most enjoyable part about the job is seeing familiar faces, hardest part of the job is not being able to please everyone.
Love working here.The managers are great and willing to help in any aspects related to the work and company. Excellent management and daily scheduling. Always busy and always have work to do. Hardest part of the job is the sore feet at the end of the day from all the walking around the store in steel toed boots.
Pros
profit sharing
Cons
not many hours scheduled for alot of people
every day is a new experience at walmart. everyone gets along and it almost feels like a family, but with every family comes drama, theres tons of that at walmart. some custumors are a hastle, but that is seen in every work place, but overall, its about the best part time job you can get.
Pros
occasional events
Cons
customers
I've been with Wal Mart for over 3 years now, and there's always more than 1 job to do, which gives me a whole range of experience to put on a resume from food prep, to hands on customer service, and that gives me a higher chance of finding another job. Managers are great, hours are flexible, and it's close to where I live so it's a simple commute, even in treacherous weather conditions. I've worked in all these area in that time: Cashier, Produce, Garden Center/Seasonal, Toys, Dairy/Frozen, Bakery, Store Standards.
Revenue based company with minimal concern for their staff. Too much favortism within the organization. They push their cashiers to sell Mastercards to customers that are not interested. If no attempt made, you get written up by management.
Pros
Cons
micro-managed
i liked that i was able to work midnights. but wish i had more of an opportunity to be hired on in another department when this position was done. Some of the people on my shift had no clue what they were hired for and more or less stood around dumbfounded watching a few of us most of the time
Pros
midnight shift
Cons
coworkers who had no clue what they were to be doing
typical day at work involves being in a fast paced environment, work under pressure, and management. The day always has events that keep you on your toes such as math, customer service, and an abundance of small tasks to complete such a recovery and closing/day responsibilities. The co-workers are all a part of family, and are always so supportive, accepting, and helpful. The hardest part of the job I would find is having to sell the walmart rewards master card. The most enjoyable part of the job is being part of such a fun, accepting, loving, and challenging team of co-workers that look out for your best interest. Additional to this, is having to do the same job everyday, but having it much different by having a series of different people through your till with different backgrounds and stories to share.
Pros
raises
Cons
short scheduled
I was the only woman in my position but the men i worked with were all fun and reliable. It was a monday to friday 9 - 5 job, and was hard work but my co-workers made it very enjoyable.
Pros
fun work environment and nice coworkers
Cons
physically tough but not un-achievable
It was a lot of fun and meet a lot of nice people. Christmas season is extremely busy which makes the shift go by faster. I would work at another Walmart if there was one closer to where I now live.
Pros
excellent co-workers
Cons
long line ups due to not enough cashiers
I was responsible for training new associates, shipped damaged material, claimed merchandise, processed paper, maintained communication and rapport with vendors for return authorizations, securely destroyed merchandise, processed claims, kept claims room at low inventory level.
I learned a lot in the 10 years I was there..i moved around the company as much as I could to learn as much as I could
Pros
clean..safe...friendly
Cons
not enough staff on hand
Walmart is always busy. I scanned the fastest so i was always on busiest lane. I enjoyed the people. It taught me to look at the human aspect of life in a poor economy. Walmart has issues with staff turnover. Very poor staff moral. Not a happy environment. I got along well with my co-workers and have made friends. Currently working in Deli, very difficult because of staff shortage. Strict policies must be followed to ensure quality product. I most enjoy the customers.
Pros
If you get a break.
Cons
Always said yes to cover shifts, my fault!
Midnight is a very hard shift to do, Many different personalities within management makes it very difficult for fair environment.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
poor compensation for amount of work
A typical day is to help customers find what they need. Clean the station and area. Price items, fold clothes, (zone) Management is very supportive. I learned cash experience. The hardest part of the job is standing and walking on my feet for several hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping pleasant customers and that my co-workers are fun, supportive and loyal.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Standing, long hours, weekend and nights
Mostly 4 hr shifts or 8 hr on w/ends, learned how to teach other people, the management was great, co workers are fantastic, hardest part of the the job was leaving.
Pros
co workers
Cons
not enough hours
good days work for decent paygood people to work with and serve in local areasgood benefits etcworkin with locals and being close to home
Pros
easy work