Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Chatham-Kent, ON

It's alright. Its an easy - ish job that gets you minimum wage. Just wish the managers would be more understanding. Its an ok part time job, I don't get how people make an living off of it though.
Pros
Pot lucks and fun raffle stuff
Cons
Managers themselves aren't understanding what so ever
Don't apply here if you're a single person who actually needs to make a living because it's just not possible and talking to management about getting more hours it's like your talking to a deer in headlights they pretend they are listening,but they aren't. this is the first job I've ever had in my 20 plus yrs of customer service that only gives you 28 hrs a week for full time unless your management or have been there for 10 yrs. the only good part about the job is the other employees they make your experience a little better each day.
Pros
BBQ'S and Dress Down days with an donation
Cons
Not enough hours to make an actual living.
Management is very easy to talk to and always there for help. Hours are great for a student and management is there if there are any difficulties shall something come up
Would not recommend, Management is very strict and if you are not working at all times without taking a bathroom break or drink break you are heavily criticized.
Great people to work for. Being part-time guaranteed 12 hrs of work. Not enough hrs of work, approximately 23 hrs/wk. Enjoy my job and the department I am working in.
Pros
10% discount, benefits, willing to work around your hours for school etc.
Cons
Not enough working hours. Only part-time hours.
Enjoyed my job at Walmart. I really enjoyed being a cashier. I was a greeter first and then cash. All the people at the front end where great to work with. Always willing to give each other a hand.
Pros
Profit Charing after you put in your time
Cons
All jobs are mostly part time.
I will not and will never liked the political part of any job including Walmart. Loved working for the company and serving the customers at Walmart. During my employment of ten years at the store l developed my regular customers. I had customers that would stay in my line no matter how long it was, so l could wait on them. They would tell me so, and when asked to go to shorter line, would decline the offer from my customers customers service manager. I developed a good rate of speed over my time there, and became good at put customers thru the checkout. I always kept my station very clean and always ready for the next person. Always was willing to work extra hours and was often called to cover a shift when needed. I always tried to be at my best and smile when working.
Pros
Loved my discounts during profit sharing at the store
Cons
Not always a lot of notice when called into work., but tried.
I was there for 10 years. From when i started as a midnight stocker to a bakery person. To working in the meat dept and the deli. They kept changing the way they did things to the way managers treated there employees. It was definitely a fast paste place.
Pros
Feeling my job was always going to be there.
Cons
Losing hours
Easy work, nice management, get used to the work quickly. Overnights can be difficult but not hard to adjust to. Lift and move a lot of boxes. Must be quick and organized.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
long hours, overnights
Very safety conscious and very aware of having an inclusive work culture. Pay not very good, but you get profit sharing after a while and have the opportunity to buy stock. Lots of food wasted in the produce department. You are made to throw it out if past due date, even if it's still good.
not many work hours available. meets lots of people management could improve no benefits to part-time employees even if you worked full time hours not very welcoming staff
Pros
discounts
Cons
work hours
Typical work day was usually 1-2 photoshoots, basic editing, and then sales. Most walk-ins were for passports photos (roughly 19-25 per day). - Good skills I learned were the criteria for passport photos, gun registration, work visa, and immigration photos. As well as the importance of appropriate advertising of products. - Management: To be frank management is a joke, they were extremely unorganized and lazy. I was a part-time employee who was working full-time hours because my manager would switch the schedule 10 minutes before her shift to make me work it because she didn’t feel like working it. This would often result in me having to drop everything and run to my job so as to not be late for a shift that was originally not mine. - The hardest part of the job was keeping to the strict time frame of 15 minute shoots when you have a 10 person group, shooting everyone at least twice, and all in different poses. Along with that you would only be aloud 10-15 minutes of editing for 30+ photos, another 5 minutes for sales, and then on to the next shoot or passport. - The most enjoyable part was the people I would photograph. Whether it be business portraits, graduation photos, family photos, or just a for-fun shoot everyone that walked into the studio was equally important and we always worked to make each shoot unique.
Pros
great customers, fast paced, lots of aspects of photography
Cons
Disorganized manager, lazy co-worker
worked for woolco and was hired on by Walmart and was good for the first years but then Walmart started to do cuts made a lot of employess over worked
Pros
people
Cons
company
This is a great job for somebody who's in school looking to make a bit of money. I wouldn't stick with this job for more than two years, especially in the position I'm currently in.
Pros
Paid Breaks
Cons
Stressful, Demanding, Long hours (on weekends)
Good place to find part time or temporary work and can be tough at times but is fairly nice comparing to many other retail jobs despite how many people bash Wal-Mart. Awesome work atmosphere full of friendly people.
Great people to work with. I found management in some areas lacking communication. No benefits for part time employees, and sometimes they reduce hours, even after they hire many new employees. Not many postings internally for advancement.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Low pay
management and co-workers great to work for. Fast paced, new challenges every day. Saw new faces each day. Decent hours and pay.
Shift hours would vary from week to week. I would zone merchandise and perform good customer service. Often there would be specific tasks assigned by a duty manager that I would be responsible to accomplish by the end of my shift.
This was one of the best atmospheres to work, Love the way the treat there coustomers, and make them feel at home and welcome.
My day started off with a friendly smile at the door. The greeters and other staff at Walmart offer top notch quality service and did so with a warming smile. A digital camera was required for this job as I had to take before and after pictures of my work. I learned how to read planograms, fold clothing properly, change signs, and also how to match the barcodes with the ones on the product. I enjoyed working with my co-workers as they offered plenty of support and help when I needed it. I enjoyed working in this friendly environment and would recommend to anyone interested in working in merchandising.
Pros
Short hours
Cons
Not all the stores carried the required merchandise
Full time was consider 21 hours. So when it was slow your hours got cut.