Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Charlottetown, PE

Working as a cashier at Walmart was a great experience overall co-workers were easy to get along with and managers were respectful. I left Walmart for personal health reasons, and if it were not for that, I would like to say I would still be working there.
Walmart provided me with the opportunity to make a change in work and provided me with lots of amazing employees and co workers, there is a great atmosphere working there
work experience is really good. people are very helpful and everyone is friendly. I get to deal with a lot of customer and it helps me to get better on my customer service.
I highly recommend to NEVER get a job at Walmart Charlottetown as they treat you like a number not a person. Terrible management that scream at you in front of customers. Management target certain people and have it out for them. Absolutely ridiculous! Worked for 4 years and staff being hired when I was leaving were making at least $0.50 more an hour than I was. Asked for a raise and was denied due to a manager screaming at me and I stood up for myself. I was the one to get in trouble but she did not.
It's Walmart. No matter how much propaganda they use, the work culture is shot and the managers can be rally rude and inconsiderated. I broke my arm working here and they were close to avoid my medical bills.
It was a new experience and i enjoyed a lot. It was very fast paced environment so it was a challenge to work. Also need to be very careful i handling the cash.
Working the overnight shifts never felt boring or tedious as I was allowed to work in multiple sections per night. This helped with my time management skills as well as my coordination skill in and out of work
Helping and advising customer during their time at Walmart, loading and unloading trucks, sorting, packaging and assembly line person,Functioned as lead designer for Core services Agile group. Attend daily stand up meetings alongside a project manager, developers to ensure overall stability of the Napster product.
Pros
good environment
Cons
long hour drive
When I first joined the company, the environment was mentally and financially healthier. Recent cuts have increased the work load per person and reduced full time availability. Management team changes often in Charlottetown, PE because it is a Management Training location which can cause some disruption from time to time. Must be able to lift heavy items and work is physically demanding. Customer market is very broad in income levels so you will cater to people from many walks of life and many personality and cultural groups. Be open minded and patience is a must.
Pros
Benefits packages
Cons
Physically demanding and very busy
fair working experience had to quit because a better job offer was found I personally liked the experience and can definitely do it again great skills were acquired and pleasant people
A typical day at Walmart leaves you feeling satisfied with your day. So many things to accomplish in the run of a day, you'll never feel like you didn't get enough done. Because at Walmart there's always jobs to get done. Management will even give you a shinning star if you complete a job well done!
Walmart was a good place to work. I got all the training I needed to do my job. I was usually not overworked unless it was very busy. The busy times helped me lean how to multitask.
Pros
Decent benefits, cross-training
Cons
Some management problems, some workers not pulling their weight
I won't advice considering Walmart for a long term career choice. Its only bearable as a temporary job. The management have no idea what they're doing and the associates are overworked and underpaid.
Wal-Mart Canada is very open to opportunities for the right group of people. Those who can respect the team structure of a work place above their individual wants will do well.
Pros
Diverse options
Cons
Physically demanding
Work in walmart is fine, but as a store standard? You might always get burnt by the sunshine. Too many carts you need to handle but few of your peers are willing to help you. Some of my peers always run out of work at work time, it is useless to tell the manager, trust me. When I first get this job, I was happy, cause I thought walmart will treat their workers equally. But cashier always get extra money, but as a store standard, never think about that. The manager was mumbling and try not to tell you what this work is about when you are having your interview.
Pros
management, friendly co-workers, crazy exercise
Cons
endless carts, sun burnt, work in every kinds of weather
Walmart's environment is harmful to the mental health of the workers UNDER the assistant managers. It is a very stressful environment and is not somewhere I would recommend for employment.
Pros
fundraising
Cons
Rough management
Overall, it was a great experience to work at Walmart. I learned a lot and gained great customer service experience. My managers, were very nice and scheduled me when I was available.
Management is very nice and helpful, providing, for the most part, a very positive work environment! The Hardest part of the job would be the repetitive work and constant influx of customers, especially during the summer months.
Pros
Scheduled breaks
Cons
Standing in the same spot
It was a really simple job, of course there were always obstacles but it was always repetitive work which I found was easiest. My co-workers were extremely friendly and out going and so were my managers which made it a wonderful place to work. I learned a lot of social skills through out my experience. The hardest part was dealing with upset customers but I always tried my best to make sure that they felt welcome and tried my best to resolve the situation. Overall it was an amazing job.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Upset people
Work with fun,Team working, Customer expectation, Fast and Accurate customer service, Flexible timing, getting almost 40 hours per week, flexible lunch time, Employment benefits
Pros
Flexible Timing
Cons
Long shift
Working at walmart was never a good job it destroys your own emotions you become very upset. Managers don't care. Only good thing there was your coworkers. You received a discount of 10% which didn't even cover taxes.
Pros
Friends
Cons
Managment